• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING NEWS: 9ers sign Moss 1 yr deal

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Hill or Fleener at 30. Hill might be a Young Randy Moss with his speed and size. And with Fleener the niners have a TE to become a Gronk for the niners. Minus the pr0n star I hope.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a WR because we have Moss shouldn't even be a discussion. allowing Moss to effect our future in anyway would be foolish, take the young guy, if he out performs Moss we have a nice squad.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be funny if the niners signed TO too. With Moss, Crabtrree and TO they could be the Biggest Divas ever.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com news: Moss says he's eager to prove himself again with new deal in S.F.

"It was a decision to get back in the game because I still love the game and think I can play at a high level," he said. "It was obvious they liked what they saw. I don't want to let them down."

"Yes, he can still bring it at his old age. I don't know, he's probably sitting there with an ice pack or something on his shoulder right now," Moss said. "He can still wing it."

"Harbaugh is a young, enthusiastic coach. I love enthusiasm," Moss said. "A lot of things stood out to me.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note I was liking Kyle Williams as a receiver... I just never ever want to see him on a return team again... He reminded me of Dexter Carter way too much.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't it be funny if the niners signed TO too. With Moss, Crabtrree and TO they could be the Biggest Divas ever.

If the patriots cut chad Johnson we should sign him too:frusty:

Moss

Owens

Crabtree

Johnson

Ginn

Thoughts haha

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the signing of Moss doesn't stop is from going after a guy like Colston. Moss is not enough in my opinion, add Colston along with a Moss then I would be happy.

I am kind of happy and disappointed with the Moss signing, it all depends Moss and his attitude and effort that he puts forward with us.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a no lose situation for the 49ers.
I read he had Philly lined up after the 49ers. So he chose to sign with the 49ers over waiting for Brees and Vick, so that's pretty cool.

I think what this means is we might now pass on the more expensive WRs (Wallace, VJax) and I think what this also means is that Stephen Hill probably won't be available at #30. I can still see us getting another FA WR on the cheap. A guy who can handle the slot and return game. How about Eddie Royal?

Morgan might not be back unless he signs cheap.

I still think we should draft at least one WR as well.

Finally, he might pick #81 and then when he catches his first TD pass from Alex Smith he'll move past T.O. on the touchdown record chart. :-)

Why couldn't we make such a bold move in week 16 last year when we let Braylon go!?!?!?!

Not necessarily. The more of the other guys that are available for desperate teams, the more likely Hill is available. If we didn't take Moss, we'd be more likely to take one of those receivers and someone else would need to take Hill (or Moss, I suppose, making Hill less needed?). Of course, we wouldn't need Hill at that point. Having said this, I don't know if someone who was planning on getting Moss was ahead of us in the draft and will instead go for someone else other than Hill.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a no lose situation for the 49ers.
I read he had Philly lined up after the 49ers. So he chose to sign with the 49ers over waiting for Brees and Vick, so that's pretty cool.

I think what this means is we might now pass on the more expensive WRs (Wallace, VJax) and I think what this also means is that Stephen Hill probably won't be available at #30. I can still see us getting another FA WR on the cheap. A guy who can handle the slot and return game. How about Eddie Royal?

Morgan might not be back unless he signs cheap.

I still think we should draft at least one WR as well.

Finally, he might pick #81 and then when he catches his first TD pass from Alex Smith he'll move past T.O. on the touchdown record chart. :-)

Why couldn't we make such a bold move in week 16 last year when we let Braylon go!?!?!?!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, i believe a lot of the negativity about the signing is due to pre-conceived notions and reputation. if he signed a deal w/ $5 mil guaranteed, i'm not happy. if its 1mil with incentives [which is far more likely], i'm thrilled. i'm not really going to hold his minnesota or tenn debacle against him. he's the type of guy that needs to build a rapport w/ his QB, feel wanted by the team, and other psychological support. i love this move because of the team we have, the atmosphere in the locker room, and the head coach. if moss starts acting out, he's cut the same day. if he plays well, he's exactly what this team [and especially alex smith] has been missing for 8 years. with our running game, moss should see plenty of single coverage and off play action should be deadly. my only concern is will he block and play hard when he's not the primary receiver. but i'm sure harbaugh and baalke considered this before signing him.

but again, why did we not do this for the playoffs. it would have, at the very least, given teams something to prepare and scheme for. what a wasted opportunity. an extra reception, or a shift in coverage in the giants game, may have been the difference.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IMO if Hill is still there, we should still take him.

I definitely agree with this sentiment. There is nothing like having one of the most physically gifted athlete's hopefully showing another one(Hill) how to gain separation using his athleticism. I really like the possibility of having Moss for this year and Hill for the future.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's a great signing because it's a no lose deal for us.

He performs at a high level it's a bargain.

If he causes problems or doesn't play well you dump him and move on.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's nice about this deal is its before FA opens, so we don't need to rush or get into a bidding war over a WR.
Can also go after a guy like Eddie Royal, to play the slot, and as said draft a mid rounder to develop.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great signing because it's a no lose deal for us.

He performs at a high level it's a bargain.

If he causes problems or doesn't play well you dump him and move on.

Agreed. You have to trust Harbaugh and Baalke. I'm sure they talked to him about their expectations. This is a win-win for the Niners.