• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Braves @ M's for 3

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone quit being an M's fan after the top of the 9th, just to come back after the bottom of the 9th?

Just checking.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I haven't seen a Haniger hitting update in weeks showing how he was predicted by one man to be the deadline bat we needed. :dhd:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone quit being an M's fan after the top of the 9th, just to come back after the bottom of the 9th?

Just checking.
Insane finish! Giving up 5 runs in the ninth was devastating, but man, no quit in these guys ..

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I haven't seen a Haniger hitting update in weeks showing how he was predicted by one man to be the deadline bat we needed. :dhd:
Haniger needs to quit swinging at balls that are well below the strike zone or low and away.

France needs to quit waving at off speed pitches 4-5 inches outside the strike zone. And also needs to quit hacking a balls up in the zone, he is popping out way too much ( not drives to the outfield ) weakass pop up infield balls some foul territory and some very shallow outfield.
He just is not hitting any squared up line drives these past few weeks.

If we can make the playoffs with him out of the lineup and resting to get better ( wrist? ) it needs to happen as this version of Ty France ain't gonna help us post season.

Haniger is just in a slump, appears healthy. Just not hitting HR's like a few weeks ago and striking out an awful lot with a pathetic below Mendoza line avg.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just checking.
quit being a fan? lol What does that even mean? You think someone would change teams or stop following a team that appears to finally be over the playoff drought because of any loss, or this case just a deficit? And then change their mind after the comeback? Kind of a weird buzz kill attempt.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone believing it now?

I mean it's ours to lose. Everyone outside of San Diego remainder of schedule is either below average (Angels) or HORRIBLE (As twice, Tigers, Rangers, Royals).

Toronto and the Rays have like 11 games against each other left so they're going to beat themselves up pretty good... and the other opponents on their schedule aren't much easier (Balti, BoSox, Astros, etc.). I really hope we don't lose the series to the As... they always seem to have our #. Maybe we wont pitch down the middle to fuckin' Trout this time?

It's be pretty pathetic at this point if we didn't make it. We'd have to shit the bed against a bunch of shitty teams. Hopefully we take at least 1 from the Padres.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just checking.

I wasn't watching it live to start with, but I kept Gamecast up after we went to the bottom of the 9th and kept flipping back and forth with that and the NFL games. Game isn't over till' it's over... but I did not expect us to win after we derailed in the top of the 9th. I saw the Julio HR (commented here so there's proof I didn't give up) and was like, "TIED yes!" and then went back to an NFL game and checked back real quick and was like, "HOLY fuck kidding me!?"

I often do this thing where I'll minimize a game that seems hopeless (whether Seahawks, Mariners, whatever) and then be like, "Eh this is over...." but then I kind of keep opening it back up and checking, LOL. I can't just LEAVE until it's over. If I'm watching with someone I obviously sit there until it's over. Not going to be a dick and spoil it for someone else. That said, I rarely if ever miss a comeback.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's ours to lose. Everyone outside of San Diego remainder of schedule is either below average (Angels) or HORRIBLE (As twice, Tigers, Rangers, Royals).

Toronto and the Rays have like 11 games against each other left so they're going to beat themselves up pretty good... and the other opponents on their schedule aren't much easier (Balti, BoSox, Astros, etc.).

It's be pretty pathetic at this point if we didn't make it. We'd have to shit the bed against a bunch of shitty teams. Hopefully we take at least 1 from the Padres.
Basically all 3 of the current WC holders are at least 97% with Baltimore having less than 2%.

The only real battle in the AL is for the central division and whoever doesn't take it is out. That's a hot race.

The 3 WC are pretty much battling for seed at this point.

I actually fear the ease of the end schedule. Makes kicking back into high gear a bit more scary for the ALWCS

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically all 3 of the current WC holders are at least 97% with Baltimore having less than 2%.

The only real battle in the AL is for the central division and whoever doesn't take it is out. That's a hot race.

The 3 WC are pretty much battling for seed at this point.

I actually fear the ease of the end schedule. Makes kicking back into high gear a bit more scary for the ALWCS

Oh fuck I forgot there were 3 wild card spots now...

So it was 2 last year.... 1 game WC series, then the usual format.

How does it work now? WC3 plays DW3 and then WC2 plays WC1? DW1/2 get a bye?

Edit: New MLB postseason format, explained

Just answered my own question and what I assumed was correct. A little similar to NFL. I hope we at least get the 5th seed then. I don't want to end our playoff drought because the MLB expanded the playoff teams.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't watching it live to start with, but I kept Gamecast up after we went to the bottom of the 9th and kept flipping back and forth with that and the NFL games. Game isn't over till' it's over... but I did not expect us to win after we derailed in the top of the 9th. I saw the Julio HR (commented here so there's proof I didn't give up) and was like, "TIED yes!" and then went back to an NFL game and checked back real quick and was like, "HOLY fuck kidding me!?"

I often do this thing where I'll minimize a game that seems hopeless (whether Seahawks, Mariners, whatever) and then be like, "Eh we lose...." but then I kind of keep opening it back up and checking, LOL. I can't just LEAVE until it's over.
Been a few of those this year. This one felt a bit sweeter because it was the braves.

Whole family watched it from our kitchen as we started dinner. Lots of screaming. Seemed to make the food taste better. :-)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck I forgot there were 3 wild card spots now...

So it was 2 last year.... 1 game WC series, then the usual format.

How does it work now? WC3 plays DW3 and then WC2 plays WC1? DW1/2 get a bye?
1 and 2 get a bye (Houston/Yanks). 3 hosts 6 (central winner and lowest WC). 4 hosts 5 (highest WC and second highest)

The kicker is, it's a best of 3 and ALL 3 ARE PLAYED AT HIGHER SEED, no road games. So 4 is the only WC that gets home games in that round.

ALDS goes to best of 5 (1 hosts winner 4/5 and 2 hosts winner of 3/6) and those of course get home/road games.

Nothing different about the ALDS or ALCS which is still best of 7.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seed order is going to matter very much. I'd prefer M's take 4 so we get home games for the fans, but I'd rather face TB because we all know Toronto would pack the shit out of T mobile with their fans from BC. That shit SUCKS in the regular season, it would be infuriating for the playoffs.

Toronto getting 4 would also be bad as we don't know if Ray has gotten the vaccine yet and wouldn't be allowed into Canada if he hasn't. Since there aren't road games in that series, that would mean no Ray at all for that series.

Basically Toronto just fucks everything up all around.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 and 2 get a bye (Houston/Yanks). 3 hosts 6 (central winner and lowest WC). 4 hosts 5 (highest WC and second highest)

The kicker is, it's a best of 3 and ALL 3 ARE PLAYED AT HIGHER SEED, no road games. So 4 is the only WC that gets home games in that round.

ALDS goes to best of 5 (1 hosts winner 4/5 and 2 hosts winner of 3/6) and those of course get home/road games.

Nothing different about the ALDS or ALCS which is still best of 7.

Yep, sure you didn't see but found the article and edited my post, but thanks for responding and I did not read/know that the top WC gets the home games and there is no back and forth between stadiums. If I understood you, 5/6 are on the road the whole time, and 3/4 are at home the whole time - regardless of wins/losses.

That makes getting #4 really important IMO.

Edit: Just saw your point about Toronto too, that's an interesting take. It would be nice to see us claim #4 though just because we've broken the worst playoff drought in US major sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) 100% legit. It didn't take the change in recent playoff rules to get us in.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, sure you didn't see but found the article and edited my post, but thanks for responding and I did not read/know that the top WC gets the home games and there is no back and forth between stadiums. If I understood you, 5/6 are on the road the whole time, and 3/4 are at home the whole time - regardless of wins/losses.

That makes getting #4 really important IMO.
Some up here argue getting the 6 would be preferable because going on to face the yankees in round 2 is better than Houston in their opinion and of course you would get home games in that series.

I'd still rather go 4 seed and take my chances with Houston in best of 5 instead of best of 7 after Yankees.

But all of that is pie in the sky right? Get there and give the fans some joy. Get some home games and see what happens.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude is forfeiting nearly 200k salary for the year not getting vaccine and hurting his team in a playoff hunt.

Ray could do the same to the M's in the playoffs.

Fuck Canada. That is all.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude is forfeiting nearly 200k salary for the year not getting vaccine and hurting his team in a playoff hunt.

Ray could do the same to the M's in the playoffs.

Fuck Canada. That is all.
Who you talking about? Your link is to the game from yesterday... I'm gonna take a stab and say Whit Merrifield?