• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: David Carr deflated footballs in 2006; ballboys let air out to counter Denver's altitude

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Rocky, Will Brady win his appeal?
i think so.

i think goodell and vincent know they way overreached to compensate for the year the NFL has had.

1-2 games for brady, tops. maybe none.

kraft said he cant comment and my guess is because theres back room deals being made.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem with deflate-gate is the way it was handled by the patriots. Brady should have done the right thing and apologized for cheating instead of lying. .

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem with deflate-gate is the way it was handled by the patriots. Brady should have done the right thing and apologized for cheating instead of lying. .
100% no doubt

but again, for every "bradys a cheater" there are 15 david carr or brad johnson stories that got swept under the rug at the time.

how about jeff blake saying he always had his deflated pre game?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady new his balls were deflated. He handles his balls all the time.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that much of what godell does is lip service. Brady is going to sue and get his ban reduced or eliminated. The fine and loss of draft picks probably another story.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that much of what godell does is lip service. Brady is going to sue and get his ban reduced or eliminated. The fine and loss of draft picks probably another story.
kraft may sue too

its gonna get ugly, i keep telling everyone.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of the problem? That's like 90% of the problem if you ask me.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% no doubt

but again, for every "bradys a cheater" there are 15 david carr or brad johnson stories that got swept under the rug at the time.

how about jeff blake saying he always had his deflated pre game?

There are numerous instances of crowd noise being pumped into indoor stadiums. That didn't stop Blank from taking responsibility and admitting what they did was wrong.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are numerous instances of crowd noise being pumped into indoor stadiums. That didn't stop Blank from taking responsibility and admitting what they did was wrong.
and what about indy?

colts fake crowd noise - Google Search

not a peep

thus, my point. for every team or player "caught" there are 15 who are not.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that went completely over your head. Not surprised...
no, it didnt.

my reply went over yours.

im pretty smart, i have to be for my line of work.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying since they let these horrible people play they should simply ignore all the lesser violations?

Does it matter that those players are being suspended before being allowed to play. Some are suspended without being convicted in a court of law.

How do you feel about convicted felons, who served their time, getting jobs after their release? Should these guys never be allowed to work any job?

beating your wife is MUCH worse than MAYBE deflating a ball .5/1 psi. Yet the suspension is longer... How does that help the "integrity of the game?" You're ok with Brady NOT being convicted in a court and getting suspended for 4 games... So you can't use the argument here at all.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, Goodell is all about the "integrity" of the league. Last time I checked having murderers and wife beaters still in the league slaps integrity in the face pretty hard!
False

We have become a politically correct society looking for reasons to hate people for being people. We have decided we have to boycott businesses and high profile entities for offending our sensibilities for things they have done entirely not related to their jobs.

Fine. If you want to join the namby pamby sheep that follow the PC mantra, so be it.

I'd prefer to judge athletes by what they do on the field/court more than off. And before you try the BS strawman crap, no I'm not saying lets let every murderer get on an NFL team. I'm saying the integrity (to use your words) of what they do at work holds more weight.

I don't think Ray Rice should be out of the league. Hardy is a complete fuck stick, but he should be in jail where there is no decision to be made about playing football. That's the problem with our fucked up justice system, not the NFL.

I'm sick and fucking tired of you Patriot apologists and blind defenders trying to make this about everything else but what it is. Do we want to accept people who directly cheat in the games, lie about cheating, and interfere with the process of looking into cheating?

Goodell is responsible for the image of the league. Allowing the appearance of cheating to be minor is really not good for that image. Far far more so than which wife beater is playing on what team. If you don't see this you have your head buried in the sand.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think so.

i think goodell and vincent know they way overreached to compensate for the year the NFL has had.

1-2 games for brady, tops. maybe none.

kraft said he cant comment and my guess is because theres back room deals being made.
Dropping to 2 games isn't winning the appeal, it's a compromise. You can't claim a win with more than zero games suspension.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropping to 2 games isn't winning the appeal, it's a compromise. You can't claim a win with more than zero games suspension.
yup, and i dont think i said its "winning". ive said that about other players appeals. winning is having it eliminated...

i did reply to his question as "i think so" but didnt feel i need to clarify that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False

We have become a politically correct society looking for reasons to hate people for being people. We have decided we have to boycott businesses and high profile entities for offending our sensibilities for things they have done entirely not related to their jobs.

Fine. If you want to join the namby pamby sheep that follow the PC mantra, so be it.

I'd prefer to judge athletes by what they do on the field/court more than off. And before you try the BS strawman crap, no I'm not saying lets let every murderer get on an NFL team. I'm saying the integrity (to use your words) of what they do at work holds more weight.

I don't think Ray Rice should be out of the league. Hardy is a complete fuck stick, but he should be in jail where there is no decision to be made about playing football. That's the problem with our fucked up justice system, not the NFL.

I'm sick and fucking tired of you Patriot apologists and blind defenders trying to make this about everything else but what it is. Do we want to accept people who directly cheat in the games, lie about cheating, and interfere with the process of looking into cheating?

Goodell is responsible for the image of the league. Allowing the appearance of cheating to be minor is really not good for that image. Far far more so than which wife beater is playing on what team. If you don't see this you have your head buried in the sand.

First off, really? You think I am blind to what the Patriots did? Absolutely NOT
Second - Goodell keeps on talking about "integrity" but yet deflating a football (again more so for lying) gets a bigger suspension than actually beating the crap out of someone? Really good intergrity to keep people like that in the league.... Especially when the league is trying to do a lot for Domestic Violence... Which that is the slap in the face
Third - I'm NOT defending anyone here
Fourth - Never said Rice should be out of the league

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beating your wife is MUCH worse than MAYBE deflating a ball .5/1 psi. Yet the suspension is longer... How does that help the "integrity of the game?" You're ok with Brady NOT being convicted in a court and getting suspended for 4 games... So you can't use the argument here at all.

The suspensions for assault is no longer shorter than 4 games. Those rules have left the building.

As for being OK for Brady not being suspended without a court conviction. I'm pretty sure under inflated ball is not against civil law, it's a NFL rule violation giving the NFL full authority on the punishment.

Now back to the assaults. If a person is charged tried and found NOT GUILTY how is it the NFL can still punish him?

I know if my business fired me for assault and I'm not guilty I'm suing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspensions for assault is no longer shorter than 4 games. Those rules have left the building.

As for being OK for Brady not being suspended without a court conviction. I'm pretty sure under inflated ball is not against civil law, it's a NFL rule violation giving the NFL full authority on the punishment.

Now back to the assaults. If a person is charged tried and found NOT GUILTY how is it the NFL can still punish him?

I know if my business fired me for assault and I'm not guilty I'm suing.

True.. However that's not how the nfl works they punish people all the time for hey have been aquitted for