• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston: "Oh no, we suck again!"

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. It's a long shot scenario, but no starter stands out this season, Mariano is phenomenal, and voters see it as a lifetime achievement award

With that said, I know guys like Moore, Bucholz, Felix, Sale, have all been great, so my scenario isn't playing out well

The Hall Of Fame is a lifetime achievement award. Nobody thought Trevor Hoffman needed a CY on his mantel. Why should Mo have one? Because he's a Fraudkee*? Kni gga, please. Your last closer to win a CY was Gagne, and he was on roids.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's untrue..A's are 4th in the Majors in runs scored per game..

Not saying they can maintain...but to this point..They haven't been an easy out...

Raw run totals are deceptive. Consistency is what matters. The A's will score 15 one game, then 5 total in their next 4.

The Reds are the same way.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw run totals are deceptive. Consistency is what matters. The A's will score 15 one game, then 5 total in their next 4.

I know...

But the A's are 8th in OBP this year. To this point..

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that except for very extreme circumstances, relievers should not win Cy Youngs.... but when it comes to award season, what should happen and what does happen is very different

The closing job is so ridiculously over-glorified. Every year we see five or six guys come out of nowehere and become successful closer. And acouple more guys like Kevin Gregg pulled off of the scrap heap to become successful closer.

It's an over-rated job. The true heros of the bullpen are the 7th and 8th inning guys who far more often will come into the game with runners on base.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense Heat, I'll say it again, they can't pitch

That offense was always gonna come around, but there's always a cieling for a team that can't pitch

that's cool dirt. you have your opinion and you are entitled to that.

1. i know buehrle is not a 6 era pitcher even in the AL east. high 4's yes but 6 no way

2. dickey hasn't horrible nor has he been good. mediocre yes. and i know he is better than he is pitching now.

3. i believe in morrow. and feel he will take that next step this year. he has shown signs of it, just not as consistently as the jays needed early this yr.

4. as you stated the offense wasn't hitting and now it's starting to come around which now gives the pitchers more confidence that they don't need to be perfect every night.

you guys can believe what you want. but i haven't lost faith. will they win the 96 games i thought they would. not a chance but i do think they will go on a run. and when/if they do, they have the type of talent that can make up for all the ground they lost. like you and others have already admitted to, nobody has or will run away with this division which gives me more reason to believe

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The A's are actually extremely consistent. When you have guys up and down the lineup that work counts and consistently get on base, it's hard to go in prolonged slumps

The Jays are the poster boys for deceptive run totals (yes, they're even worse than the aggregates suggest)..... because they're really an all or nothing offense, it should come as little surprise that they'll put up 12 runs a couple of days after only sending 28 batters to the plate

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh so a few weeks ago they were dead last in runs
The yankees had more homers than the jays (Very Petelike)
But the jays arent getting better and things arent starting to normalize
Like i have been saying.. i will have the last laugh

Moron - you just proved your own point.
a few weeks ago the yankees lead the AL in HR's....now they don't.
They are now in First Place-kind of the goal of sports.

Also - how many "padded on" HR's did hte Jays hit yesterday - 6? But, in a close game they come up short.
But, if Normalizing is the Yankees 9.5 games up on the Jays, I am okay with NORMAL!!

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt, the offense isn't coming around, Heatwave's lying aside

They're 3rd from the bottom right now, ahead of only the Mariners and White Sox

That's pretty much where they've been the entire season.

They had a nice game yesterday. They're also 3 days removed from nearly being perfect-gamed by Lester

just about a week and a half ago you were saying how they were at the bottom of the league in offense. the yankees were ahead of them in homers. and now they are the bottom 3rd. but the offense isn't coming around. :bullshit:

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just about a week and a half ago you were saying how they were at the bottom of the league in offense. the yankees were ahead of them in homers. and now they are the bottom 3rd. but the offense isn't coming around. :bullshit:

Shhhh just allow this trainwreck run its course.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is there any doubt Toronto continues their rout of Boston sports teams tonight??

Last edited by a moderator:

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an over-rated job. The true heros of the bullpen are the 7th and 8th inning guys who far more often will come into the game with runners on base.

It's one of the reasons why Hoffman is one of the most over-jetered players in history. Not just compared to Mo.... compared to closers in general

Mariano doesn't do it anymore (mostly because Robertson is automatic in the 8th), but back in the day, when the likes of Farnsworth were the Yankees set-up men, he would have 10-20 appearances a year where he would come into the game in the 8th inning with runners on base. Other closers wouldn't do it as often as Mo, but the elite ones still came in once in a while to record 4 or 5 out saves

Hoffman NEVER got more than 3 outs. His last 250 saves or something along those lines were of the 3 out variety