• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: David Carr deflated footballs in 2006; ballboys let air out to counter Denver's altitude

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a cop pulls you over for speeding and is only using his calibrated eyes are you going to fight the ticket?

:scratch: Are you retarded?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over, I've moved on until all the Brady Bashing. Which is worse Suh, Jerry Jones or Tom Brady? Suh said his foot was numb, Jerry Jones denied any football talk happened and Brady said he didn't know about it:

1. Suh could have gotten someone hurt.
2. Jerry Jones could have been guilty of a violation similar to the 1919 Black Sox scandal.
3. Brady has the footballs place on the yard marker by the officials every time (and they couldn't tell).

Which is worse?

You're over it but you are still bringing it up? All righty then

Sue, must have numb feet often, it's not like he only did shit like this once. He cold be charged with assault. What he did is worse than Brady or Jones.

Now if Jones did in fact pay off the ref's he and the ref's should be out of the game plain and simple. Letting a ref party on you bus is the worse thing here, it was bad decision and it looks bad, but unless you have proof a payoff occurred you are being slanderous.

As for Brady yes I'm giving Pats fans a lot a shit because he got caught and most on here are defending him as though nothing happened. I said a few times if he get no suspension I'd be good with it. I don't even know why there has to be a minimum PSI in the ball. It's a dumb rule but it is a rule.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you wish for. (-) Carroll all those other cheaters dealt with PEDs. With your logic Seattle woukd have to give their ONE Lombardi back wouldn't you think?

Yes, that's my point. Instead of barricading all the doors and combing all the testimony for even the tiniest shred of something that can be turned in to a defense for the Pats, perhaps they should just accept their fate and move on. Even in the highly unlikely scenario where the NFL rescinds all the punishments and says the Pats are innocent it won't matter one bit to the average fan of the NFL. Outside of some diehard Pats fans it seems pretty obvious what happened. If the Pats can get a verdict they like based on a technicality it won't change most people's minds.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's my point. Instead of barricading all the doors and combing all the testimony for even the tiniest shred of something that can be turned in to a defense for the Pats, perhaps they should just accept their fate and move on. Even in the highly unlikely scenario where the NFL rescinds all the punishments and says the Pats are innocent it won't matter one bit to the average fan of the NFL. Outside of some diehard Pats fans it seems pretty obvious what happened. If the Pats can get a verdict they like based on a technicality it won't change most people's minds.
That stereotype was there before Deflategate. So it's no big deal. What's funny is some of the uneducated fans like to say Pats cheated because the tuck rule was called. :doh:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're over it but you are still bringing it up? All righty then

Sue, must have numb feet often, it's not like he only did shit like this once. He cold be charged with assault. What he did is worse than Brady or Jones.

Now if Jones did in fact pay off the ref's he and the ref's should be out of the game plain and simple. Letting a ref party on you bus is the worse thing here, it was bad decision and it looks bad, but unless you have proof a payoff occurred you are being slanderous.

As for Brady yes I'm giving Pats fans a lot a shit because he got caught and most on here are defending him as though nothing happened. I said a few times if he get no suspension I'd be good with it. I don't even know why there has to be a minimum PSI in the ball. It's a dumb rule but it is a rule.

Just trying to protect Brady a little (only NE fans coming to his defense). This is a very minor issue, check the balls throughout the game.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That stereotype was there before Deflategate. So it's no big deal. What's funny is some of the uneducated fans like to say Pats cheated because the tuck rule was called. :doh:

Don't know how they can say the Pats cheated there. Even if the call was wrong it was made by the Refs, not the Pats.

That's not cheating its catching a break.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to protect Brady a little (only NE fans coming to his defense). This is a very minor issue, check the balls throughout the game.

Either the NFL has to provide all balls or let each QB play with the balls they want. PSI min/max is a dumb idea if each team has it's own balls.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either the NFL has to provide all balls or let each QB play with the balls they want. PSI min/max is a dumb idea if each team has it's own balls.

Each team has their own cleats too, but if you caught a team wearing longer ones on an icy field you would say they were cheating. I don't know why people want to paint this as "degrees" of cheating. As though it's ok to break some rules because they aren't really that important. If it's in the rule book and you get caught breaking the rule then accept your punishment. It's very simple really.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? You didn't understand the question, or do you think Ref's have calibrated hands?

1. any cop that admits he pulled me over for speeding based on a visual only is going to see me in court.

2. this issue arose from (among other things) the incompetence of Walt Anderson and his crew, IE; not using the calibrated equipment properly or not using it at all... pregame.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each team has their own cleats too, but if you caught a team wearing longer ones on an icy field you would say they were cheating. I don't know why people want to paint this as "degrees" of cheating. As though it's ok to break some rules because they aren't really that important. If it's in the rule book and you get caught breaking the rule then accept your punishment. It's very simple really.

No arguing here, stated it earlier they got caught breaking a rule. I think it's a dumb rule but it's still a rule.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if you caught a team wearing longer ones on an icy field you would say they were cheating.

There's a rule governing the length of the cleats on NFL player's shoes?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. any cop that admits he pulled me over for speeding based on a visual only is going to see me in court.

2. this issue arose from (among other things) the incompetence of Walt Anderson and his crew, IE; not using the calibrated equipment properly or not using it at all... pregame.

So now you agree with me after you called me retarded? Man your are FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you agree with me after you called me retarded? Man your are FUCKING BRILLIANT.

No and yes.

You should quit while you're behind, the public school system in TX didn't prepare you for this.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. I always figured that common sense and a mans ability (or not) to run on lengthy spikes dictated that no rule was necessary.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I always figured that common sense and a mans ability (or not) to run on lengthy spikes dictated that no rule was necessary.

It's the NFL. They have rules for everything right down to the color of your socks.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the NFL. They have rules for everything right down to the color of your socks.

I know that, but I never thought of the "length of spike angle".

All the money spent on people enforcing "uniform" rules would have been better spent on hiring some league equipment managers that could take the ambiguity out of the game ball PSI issue.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that, but I never thought of the "length of spike angle".

All the money spent on people enforcing "uniform" rules would have been better spent on hiring some league equipment managers that could take the ambiguity out of the game ball PSI issue.

Perhaps, but I think for some of the minor stuff the league expects the honor system to kick in the way it does in golf. Even so, the league did check the psi of the footballs before the game and said they were within the right limits. How often should they be checking? They checked before the game and again at half-time and found a problem.

As for the cleat issue. I found this and decided to paste it here. Just to show how crazy the league is about the minutia of what goes on on the field.

"Improper Cleats
(e) Shoe cleats made of aluminum or other material that may chip, fracture, or develop a cutting edge.
Conical cleats with concave sides or points which measure less than 3/8-inch in diameter at the tips,
or cleats with oblong ends which measure less than 1/4 by 3/4-inch at the end tips are also prohibited.
Nylon cleats with flat steel tips are permitted."

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If nothing else this past week has shown us how many homers are out there.
Now all kind of fans are trying to throwout the degree of cheating excuses.