• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers pregame

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1703727619182.png

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am saying is at the college level Williams can’t carry a team just like Howell can’t carry a pro team ( yet if ever ) yet Williams is the next great one at 6-1 . You can’t say Howell has to carry a team on his back to be the answer and yet give passes to Williams and Daniel’s when they couldn’t either at the college level . I don’t want to spend a too 3 pick on those guys to have what I have right now . Both of those guys will be Bryce younged next year or closer to home Sam Howell Ed
Who expected Howell to carry the Skins? Talk about unrealistic expectations. Far as Williams being deemed the next great one. That's just how it goes. Sometimes those doing the deeming are right. Sometimes they're not. So now Williams n Daniels ain't shit cuz they didn't carry their college teams in your opinion.

By that criteria, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, John Elway n a gang of others shouldn't have did much in the pros. Whereas Matt Leinart, Johnny Manziel n others should've been mega-superstars.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am becoming more and more convinced that Rivera has no concept of what a quarterback is beyond the change that you get when breaking a dollar.
he decimated the OLine too

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who expected Howell to carry the Skins? Talk about unrealistic expectations. Far as Williams being deemed the next great one. That's just how it goes. Sometimes those doing the deeming are right. Sometimes they're not. So now Williams n Daniels ain't shit cuz they didn't carry their college teams in your opinion.

By that criteria, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, John Elway n a gang of others shouldn't have did much in the pros. Whereas Matt Leinart, Johnny Manziel n others should've been mega-superstars.
we have posters here that expect that very thing . if you say build the o/line and keep sam the answer is "he isnt the guy " why ? because he isnt the reason the team wins is the retort i.e he cant carry a team . 12-15qb in the NFL isnt good enough , why ? because you need an elite qb to win . what is elite ? a guy who can carry their teams . manning , luck elway carried their teams . being 7-5 in an air raid offense doesnt mean that translates to the NFL . mahomes is one that did , but hell that kid miller threw 6 tds for USC last night with 22 players not on the field for them but i cant have the opinion that williams isnt what you want ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I must admit that I didn't expect. I didn't expect Sam to play like complete n total dog shit this last month or so.
While I can't say that Howell is playing like "complete and total dog shit" I will say that I fully expected him to hit a wall as professional defenses learned more about him. I saw it early on and suggested that they start Brissett to give him a break and an opportunity to learn from a seasoned professional experienced veteran QB, possibly reset and put into play an answer to the adjustments defenses put up against him. On this board, it didn't go over well and apparently didn't rise to a level where Rivera and Co. seriously considered it.

It is interesting to note that while watching EB's presser today, he gave exactly those reasons why the move to replace Howell with Brissett is now being done. Well, it's too late! There are two games left in the year that has supposedly been all about developing Howell, and whatever heightened/sharpened skills or adjustments he makes will have to wait until next year to be worked on.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have posters here that expect that very thing . if you say build the o/line and keep sam the answer is "he isnt the guy " why ? because he isnt the reason the team wins is the retort i.e he cant carry a team . 12-15qb in the NFL isnt good enough , why ? because you need an elite qb to win . what is elite ? a guy who can carry their teams . manning , luck elway carried their teams . being 7-5 in an air raid offense doesnt mean that translates to the NFL . mahomes is one that did , but hell that kid miller threw 6 tds for USC last night with 22 players not on the field for them but i cant have the opinion that williams isnt what you want ?
While I cannot speak for anyone else, this is an interesting characterization/ retelling of positions posted on this subject. So, speaking ONLY for myself here's some clarity!

"Sam Howell isn't the guy" because...

1. He doesn't possess the necessary skills to make the current offensive players play above their NFL average statuses.
2. He requires next-level players around him to make him more effective as a QB.

Neither of those things have anything whatsoever to do with drafting an O-linemen with the first pick in the draft. We all know that the O-line must be addressed but when you haven't seriously addressed the most important position since 2012, it makes zero sense to continue doing what's failed you to date.

I also don't know who is calling Howell a 12-15 QB in this league but I'm hopeful that this too is not another retelling of what some posters have written. As for me, Howell's ceiling is somewhere between a 15/16 and 22nd ranking, and unless the intent is to exactly copy what the 49ers have done a 15-22 ranked QB isn't good enough.

Finally, I have written posts and will continue to support your right to suggest that Williams isn't all that he's being made out to be. It's all speculation until the test under fire becomes their reality. That said, when you've never had more than 2-3 elite/game-changing QBs in your 86-year-old history in Washington, the last being a one-hit wonder, and the one before him last having worn the uniform in 1974, well...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i have said before , purdy , hurts , goff and dak are going to a superbowl this year(one of them) and none of them make players around them play above their collective statuses and all need next level players to make them effective . that would make them good enough . and if they were to get beat , guess what ? they will be beaten by a lesser qb and that qb would be good enough

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i have said before , purdy , hurts , goff and dak are going to a superbowl this year(one of them) and none of them make players around them play above their collective statuses and all need next level players to make them effective . that would make them good enough . and if they were to get beat , guess what ? they will be beaten by a lesser qb and that qb would be good enough
correct sir and don't ever forget it's a team sport for all teams...some to a little less degree but team sport all the same.

Happy New Year