• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Braves @ M's for 3

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Julio would go to that right center gap, but off the bat, how the hell did that ball get to the wall?!
inside out swing on a ball that jammed him a little. That puts a lot of side spin on the ball when it leaves the bat ( especially at 100+ mph )
It hit the outfield grass and like a billiards cue ball had spin english on it that it shot off away from the center fielder that was attempting to cut it off before it got by him. The CF was fooled by the erratic spin and took the wrong path to cut it off and it shot by him all the way to the wall.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really no excuse to continue playing Winker over Haggerty at this point.
Agree completely.

Winker needs perma benched if Haggerty is 100% healthy.

I would go:

Julio
Haggerty
Haniger
Suarez
Raleigh
France

for my top 6 nightly

France has fallen off big time with base knocks and rbi's
Haniger is in a slump as well the past 7-10 days it seems

Both France and Haniger swinging at alot of pitches that are no where near strikes, even when they are ahead in the count. i don't get it ?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haniger batting .115 his last 7 games
Haniger batting .194 his last 15 games

France batting .161 his last 7 games

Those are unacceptable numbers for your #2 #3 hitters
I looked up hitting as a team, and probably because those two guys, our hitting is at its worst.

Sept. - .213 (worst month)
Aug.- .221 (2nd worst month)

Best month was May at .243.

In Wins - .261
In Losses - .188

Hitting may actually matter.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio with 2 strikes: .162

When ahead in count: .350
Even count: .258
Behind in count: .235

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he doesn't get in trouble for this.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio with 2 strikes: .162

When ahead in count: .350
Even count: .258
Behind in count: .235
Last nites game Julio on 1st pitches:

3 times he took a 1st pitch fastball for a strike w/ no swing or even attempt to swing - full 100% take a pitch. One of them was absolute middle middle. The other 2 were top of the zone and out over the plate in his wheelhouse. Took all 3 and went down 0-1 in each at bat. STUPID

1 time he swung and missed 1st pitch on a curve ball outside off the plate completely fooled and off balance trying to reach it.

WTF over ?? Get your hacks in Julio, you see a 1st pitch fastball you like come out of your socks trying to hit it over the fence.

later in the at bat if you get 2 strikes against you just try to hit a pitch hard in play and hope for the best ( no HR swing - just protect the zone with a good level hard contact swing )

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims "Not a chance!" of Julio getting caught stealing as Julio gets caught stealing heh.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watches strike 3 right over the middle of the plate.

Wanker needs to go
Nothing this year has shown me he is going to improve, but for some reason I still have (some) faith he'll come around.

It just makes no sense to me that a guy who never had an OPS below .830 somehow has an OPS of .695 this year when he's only 29, hasn't been hurt and wasn't a product of his home stadium.

Anyone have any idea why he has been this bad? It makes no sense to me. Could the Mariners coaching really have caused him to regress like this? If anyone has any good lookoutlanding articles or fangraphs as to why this has happened, please send it my way.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked up hitting as a team, and probably because those two guys, our hitting is at its worst.

Sept. - .213 (worst month)
Aug.- .221 (2nd worst month)

Best month was May at .243.

In Wins - .261
In Losses - .188

Hitting may actually matter.
I'm still on all on board the Ty France train, but we've seen this before. He has some sort of wrist or arm injury and continues to play through it and struggles through it. I know we can't afford to lose him, but if he hits like this while he's hurt, he needs to go on the 10 day IL IMO.

I think the Mariners haven't put him on the IL because they don't think that there is anyone who can hit better than him even while he struggles.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if this is a hot take but here it goes:

I actually think George Kirby has the best stuff in this rotation. I think right now you could make a compelling argument that the Mariners will have the best rotation in MLB going into 2022 as Kirby and Gilbert continue to get better.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watches strike 3 right over the middle of the plate.

Wanker needs to go

I 100% hope they trade him in the offseason. Doesn't hit for power, doesn't hit for average, not clutch, bad fielder, guy is a negative for the team. I'm really glad they also got Suarez in the deal, that trade would be pretty hard to stomach right now otherwise.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if this is a hot take but here it goes:

I actually think George Kirby has the best stuff in this rotation. I think right now you could make a compelling argument that the Mariners will have the best rotation in MLB going into 2022 as Kirby and Gilbert continue to get better.
He does have great stuff. Maybe the best.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on all on board the Ty France train, but we've seen this before. He has some sort of wrist or arm injury and continues to play through it and struggles through it. I know we can't afford to lose him, but if he hits like this while he's hurt, he needs to go on the 10 day IL IMO.

I think the Mariners haven't put him on the IL because they don't think that there is anyone who can hit better than him even while he struggles.
Or he isn't hurt and just stinks late in the season each year? Not sure how an injury gets you to chase pitches a foot outside and in the dirt. Hope I am wrong.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts my eyes to watch him 'arm swing' every single time he takes a hack at a ball.

It's like he is trying to save himself to play ball into his mid 40's or something. Just his over-all play is so uninspiring. He appears to never go full out 100% on any play or running the bases or anything. It's as if he is stuck in pregame warm up mode or something.

And it's not because of his smaller size / stature. There are a bunch of smaller sized big leaguers that are full of piss and vinegar and play like it.

Frazier needs to have 'meh' on the back of his jersey.

added note*

Looks like Tampa will finally lose a game today, the Yankees hung a 7 spot on them in the 1st inning
From a few years back:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have great stuff. Maybe the best.
His fastball has so much movement I don't even know if it's a breaking pitch or a fastball. It looks like it's coming in outside the zone then breaks inside. Shit I don't even know if that is a fastball.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing this year has shown me he is going to improve, but for some reason I still have (some) faith he'll come around.

It just makes no sense to me that a guy who never had an OPS below .830 somehow has an OPS of .695 this year when he's only 29, hasn't been hurt and wasn't a product of his home stadium.

Anyone have any idea why he has been this bad? It makes no sense to me. Could the Mariners coaching really have caused him to regress like this? If anyone has any good lookoutlanding articles or fangraphs as to why this has happened, please send it my way.
He looks disinterested. Maybe it's how he normally is, but it doesn't look like he's having fun nor really one of the guys. Homesick? Just not a fit? Doesn't get along with management? Something just looks off.