• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Hue Jackson hired as Browns HC

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's an MVP candidate with another team entirely. No way Palmer is even sniffing the MVP discussion if he's still with Oakland.

He's still a million times better than any other option they had. He's also better than any QB the Niners have had since Steve Young; I would've killed to have had the 49ers trade for Palmer instead of going with DumbDumb for 3 years.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an MVP candidate with another team entirely. No way Palmer is even sniffing the MVP discussion if he's still with Oakland.
Thats pretty much true of any QB in oakland:suds:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad it is with another dysfunctional organization.

Yeah. The Browns might win 6 or 7 games one year if they're lucky. Nothing to really get excited about until they find a real QB, some real talent on offense outside of Joe Thomas, and some real talent on defense outside of Joe Haden. Basically, the team sucks outside of like their top 7 or so players.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a 17th overall and a 37th overall. That gets you into the top 10. And on top of that Oakland was paying Carson premium NFL dollars for those couple of years which is a big deal when you are one of the poorest teams in the league.

And the only reason Palmer is on pace to be an MVP candidate is because he found that same fountain of youth when healing from ACL surgery that Manning had found when healing from neck surgery. The double benefit for Palmer is that it helped improve his arm ligament as well.

When they made that trade, Carson sucked. People forget that. He looked like crap his last couple of years in Cinci as he just didnt' have the same arm after the elbow problems. He was so bad that a rookie Andy Dalton was a SIGNIFICANT upgrade.
17th dre kirkpatrick 37th Bernard

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The Browns might win 6 or 7 games one year if they're lucky. Nothing to really get excited about until they find a real QB, some real talent on offense outside of Joe Thomas, and some real talent on defense outside of Joe Haden. Basically, the team sucks outside of like their top 7 or so players.
I'm thinking he'll do something about the QB position in the draft, just hopefully not at #2. And they have talent on offense, they've just lacked a facilitator. Gordon is coming back, Barnidge was one of the top 5 TEs in the league this year, and Travis Benjamin had a great year despite bad QBs throwing to him. He also has a fantastic OC in Difilipo.

This draft is going to be huge in terms of setting the team up for success, seeing how badly Farmer fucked up the last 2. God he was awful.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking he'll do something about the QB position in the draft, just hopefully not at #2. And they have talent on offense, they've just lacked a facilitator. Gordon is coming back, Barnidge was one of the top 5 TEs in the league this year, and Travis Benjamin had a great year despite bad QBs throwing to him. He also has a fantastic OC in Difilipo.

This draft is going to be huge in terms of setting the team up for success, seeing how badly Farmer fucked up the last 2. God he was awful.

I forgot about Barnidge and Benjamin. I'll give you them. They don't suck. I wouldn't touch Gordon. Maybe he's changed his life and will be an elite WR again, who knows? But I wouldn't trust it. The RB's are okay I guess. The O line isn't terrible. The offense is definitely better than the defense. Strange to say since they were a good defense just a few years ago.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Barnidge and Benjamin. I'll give you them. They don't suck. I wouldn't touch Gordon. Maybe he's changed his life and will be an elite WR again, who knows? But I wouldn't trust it. The RB's are okay I guess. The O line isn't terrible. The offense is definitely better than the defense. Strange to say since they were a good defense just a few years ago.
Duke Johnson was also one of the better pass-catching RBs in the league this year (5th among RBs in catches and also 0 fumbles). Mack is likely gone at C, which is fine because that's where Cam Erving will move to. Otherwise, Thomas will likely stay, and Mitchell Schwartz was one of the top RTs in football this year.

The worst part about the defense? They're the highest paid defensive unit in the NFL. They just got wrecked by injuries this year. There were games when 3/4 or 4/4 of their opening day starting defensive backs didn't play.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough call they have to make on Benjamin as he is a UFA this offseason. You know the Browns are going to have to offer him stupid money to stay there. Probably really close to Maclin money if not that exact same deal.

And while his final numbers were solid, the Browns were pretty inefficient when throwing to him. They just had little else going for them so they just fed him the ball constantly. Only completed something like 55% of the balls that went his way. But a lot of that might have been the QB's.

Schwartz is another big FA for them. He'll get a bigger deal than most people would imagine I bet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call they have to make on Benjamin as he is a UFA this offseason. You know the Browns are going to have to offer him stupid money to stay there. Probably really close to Maclin money if not that exact same deal.

And while his final numbers were solid, the Browns were pretty inefficient when throwing to him. They just had little else going for them so they just fed him the ball constantly. Only completed something like 55% of the balls that went his way. But a lot of that might have been the QB's.

Schwartz is another big FA for them. He'll get a bigger deal than most people would imagine I bet.
I could see them waiting out the Benjamin thing. Don't get me wrong, he's a very solid deep threat, but we have two other guys like him on the roster in Hawkins and Gabriel. If Gordon is able to come back (which all indicators are he will), they can afford to let Benjamin walk if his demands are that high.

Plus, now that Farmer is gone, we can actually draft a quality WR early in the draft. I would have no problem whatsoever if they snagged Treadwell at #2. Pairing him with Gordon and having Barnidge at TE would quickly turn this a QB's wet dream, especially under guys like Jackson and Defillipo who are known for getting the most out of their QBs.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them waiting out the Benjamin thing. Don't get me wrong, he's a very solid deep threat, but we have two other guys like him on the roster in Hawkins and Gabriel. If Gordon is able to come back (which all indicators are he will), they can afford to let Benjamin walk if his demands are that high.

Plus, now that Farmer is gone, we can actually draft a quality WR early in the draft. I would have no problem whatsoever if they snagged Treadwell at #2. Pairing him with Gordon and having Barnidge at TE would quickly turn this a QB's wet dream, especially under guys like Jackson and Defillipo who are known for getting the most out of their QBs.

What's your feeling on whether they pony up on Schwartz or let him walk? After the Bulaga contract, no way you get him for anything less than 5 years $35M. And that might be light by a $1M a year at least.

You think they put Thomas back on the market? I would love my Vikes to send their 1st rounder to Cleveland for him. (Although I know they won't). Would be interesting to know what the last admin was willing to accept back in return for Thomas when they started to float him around the league.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Johnson was also one of the better pass-catching RBs in the league this year (5th among RBs in catches and also 0 fumbles). Mack is likely gone at C, which is fine because that's where Cam Erving will move to. Otherwise, Thomas will likely stay, and Mitchell Schwartz was one of the top RTs in football this year.

The worst part about the defense? They're the highest paid defensive unit in the NFL. They just got wrecked by injuries this year. There were games when 3/4 or 4/4 of their opening day starting defensive backs didn't play.

Problem with their defense is that they are overpaid and old at many positions.

I'd be willing to bet they go QB with that first pick since they'll have the best available options. I'd personally like Goff out of Cal but would be happy with either him or Lynch.

I'd love to see Bosa land in Cle, but I think they're gonna go QB instead.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your feeling on whether they pony up on Schwartz or let him walk? After the Bulaga contract, no way you get him for anything less than 5 years $35M. And that might be light by a $1M a year at least.

You think they put Thomas back on the market? I would love my Vikes to send their 1st rounder to Cleveland for him. (Although I know they won't). Would be interesting to know what the last admin was willing to accept back in return for Thomas when they started to float him around the league.
Honestly if they can trade Thomas for a 1st rounder, they may do it. They're in full reload mode, and getting a 1st rounder (and maybe more) would help immensely. I think that price range is gonna be to rich for a RT right now considering all the holes they have and the fact that you can find a quality RT many places. If they trade Thomas, they'll be taking a LT with whatever pick they get I'm sure.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with their defense is that they are overpaid and old at many positions.

I'd be willing to bet they go QB with that first pick since they'll have the best available options. I'd personally like Goff out of Cal but would be happy with either him or Lynch.

I'd love to see Bosa land in Cle, but I think they're gonna go QB instead.
Yeah they are definitely aging, but they do have some quality parts. I love Shelton. I think he's going to be very good. I also think Kirksey is going to be solid for a long time. However, the CB position is bad and I'm afraid Haden is one more hit away from retirement, so I imagine they'll be taking one early in this next draft (maybe Apple?).

I really hope they don't go QB unless either Goff or Lynch just blow up at the combines. I think Goff could be good but I'm not sold on either of them at all. Bosa would be awesome, and I bet he's there because I think Tennessee grabs Tunsil. If they grab Bosa, and then can get Mike Thomas with the first pick of the 2nd round, I'd consider this draft a success.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are definitely aging, but they do have some quality parts. I love Shelton. I think he's going to be very good. I also think Kirksey is going to be solid for a long time. However, the CB position is bad and I'm afraid Haden is one more hit away from retirement, so I imagine they'll be taking one early in this next draft (maybe Apple?).

I really hope they don't go QB unless either Goff or Lynch just blow up at the combines. I think Goff could be good but I'm not sold on either of them at all. Bosa would be awesome, and I bet he's there because I think Tennessee grabs Tunsil. If they grab Bosa, and then can get Mike Thomas with the first pick of the 2nd round, I'd consider this draft a success.

Of Bosa and Tunsil, I'd be very pleased with taking whomever Tennessee passes on. We might try to eek another year out of the QBs we currently have and take a guy like Conner Cook in the later rounds if neither Goff nor Lynch rate high enough for that #2 overall pick.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of Bosa and Tunsil, I'd be very pleased with taking whomever Tennessee passes on. We might try to eek another year out of the QBs we currently have and take a guy like Conner Cook in the later rounds if neither Goff nor Lynch rate high enough for that #2 overall pick.
I'm growing less fond of Cook as a prospect as time goes by. He has serious bust potential, more than almost any other QB in the draft IMO. Now if he fell to the 3rd, ok.

I really hope they don't draft Tunsil unless we plan on not running much at all. He's a great pass blocker but not very strong in the run game. The good thing is this is a very top-heavy draft. I'd be thrilled with any of Bosa, Treadwell, Ramsey, even Myles Jack or A'Shawn Robinson.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats pretty much true of any QB in oakland:suds:

I don't know, this kid Carr looks really promising....If they are smart enough to continue building around him, he could be in the mix next year....
Hey, Carr and Cooper, kinda goes together....:idea:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Hue Jackson on becoming the next future ex-head coach of the Cleveland Browns.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand the Hue Jackson appeal at all. The Raiders fiasco where he contributed to setting that franchise back 5 years should have scared off owners for a little longer.

Actually Hue improved the offense when he joined. Defensively, no. But Oakland was just too greedy.