• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady would have scored at least 1 point

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best 1st half of any game ever. How happy is Avril right now?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the hate people hate toward Avril and how he was a one trick pony -- He looked damn good for Seattle tonight and was responsible for at least one TD and could have been given credit for another INT forced.

Congrats to him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still plays in front of the best secondary in football. Ansah would have had 20 sacks if he was in that situation. Still Cliff played well this year and Seattle got a deal on him that we could not get. It was meant to be. That's just business.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the hate people hate toward Avril and how he was a one trick pony -- He looked damn good for Seattle tonight and was responsible for at least one TD and could have been given credit for another INT forced.

Congrats to him.

Avril looked bigger tonight than he did with Detroit. He made some tackles on running backs tonight. I didn't recognize him as the Cliff Avril we knew.

He was a one trick pony with Detroit. Maybe it was scheme. Maybe it was training. Maybe Seattle's good system and deep talent made Avril a complete player this season.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady would of gotten smacked too.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a one trick pony with Detroit. Maybe it was scheme. Maybe it was training. Maybe Seattle's good system and deep talent made Avril a complete player this season.

I am guessing it is more of the system Detroit ran, compared to what Seattle runs. On Detroit, he was lined up way outside and relied solely on his speed.

Last night was the 1st game I've really watched Seattle play a full game all year and Avril was in the backfield all night long and he used a bunch of different moves to get there -- From the Detroit move of beating them with his speed, to bullrushing, to beating his man on an inside move.

Either Seattle developed Avril's pass rushing moves more in a single than season than Detroit did in 4 years or he was asked to do one thing for Detroit because of their scheme.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still plays in front of the best secondary in football. Ansah would have had 20 sacks if he was in that situation

When he was on Detroit, he got sacks because of the DL he played on. Now he is on Seattle and it is only because of their secondary that he gets pressure.

I hate to say it, but Denver rarely threw the ball downfield and many of the routes were short, intermediate one's and Avril was still in the backfield all game. That is why Manning set the record for completions in a super bowl, yet the team only scored one touchdown.

I was never a huge Avril fan, but he was unbelievable for Seattle last night.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril looks better with Richard Sherman behind him.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was on Detroit, he got sacks because of the DL he played on. Now he is on Seattle and it is only because of their secondary that he gets pressure.

I hate to say it, but Denver rarely threw the ball downfield and many of the routes were short, intermediate one's and Avril was still in the backfield all game. That is why Manning set the record for completions in a super bowl, yet the team only scored one touchdown.

I was never a huge Avril fan, but he was unbelievable for Seattle last night.

Manning's arm was exposed. He lacks the strength to stretch the field like he did in past years. To be able to thread the needle 20-25 yards down the field you need Stafford/Cutler like arm strength. Seattle's DBs were to good to throw touch passes in the intermediate zone.

Sherman even said as much last week when he said Manning threw ducks. I think Seattle built a game plan around Manning not being able to stretch the field and put the ball into tight windows.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston looks better with Suh infront of him.....That's not saying much but it works both ways.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston looks better with Suh infront of him.....That's not saying much but it works both ways.

I could have used a few more Seahawks as examples. That was the best defense I have seen since the Bears won under Ditka. No team has that type of defense and if Avril was not in the game and say Idonaji was the outcome is the same.

Without Suh the Lions are not nearly as good on defense.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
much more important to avril's impact on the seahawks was a stat that came out in the build up.
the stat being that seattle ranked like 24th in rush defense on plays that were ran to the right.

yes he bulked up and made good plays last night but week in and week out he was still the same liability in the rush defense that would have messed up the 3rd and shorts we forced. ziggy makes avril look like a 3 star high school kid and i am more than happy to rotate willie and jason jones when he comes back in avril's spot.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Detroit Avril was almost a every down player, Seattle only lets that guy in the game on passing downs....That's the difference......He isn't a DE, he's a specialty player that can be used when Pete Carroll deems fit on long passing downs......The Lions used him every down thinking he was a DE.......Seattle had success with him, Detroit didn't.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
much more important to avril's impact on the seahawks was a stat that came out in the build up.
the stat being that seattle ranked like 24th in rush defense on plays that were ran to the right.

yes he bulked up and made good plays last night but week in and week out he was still the same liability in the rush defense that would have messed up the 3rd and shorts we forced. ziggy makes avril look like a 3 star high school kid and i am more than happy to rotate willie and jason jones when he comes back in avril's spot.

Let me preface by saying I love Ansah and he performed much better than I expected him to. That being said -- His tackle stats were basically identical to what Avril put up in Detroit, so it isn't as if Ansah was a tackling machine against the run for Detroit.

The reason for the Lions upgrade against the rush was more the play of the LBs, who played extremely well for Detroit this year and the push up the middle by the DT position (Suh was unbelievable this year)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions used him every down thinking he was a DE.......Seattle had success with him, Detroit didn't.

Avril had success with Detroit -- the back 7 on Detroit and Seattle are slightly different though. Seattle's back 7 is one of the best of all time. Detroit's back 7 wasn't very good in Avril's years in Detroit.

I couldn't believe how the Seahawks swarmed to the ball. Their safeties were all over the field. Even little dink passes, the WR was being hit almost immediately after catching the ball. It was quite impressive to watch.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril wanted to paid as an every down DE.

It was only when he ran out of options he took the Seahawks offer of a 2 and 3rd down DE.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters must stop comparing Avril to Ansah they play different positions. Had Avril re-signed they still would have drafted Ziggy to play RE because Avril plays left end.

Jason Jones replaced Avril, not Ansah.