• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston Celtics Roll Call

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Rule, I was the one a year ago who applauded Mitch for making that deal. It was his best chance post CBA to reload, albeit he had to trade his remaining assets. Thats why this year, losing Dwight makes no sense, and not bringing Phil on to protect the deal of a year earlier makes no sense. At some point, the wise fans are going to run the Buss's and Mitch out of town. This is not a difficult situation to see

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Rule, I was the one a year ago who applauded Mitch for making that deal. It was his best chance post CBA to reload, albeit he had to trade his remaining assets. Thats why this year, losing Dwight makes no sense, and not bringing Phil on to protect the deal of a year earlier makes no sense. At some point, the wise fans are going to run the Buss's and Mitch out of town. This is not a difficult situation to see

I agree. Not bringing Phil back was a huge mistake. Said it back then too. Resigning Dwight was the first step of the rebuild. Losing him has set the Lakers back. I don't have a issue with Mitch though. This was Jim Buss' deal.

I don't see the Lakers getting much next summer. Lebron and Carmelo aren't going anywhere. Not a whole lot otherwise given the salaries they'll want. Realistically, the summer of 2015 will be when the Lakers get some big FAs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Not bringing Phil back was a huge mistake. Said it back then too. Resigning Dwight was the first step of the rebuild. Losing him has set the Lakers back. I don't have a issue with Mitch though. This was Jim Buss' deal.

I don't see the Lakers getting much next summer. Lebron and Carmelo aren't going anywhere. Not a whole lot otherwise given the salaries they'll want. Realistically, the summer of 2015 will be when the Lakers get some big FAs.

:agree: The Lakers (just like everyone else) will make a big push for Lebron, but I don't think he goes anywhere. I hope they resist making an offer to Carmelo as I think they would be better served to wait until 2015 if Lebron stays with the Heat!!

The difference between the Lakers re-build and the C's re-build is that the Lakers have the money and location to land bigger free agents, whereas the C's will have to re-build more through trades and draft picks.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, you should look at hoops hype at NBA salaries for 2014/2015. Celtics and LA have the same cap space minus the $7M or so wrapped up in Sullinger, Olynk and Brooks (not a bad thing eh?)

LA with Kobe, with the dysfunctional management, and no clear future talent is not an attractive place (see one Dwight Howard). Players today are not enamored by Lakers of Celtics just because, especially Lakers when Clippers are the team in LA.

But worse than this all is the horrid 2014 FA class. Minus LBJ the star pick up is Carmelo. Or maybe you want to dump a max on Bosh, or Randolph. There is no Chris Paul, Kevin or Dwight out there. Drummond and Irving are the best out there but there under team option. The good ones aint getting to free agency, the NBA post the CBA knows just how hard it is to get talent in. Which is why again I just dont understand why Phil was not coaching Dwight. I still blame Mitch as GM for Dantoni...he had to know his offense and Dwights style were not aligned. strange

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA should seriously consider using the amnesty provision on Kobe Bryant. Word.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, you should look at hoops hype at NBA salaries for 2014/2015. Celtics and LA have the same cap space minus the $7M or so wrapped up in Sullinger, Olynk and Brooks (not a bad thing eh?)

LA with Kobe, with the dysfunctional management, and no clear future talent is not an attractive place (see one Dwight Howard). Players today are not enamored by Lakers of Celtics just because, especially Lakers when Clippers are the team in LA.

But worse than this all is the horrid 2014 FA class. Minus LBJ the star pick up is Carmelo. Or maybe you want to dump a max on Bosh, or Randolph. There is no Chris Paul, Kevin or Dwight out there. Drummond and Irving are the best out there but there under team option. The good ones aint getting to free agency, the NBA post the CBA knows just how hard it is to get talent in. Which is why again I just dont understand why Phil was not coaching Dwight. I still blame Mitch as GM for Dantoni...he had to know his offense and Dwights style were not aligned. strange

That was Jim Buss, Logic, not Mitch. Jim deserves the blame for that move. I love the dire scenes you paint for the Lakers. How are they ever going to survive? :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree!! First of all a couple of seasons of success does not make the Clippers "the team" in L.A. If you lived out here, you'd know that!! The Clippers are no more talked about now than they are when they suck. The Lakers dominate sportstalk out here, even in the off-season. Until the Clippers start hanging banners, L.A. will always be a Lakers town.

But worse than this all is the horrid 2014 FA class. Minus LBJ the star pick up is Carmelo. Or maybe you want to dump a max on Bosh, or Randolph. There is no Chris Paul, Kevin or Dwight out there. Drummond and Irving are the best out there but there under team option.

This is why I said that if Lebron stays in Miami as I suspect he will, I don't want the Lakers to go after Carmelo. They could sign a couple of solid free agents and save the max contracts for 2015!!

The good ones aint getting to free agency, the NBA post the CBA knows just how hard it is to get talent in. Which is why again I just dont understand why Phil was not coaching Dwight. I still blame Mitch as GM for Dantoni...he had to know his offense and Dwights style were not aligned. strange

The good ones WILL get to free agancy because they are always going to want to see what they can get!! They love the ego stroking of the whole process!! Even though I expect Lebron to stay in Miami, I also expect that he will listen to offers from any team that wants to make one!!

I know that you C's fans want things to be as dire as possible for the Lakers. It will make you impending 20+ years of irrelevance until your next 1 title "dynasty" easier to take. Unfortunately, it's just not as likely to happen as you want it to be!!

It's really gonna sting in a couple of years or so, when the Lakers catch you at 17 with Rondo as their starting point guard!!:lol::laugh3:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers and their fans are in deep denial. Your not going to improve until you first see the situation clearly. Frankly, I am enjoying this to no end, as it smells of the horrible decisions Boston made once Reggie passed away (Red lost all control of his org). I see the same out there but worse, you dont even have picks (which granted, Boston screwed that up too thank you Mr Pitino).

Your heading ugly. How can any of you feel good when what ever assets you had left were wasted away in one big swoop. I bet Rex Ryan could get a Job in LA.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont lie I could see LA landing a super star next summer and the rebuild not being long.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crotch, your right ho, they should have amnestied Kobe, and brought on Josh paired with Dwight. I mean, you, you crotch could not bungle that up. But what really is the laugher was the posters begging dwight to stay, and then now launching the ugly spins about him. Like other players dont see it.

You all know I felt LBJ was heading to Lakers, but now convinced he has no interest getting into LA. The Knicks are sending thank you notes the Buss family.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no franchise turning player out their #1Boston, none, and thats why I just dont understand what went wrong at the Staples center. I dont think Tony Parker will turn it around, and 70% of the teams in 2014 and 2015 have lots of cash.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the "logic" in LogicMan is along the same lines as when you call a fat guy "Slim"!!

You go ahead and keep wishfully thinking and making your dire predictions for the Lakers and waiting for your next 1 title "dynasty"!!

Lakers fans will continue believing in an organization that has never gone 20+ years being irrelevant!!

At least you guys will have your Lakers hate to keep you warm at night!!:lol:

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Clark saw the writing on the wall. Even if Kobe comes back for 2-3 years, nobody really wants to play with him at the ass end of his career. Gasol and Nash have one foot in the AARP. I'll tell you what's going to happen. Adam Silver is going to take a page out of Stern's book and fix it so LA ends up with a #1 in the next draft they are eligible to pick in! Fact of business, LA is going to stink for at least the next 6-7 seasons. Word.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Clark saw the writing on the wall. Even if Kobe comes back for 2-3 years, nobody really wants to play with him at the ass end of his career. Gasol and Nash have one foot in the AARP. I'll tell you what's going to happen. Adam Silver is going to take a page out of Stern's book and fix it so LA ends up with a #1 in the next draft they are eligible to pick in! Fact of business, LA is going to stink for at least the next 6-7 seasons. Word.

:laugh3:EARL CLARK!!:laugh3: Seriously?!? That's the best you've got? I realize that it's desperate times in Beantown, but EARL FREAKIN' CLARK!!

What's next? Sasha Vujacic saw the writing on the wall and that's why he left a few years ago!!

Earl Clark!!:L

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers and their fans are in deep denial. Your not going to improve until you first see the situation clearly. Frankly, I am enjoying this to no end, as it smells of the horrible decisions Boston made once Reggie passed away (Red lost all control of his org). I see the same out there but worse, you dont even have picks (which granted, Boston screwed that up too thank you Mr Pitino).

Your heading ugly. How can any of you feel good when what ever assets you had left were wasted away in one big swoop. I bet Rex Ryan could get a Job in LA.

You make it seem like draft picks are the only positive asset a team can have. Most draft picks aren't very successful in the NBA. We'll see how good your golden boy Danny is these next few years using all these coveted draft picks. You guys were slobbering all over Fab Melo when he was drafted. How did he work out?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact of business, LA is going to stink for at least the next 6-7 seasons. Word.

And Celtic fans better get ready for a much longer period of irrelevancy. You are used to it. There will be no 50 wins in year 2 of your rebuild.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I doubt Ainge intends to use all those picks. You have to account for what happens after the rookie contracts expire. What he'll end up doing is flipping combinations of players and picks for quality players and expiring contracts. He knows what assets we've got and he knows how to dicker and deal. LA is actually in a better situation in terms of cap space over the next few seasons but they don't have any future pieces to build around. We have Rondo, Bradley, Sullinger, Green and Marshon Brooks. Now it looks like Kelly Olynyk may also be a bona fide piece to the future puzzle. They should pull the trigger like we did and try to deal Kobe, Gasol and Nash. Get young. Word.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I doubt Ainge intends to use all those picks. You have to account for what happens after the rookie contracts expire. What he'll end up doing is flipping combinations of players and picks for quality players and expiring contracts. He knows what assets we've got and he knows how to dicker and deal. LA is actually in a better situation in terms of cap space over the next few seasons but they don't have any future pieces to build around. We have Rondo, Bradley, Sullinger, Green and Marshon Brooks. Now it looks like Kelly Olynyk may also be a bona fide piece to the future puzzle. They should pull the trigger like we did and try to deal Kobe, Gasol and Nash. Get young. Word.

I can't wait to see how Olynyk does!! I think he's got a chance to be really good!!