• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston Celtics Roll Call

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep omitting Avery Bradley, #1. Do you think Brooks will start ahead of him?

Rotation:
C) Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk
PF) Brandon Bass, Kris Humphries
SF) Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace
SG) Avery Bradley, Marshon Brooks, Keith Bogans
PG) Rajon Rondo, Courtney Lee, Jordon Crawford

D-League/overseas: Fab Melo, Colton Iverson, Kris Joseph

Gone: Chris Wilcox, Shavlik Randolph, DJ White, Terrence Williams

Danny has to find some way to off a few of these redundant players before the season starts. Hopefully he can trim some payroll along the way. Word.

Brooks is almost identical to Jordan Crawford. No way he starts ahead of Bradley. The guy can score, but not very efficiently and he does little else. Bradley is one of the best wing defenders in the NBA.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we have some big moves coming.. maybe im just optimistic but the roster as it is now.. doesnt look too favorable .. we either need to blow it up get rid of some big money (wallace) or the front office needs to say ok this is it for the year.. we are building for next season.. that way we know what we are getting into..

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our roster changes are just getting started. I thought by end of 13/14 season we would be rebuilt, I now think 14/15. By then, we will know our centerpiece and cornerstones, maybe. The draft picks are very important in the process

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at our assets, we have a combination of contracts and picks that could really be turned into solid pieces. I suspect Danny will work a couple trade deadline miracles. Word.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep omitting Avery Bradley, #1. Do you think Brooks will start ahead of him?

Rotation:
C) Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk
PF) Brandon Bass, Kris Humphries
SF) Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace
SG) Avery Bradley, Marshon Brooks, Keith Bogans
PG) Rajon Rondo, Courtney Lee, Jordon Crawford

D-League/overseas: Fab Melo, Colton Iverson, Kris Joseph

Gone: Chris Wilcox, Shavlik Randolph, DJ White, Terrence Williams

Danny has to find some way to off a few of these redundant players before the season starts. Hopefully he can trim some payroll along the way. Word.

I think Brooks will be the starting 2 by the end of the year. I like AB, but his ceiling is a Tony Allen who can score 12 a game instead of 8-9. Brooks could end a elite 2 guard. Watch his rookie year, kid can score. There's a reason Celtics fans are pissed we traded him in the first place.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Brooks aquisition too, and this may have been a secret gem from the deal.

Crotch, your right about the dealing. These days so few "free agents" ever actually get to FA. A deal is done a year before FA using picks as the means to let third party club obtain ownership.

I think of the 9 picks, probably 3 0r 4 will be dealt for a rising star

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Brad Stevens hire. I just hope Rajon gives him his due and proper. It will be interest to see how much of a stamp Stevens tries to put on this team given the roster he has to work with. Meanwhile, LA loses Earl Clark to Cleveland for 2 years and 9 mil. Howard will end up in Houston and LA won't be compensated because they don't want Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik. With Atlanta losing Jeff Teague, I can smell a potential Josh Smith sign and trade for the same package. All of a sudden Houston has a formidable foursome in Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Chandler Parsons and James Harden. Oof. Word.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think the Celtics will try to land a super star next summer? Once were off the books for Humphries and a couple other low salary guys, will have some room to work with. If Danny can somehow dump Wallace, Bass, Lee, and/or Bogans we can free up some space. Even with them were looking at enough room to sign a max guy.

We pair up a star 2 and or big guy with Rondo and Green and were building towards something. Add in all the picks we have going forward we could build around that.

Thoughts?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Brooks aquisition too, and this may have been a secret gem from the deal.

Crotch, your right about the dealing. These days so few "free agents" ever actually get to FA. A deal is done a year before FA using picks as the means to let third party club obtain ownership.

I think of the 9 picks, probably 3 0r 4 will be dealt for a rising star

I agree with the picks. I think Danny will dump bad contracts and picks for a rising star/star. Then maybe you land a star next summer and you got something.

I just don't think the draft is the way to go, we need to use picks to land players who are established and try to land a free agent once we have the cap space.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad day as today Paul ends his tenure after so many years. I appreciate greatly the way he has handled the trade, and the same for KG to waive his deal. This helps them in a way for a chance again at a ring, but the big issue is that it allows Boston the extra assets needed to reload. KG especially deserves some support for that. Two classy guys in a league where few exist. I do hope to see Paul in a Celtics jersey once more. It could happen in less than a year.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the shittiest part of the CBA, L-Man. The days of Team/Player and Player/Team loyalty are extinct. The fiscal penalties are too exacting. That being said, I am excited about our future. I am prepared for some major wheeling and dealing by Strainge Chainge. Word.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 61 rookies of the 2013 NBA Summer League, led by Cody Zeller and Kelly Olynyk - SBNation.com

Crotch, it seems that most writers believe Danny got great value at the 13 spot with Kelly. I am pretty high on Danny's ability to spot talent. Most of his round 1 players are playing somewhere. Melo may have been his reach.

The CBA did change everything, but Danny was well prepared. The future is in building through the draft, having a decent enough team to then pay a max or two and blend it. They killed the Free Agent means to build. Pat Riley was a smart dude and snuck it in before the changes. Celts will be solid by next year.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it, L-Man, and with Randolph waived and Iverson playing in Turkey, here is what our 15-Man roster currently looks like:

Projected Starters:

C) Kelly Olynyk - Looked great offensively in the Summer League. Let's hope this Plantar Fascitis doesn't derail his rookie season.
PF) Brandon Bass - For now, I envision Bass starting. He will still hit the midrange and try to guard small 4's and big 3's.
SF) Jeff Green - The keys have been handed to him. I see him going for around 21 ppg for the year.
SG) Avery Bradley - The time is now to take the next step offensively. I hope playing pg for so long last year benefited him. I suspect he will be as good defensively as he has ever been.
PG) Rajon Rondo - May not start the season but when he returns I expect a statistical onslaught.

Projected Reserves:

C) Vitor Faverani - A curiosity at this point and from what I'm hearing is raw offensively.
PF) Jared Sullinger and Kris Humphries - I believe Sullinger will see a lot of time at 5. I hope he recovers completely - we could use his scoring and rebounding. Humphries will give us a great alternative.
SF) Gerald Wallace - I suspect Crash will be a pleasant surprise. He fell off statistically last season mainly due to the Nets style of play. He could very well earn the money left on his contract.
SG) Keith Bogans, Marshon Brooks, Jordon Crawford and Courtney Lee - Bogans just earned the best contract of his year and won't even have to play for it. This position is a clusterfuck. I am intrigued by what Brooks will develop into but I'd like to see Crawford get dealt. Although he is a good scorer, his streakiness is disruptive. I'm still waiting on the Courtney Lee we thought we were getting last season to show up.
PG) Phil Pressey - I guess for the price he's as good an insurance policy as any.

I really think if everything plays out perfect this team could have a better record than the 41-40 they posted during the regular season last year. But I don't think they stand a shot of much more than getting swept in the first round against the top heavy Eastern Conference playoff teams.

I think the plan should be attrition for assets with Kris Humphries, Jordon Crawford, Fab Melo, Brandon Bass, Gerald Wallace, Courtney Lee all as possible moving pieces. By 2014-15 in the preseason I want us to be trim, fit and in top fighting form. What do you think, L-Man? Word.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vito is rumored to have a great offensive game, and he loves to run the court, I think his offense is actually why they got him. Ane he is mature and a workout beast.

The issue with him is his lack of defense attitude. Hopefully Sully and AB will set the tone.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think the Celtics are going to be all that good until Rondo and Sullinger get healthy,
but am much more optimistic now that we've gotten younger via the draft and the trade.

Pierce and Garnett are past it, sad to say, and Jason Terry never was as basketball-smart as
either of them. Good riddance to him!

I'll be tuning in most nights however well or poorly we do.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you, I am looking forward to the rebuild. Year 1 will be evaluation but year 2 the deals will take place.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Fab is now a project in Memphis. Usually I am a Danny supporter but it looked right from the start that this pick was strange.

he needs a roster spot cleared and they go under the cap.

Yawn