• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston Celtics Roll Call

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, if you reviewed that 20 year drought in Boston, and you followed why it happened, besides the deaths of Bias and Lewis, which were horrible, you would quickly understand why I think LA management could actually take lessons from the Jets. But, alas, I get to watch the slow death, and listen posters willing to defend their managements idiot decisions, instead of asking, what needs to be done to fix this chaos.

2015 season end- 50 wins, book it

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and by the way, Lakers fans are not believing in your organization, neither are Free Agents and certainly not your local press who are starting to realize it, and are chewing up the Buss's.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, if you reviewed that 20 year drought in Boston, and you followed why it happened, besides the deaths of Bias and Lewis, which were horrible, you would quickly understand why I think LA management could actually take lessons from the Jets. But, alas, I get to watch the slow death, and listen posters willing to defend their managements idiot decisions, instead of asking, what needs to be done to fix this chaos.

The Laker will win closer to 60 in 2015!!:whistle:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and by the way, Lakers fans are not believing in your organization, neither are Free Agents and certainly not your local press who are starting to realize it, and are chewing up the Buss's.

The only one that Lakers fans and the media don't believe in is Jim Buss!! We believe wholeheartedly in Jeannie and Phil. If things don't change quickly enough, it is believed that Jim will be told to go sit in the corner. There is a provision in the way Dr. Buss set things up that allows for this.

I understand the deaths, but they don't exactly equate to 20+ years of irrelevance. Interesting that you allow that excuse for the Celtics, but don't want to take into consideration the death of Dr. Buss and understand there is a grieving/adjustment process that the Lakers have been going through!!

As for free agents: 1 free agent who has a history of indecisiveness decides not to sign with the Lakers and suddenly NO free agents are believing in the organization!!

Aren't your hands full from all of these straws you're grasping at yet?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF are you talking about. I've seen plenty of posters not defending Jim Buss' moves as well as discussing what we feel should be done to fix this "chaos". The words you use to describe the Lakers are well exaggerated. Do keep up the entertainment though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as TF12 said, one FA goes elsewhere and all of sudden no one wants to play for the Lakers? Comedy :laugh3:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't your hands full from all of these straws you're grasping at yet?

They must be. 50 wins for the Celtics in 2014/2015? Comedy gold Logic. Rondo, Green, and unproven youth is not winning 50 games. Late first round draft picks, which the Celtics will have plenty of having Brooklyn and Clippers picks, rarely amount to much in the NBA. Good luck Danny boy.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You boys can't see but two feet in front of your faces. #1, Kris Humphries will be gone by the deadline and we will be handsomely rewarded. It is possible that a team may be willing to absorb Gerald Wallace's contract as well once they see he is still capable of producing at a high level when he is involved. There are also teams who will be inquiring about Brandon Bass, picks and the myriad of other ASSETS that Boston has. Last I looked, Howard wasn't the only free agent to bolt. Earl Clark also decided it would be preferable to play for a team that didn't even qualify for the playoffs last season. Book THIS: The Cleveland Cavaliers record in 2013-14 will be SUPERIOR to the Lakers. Eat your heart out boys. What goes around comes back around. Word.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You boys can't see but two feet in front of your faces. #1, Kris Humphries will be gone by the deadline and we will be handsomely rewarded.

You'd get more for Kim Kardashian than for Kris Humphries-Kardashian!!

It is possible that a team may be willing to absorb Gerald Wallace's contract as well once they see he is still capable of producing at a high level when he is involved.

And if cows could fly we'd have to clean cowshit off of our windshields!! If he can produce at such as high level, why not keep him?

There are also teams who will be inquiring about Brandon Bass, picks and the myriad of other ASSETS that Boston has.

If Boston has so many ASSETS, why worry about a draft? Sounds like you're ready to take the Heat down right now!!:lol:

Last I looked, Howard wasn't the only free agent to bolt. Earl Clark also decided it would be preferable to play for a team that didn't even qualify for the playoffs last season.

Earl Clark again?!? Same response!!:laugh3::laugh3:

Book THIS: The Cleveland Cavaliers record in 2013-14 will be SUPERIOR to the Lakers. Eat your heart out boys. What goes around comes back around. Word.

double-facepalm1.jpg

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You boys can't see but two feet in front of your faces. #1, Kris Humphries will be gone by the deadline and we will be handsomely rewarded. It is possible that a team may be willing to absorb Gerald Wallace's contract as well once they see he is still capable of producing at a high level when he is involved. There are also teams who will be inquiring about Brandon Bass, picks and the myriad of other ASSETS that Boston has. Last I looked, Howard wasn't the only free agent to bolt. Earl Clark also decided it would be preferable to play for a team that didn't even qualify for the playoffs last season. Book THIS: The Cleveland Cavaliers record in 2013-14 will be SUPERIOR to the Lakers. Eat your heart out boys. What goes around comes back around. Word.

Earl Clark left for money. And to even mention him is ridiculous. He's not that good.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing, Not Personnel or Agendas, To Blame For Dwight's Departure | Lakers Nation

I recomend this read which describes the events that has led to the situation LA now faces. I feel the writer gives Mitch too much defense for throwing away the picks, but he clearly gets it right when he states he does not understand how they lost there only tradeable asset for nothing.

Its a Laker site, Lakers writers. It explains well the points I have been making. I enjoy you posters and we have had years of fodder, Your good fans, but right now your in denial even with writing taking place inside your fandom. We in Boston know well when an org has lost their mojo. and we are also a city that knows a good org when we see them. we are very fortunate here in boston to have great owners and smart sports operation people. in almost every sport we have purged the overspending and got back to developing our players through drafts.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to turn this thread back to a team that has opportunity in the near future. Its exciting to see how Danny uses good young players, draft picks, cash, and and aligned org to get r done. He and most teams prepared for the CBA.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the beauty of our situation. To be honest, I doubt if we are even done wheeling and dealing before the season opener. LogicMan, I see you have that Nets logo up! I will be following Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett's pursuit of a title this year also. They have an honest shot at a title and with Boston being pretty much a lock to not reach the finals, I hope Brooklyn can get one more for The Truth! I can't lie and say I'm a Brooklyn fan but Paulie has equaled Larry as my favorite all-time player. Word.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crotch, I am a Nets fan for this year because Paul and KG took the trade like the gentlemen they are. Its not lost on any Celtics fan what this allows Boston to do next. They are a deep part of our history now. Not many susperstars can eat humble pie, but they did.

I still see Paul back in 10 months from now. What KG will do is the issue I suppose.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope that not only Paulie returns, but he suits up and finishes his career in Celtic green. Enjoy your weekend, L-Man! Word.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You too Crotch. I really do see him retiring in green. His ego did not bring down his team

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crotch, I am a Nets fan for this year because Paul and KG took the trade like the gentlemen they are. Its not lost on any Celtics fan what this allows Boston to do next. They are a deep part of our history now. Not many susperstars can eat humble pie, but they did.

I still see Paul back in 10 months from now. What KG will do is the issue I suppose.

Yeah I'll be rooting for the Nets so Paul and KG can get another ring. The east finals, probably Nets vs Heat will be a series to remember.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to turn this thread back to a team that has opportunity in the near future. Its exciting to see how Danny uses good young players, draft picks, cash, and and aligned org to get r done. He and most teams prepared for the CBA.

What exactly has Danny done? Most C's fans have been bitching about him for years!! The only reason that he still has a job is because Kevin McHale "gifted" him 2/3 of a big 3 that netted exactly 1 title!!

The only thing I see that he's been able to do is bring in a bunch of players that C's fans overvalue!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing, Not Personnel or Agendas, To Blame For Dwight's Departure | Lakers Nation

I recomend this read which describes the events that has led to the situation LA now faces. I feel the writer gives Mitch too much defense for throwing away the picks, but he clearly gets it right when he states he does not understand how they lost there only tradeable asset for nothing.

Its a Laker site, Lakers writers. It explains well the points I have been making. I enjoy you posters and we have had years of fodder, Your good fans, but right now your in denial even with writing taking place inside your fandom. We in Boston know well when an org has lost their mojo. and we are also a city that knows a good org when we see them. we are very fortunate here in boston to have great owners and smart sports operation people. in almost every sport we have purged the overspending and got back to developing our players through drafts.

Read the article and I'm questioning your comprehension!! It says pretty much exactly what every Laker fan has been saying!! The new CBA has the Lakers screwed until after next season when, as the article says, they will have cap space for the first time since 1996!!

As the article also points out, the Lakers have built championship caliber teams without a draft pick in the single digits since 1979!! When Stern nixed the CP3 trade, combined with new CBA, management knew that things were going to be tough for a couple of years. Bringing in Nash and Dwight was to try to remain at a championship level (or close) until the big contracts expire after this season.

Basically, Mitch tried to keep the team in the hunt, but injuries de-railed the season, it happens!! Now, while the current roster isn't going to be making the finals, they should at least be fun too watch and may perform better than expected. After next season, they will begin the re-build in earnest.

As a Lakers fan, I may have to be a little more patient than in the past, but I feel that the Lakers have earned a little patience from me, given how successful they have been over my 40+ years of being a fan!! I know one thing, it's highly unlikely that I'll be waiting 25+ years for them to win another title!!