• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Gives His MVP Chevrolet Colorado to Butler :)

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise to me that you are just as dumb on the NFL forum as you are on the college forum.

It's not about the item, it's not about the value of the item, it's about the gesture and what it says you fool.

That is what I AM SAYING, dunce.

That he appreciates his team mates is the good thing... the giving away of a BONUS trinket [to him] is not note worthy.

fuck. do you even English?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I AM SAYING, dunce.

That he appreciates his team mates is the good thing... the giving away of a BONUS trinket [to him] is not note worthy.

fuck. do you even English?
:L

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice move from Brady.

Personally, I think that he should give him the MVP award itself also. Butler played a pretty damn good game even before the pick.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remembered something. Not sure if it's correct, but I think Brady gave one of his previous MVP cars aware to charity, and there was some kind of "no good deed goes unpunished" lawsuit as a result.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus this ElTexan guy is like shit on velcro... It doesn't belong but impossible to remove

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remembered something. Not sure if it's correct, but I think Brady gave one of his previous MVP cars aware to charity, and there was some kind of "no good deed goes unpunished" lawsuit as a result.

You're correct. He gave the Cadillac to a charity in Boston. He was sued by a charity that he was associated with during the season for not "recognizing" them. Kraft stepped forward and gave them a vehicle (Van) to make them go away. I'm sorry but I don't remember the charities involved.

Today, most Patriots are associated with Kraft Foundation charities. It keeps records of all player activities and sponsorships and prevents them from getting involved with charities that really don't do much more than pay executives huge salaries.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeesshhhh...I guess I have another reason not to hate him....:L

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice gesture by Brady, but does anyone here REALLY think Tom was EVER going to drive that piece of shit mid-sized truck? It is embarrasing that Chevy gave that truck away as the award for winning the MVP in the first place. I get that they are really trying to promote the Colorado right now, but remember when the MVP used to get a Cadillac or Corvette or some other nice car/truck? :L

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on TV as he was being awarded his first MVP car, he expressed embarrassment at being singled out and said it should be regarded as a "team car".

In some ways the guy hasn't changed.

Well in that case,i wonder if he made 56 keys and gave them to player and coach on the team.....

is the vehicle staying at Gillette Stadium?

I`m betting he took it home........

And a better man would have handed butler the trophy......

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady originally tossed the keys to Ricardo Lockette to console Lockette on the tough loss, but Malcolm Butler jumped the route. :whistle:

That's cold!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying this is not a sign of class. :L

Not really........What did you think he was suppose to do and say when butler took the ball away?

That's ne better than Sherman coming over to shake hands with tom after the game.

Sherman only did that to save face.

if Tom wanted Butler to be MVP,he should have given up the trophy.........sorry but true.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really........What did you think he was suppose to do and say when butler took the ball away?

That's ne better than Sherman coming over to shake hands with tom after the game.

Sherman only did that to save face.

if Tom wanted Butler to be MVP,he should have given up the trophy.........sorry but true.

:L:doh:

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a multi multi multi millionaire giving away an BONUS 40k car is not any sign on "class."
And if he kept it you would have called him a selfish prick that should have given the truck to Butler. :doh:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people really don't "English good n stuff. "

Brady is s class act and shows it with his words and demeanor.

What I am saying is him being tossed the keys to a bonus suv and him tossing them right over to butler isn't really a note worthy example of his class cuz it's just a bonus trinket.

Please learn to read and understand plain English.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Doesn't matter what your salary is... It's definitely a sign of "class"

I think its a great showing of leadership, sportsmanship, etc. Doesn't matter if it was a truck or a loaf of bread... The fact that it was an MVP award, he's acknowledging that Butler was a key piece to that victory.

True this.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it in question that Brady didn't think his team mates were important to the outcome of the game? No.

So, that's a stupid comeback.

You're talking about a BONUS car... it means nothing to Brady.

So, giving it away means nothing.

Does he acknowledge his team mates? Yes. Good.

Giving away the car is nothing, and not worthy of note.

how do you know that truck ment nothing to brady ? did you talk to him perhaps and say hey tom you dont need a pos chevy give it to the kid that got the game winning interception ?