• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boys pregame thanksgiving

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect the Commanders to get blown out by a far superior team.

Thus, they probably win, continuing to cement RR's legacy as a team that can't win for losing (or lose for winning).

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, there are really only two possible outcomes:

1. We get blown out. This SHOULD happen, because the Cowboys are good and have an actual coaching staff, and the Commanders are bad and do not have an actual coaching staff. I doubt the Commanders don't score at all, but I can't rule it out. Admittedly, getting shut out WOULD serve the prevailing narrative - after getting embarrassed at home to a team that is 1-8 vs the rest of the NFL and starting an undrafted rookie qb, the Commanders next serve up a goose egg on national tv - but I can't guarantee that this happens.

2. The Commanders eek out a win, perhaps as much to do with Cowboys mistakes as anything else.

If I had to guess, I'm banking on a win because they sholdnt and because the cowboys might make mistakes, and because I think Howell is the answer at qb.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am full tank mode moving forward.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, there are really only two possible outcomes:

1. We get blown out. This SHOULD happen, because the Cowboys are good and have an actual coaching staff, and the Commanders are bad and do not have an actual coaching staff. I doubt the Commanders don't score at all, but I can't rule it out. Admittedly, getting shut out WOULD serve the prevailing narrative - after getting embarrassed at home to a team that is 1-8 vs the rest of the NFL and starting an undrafted rookie qb, the Commanders next serve up a goose egg on national tv - but I can't guarantee that this happens.

2. The Commanders eek out a win, perhaps as much to do with Cowboys mistakes as anything else.

If I had to guess, I'm banking on a win because they sholdnt and because the cowboys might make mistakes, and because I think Howell is the answer at qb.
Have an actual coaching staff...

That was funny my friend.

What pissed me off yesterday was DeVito was on the sideline laughing it up like it was a high school game.

I am guessing DeVito is their Heinicke? Feel good story about never giving up on your dreams. Kinda like a bad
Disney movie.

10 bucks says magic had to be restrained from walking down to the locker room and canning Rivera.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If new ownership valued the $ just spent to purchase the team and had any kind of balls (ala Mark Davis), after yesterday's embarrassing loss these guys would have been chit canned this am. A clear message to the fan base would have been appreciated. New ownership is going to chit can them anyways, why wait? Plus, firing Ron (who does nothing on Sunday's) and Jack (who's defense routinely gives up 30 pts each week) really matter? We won't be any worse and if we are, it only improves our draft position. Pull the cord Harris!!!

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If new ownership valued the $ just spent to purchase the team and had any kind of balls (ala Mark Davis), after yesterday's embarrassing loss these guys would have been chit canned this am. A clear message to the fan base would have been appreciated. New ownership is going to chit can them anyways, why wait? Plus, firing Ron (who does nothing on Sunday's) and Jack (who's defense routinely gives up 30 pts each week) really matter? We won't be any worse and if we are, it only improves our draft position. Pull the cord Harris!!!
Funny you say that.

Got a buddy who was a raiders fan and called me up after the McDaniels firing. He was elated and bouncing off the walls.

I am not saying harris should fire Rivera in an unprofessional manner, but I think it sends a message of hope to the fanbase.

Just my 2 cents. I want to be excited about this team again

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Howell's passer rating in those same games...

5. Jalen Hurts, Week 4 (112.3) Howell 98.6

4. Tyrod Taylor, Week 7 (116.9) Howell 60.5

3. Justin Fields, Week 5 (125.3) Howell 99.1

2. Jalen Hurts, Week 8 (135.7) Howell 114

1. Tommy DeVito, Week 11 (137.7) Howell 62.7

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad look to fire a guy midway through your first season owning the team.

Makes you look impulsive, and not classy.

It’s a Snyder move, though Snyder in his later stages waitied until the end of the season (see: Bruce Allen, Dan Snyder hallway passing video).

RR is gone. But to look good for the new guys coming in is to do the classier thing and fire RR on Black Monday.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snyder would have fired rivera aftr the bear loss and made eb coach.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5. Jalen Hurts, Week 4 (112.3) Howell 98.6

4. Tyrod Taylor, Week 7 (116.9) Howell 60.5

3. Justin Fields, Week 5 (125.3) Howell 99.1

2. Jalen Hurts, Week 8 (135.7) Howell 114

1. Tommy DeVito, Week 11 (137.7) Howell 62.7
Sorry @Niner Outlaw, I didn't see the point in the post but thought that a comparison might be in order.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snyder would have fired rivera aftr the bear loss and made eb coach.
Bad look to fire a guy midway through your first season owning the team.

Makes you look impulsive, and not classy.

It’s a Snyder move, though Snyder in his later stages waitied until the end of the season (see: Bruce Allen, Dan Snyder hallway passing video).

RR is gone. But to look good for the new guys coming in is to do the classier thing and fire RR on Black Monday.
Perhaps some here may have thought that I was joking but the ONLY way that Rivera gets fired is if he wins another game. This team has to get off of the hampster wheel of mediocrity and with a new regime in place the best effort to that end is in gaining assets for future moves.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? You think Rivera will be fired after a WIN?!?!

No chance. RR and company get fired on Black Monday.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? You think Rivera will be fired after a WIN?!?!

No chance. RR and company get fired on Black Monday.
I said that he deserves to be fired if he wins another game. The long-term future of this franchise doesn't involve Ron Rivera, I'm pretty sure that we all agree on this, therefore if he does anything to hinder that future then yes, he deserves to be fired.

Btw; my original prediction was that he'd be dismissed during the break (bye week) 13 days from today. I won't contest your prediction (Black Monday) because it's a reasonable and legitimate one.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5. Jalen Hurts, Week 4 (112.3) Howell 98.6) EB ok

4. Tyrod Taylor, Week 7 (116.9) Howell 60.5) EB horrible

3. Justin Fields, Week 5 (125.3) Howell 99.1) EB horrible

2. Jalen Hurts, Week 8 (135.7) Howell 114) EB decent

1. Tommy DeVito, Week 11 (137.7) Howell 62.7) EB horrible
EBs game planning in those games

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EBs game planning in those games
The game-planning perspective is interesting in that it doesn't really do anything other than excuse the players' roles in on-field failures. I'm pretty sure that no coach ever, in the history of the game has ever intended his players to perform poorly, make mental mistakes, etc. If there's a way for us to look at performance within a game plan concerning this team it would be in concert with the known conflict with EB wanting to hold his guys accountable and to a standard vs Rivera and Del-Rio having a more relaxed acceptable attitude towards the players.

I believe we all witnessed this conflict when Rivera outted his players and himself with his response after they complained to him that EB was "working them too hard."