• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston Celtics Roll Call

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gerald Wallace plays in Boston this season, I suspect he will benefit from playing with Rajon Rondo. I honestly don't think Boston plans on completely tanking this year. Humphries has an expiring contract so I think he'll be included in some kind of deal . This roster just doesn't look like what the training camp product will be. Word.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep messing this up. This will probably be the rotation:

Starters:

C) Jared Sullinger - Will rebound and score but will have trouble defending larger 5's.
PF) Brandon Bass - Bass will also score and have trouble defending larger players.
SF) Jeff Green - Now that he is option #1 he could have a true breakout season.
SG) Avery Bradley - We will need him to knock down open J's and continue to harass 2's.
PG) Rajon Rondo - If the C's overachieve, look for him to be a darkhorse MVP candidate.

Backups:

C) Kelly Olynyk, Shavlik Randolph - I expect these two to battle for backup minutes.
PF) Kris Humphries - He will have a bigger role than he did last year with the Nets.
SF) Gerald Wallace - Wallace will end up getting a lot more minutes and will produce.
SG) Marshon Brooks, Jordon Crawford, Keith Bogans - It will be fun to see who wins minutes.
PG) Courtney Lee, Phil Pressey - Lee didn't impress me at point last year but he's all we have.

L-Man, help me out here. Word.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gerald Wallace plays in Boston this season, I suspect he will benefit from playing with Rajon Rondo. I honestly don't think Boston plans on completely tanking this year. Humphries has an expiring contract so I think he'll be included in some kind of deal . This roster just doesn't look like what the training camp product will be. Word.

The Celtics can be a legitimate contender again by 2015, maybe even 2014 if they tank now. There simply aren't enough movable pieces on this roster to make it good enough by going any other route. I know it is a tough thing for fans to swallow, but a top notch draft pick + cap space to sign some big time players in 2014 is the way to go.

Wallace + Bass + a 1st rounder might get you an expiring contract, but even that could be a stretch. Wallace is a guy that no team wants on their roster since he can't be amnestied and you would have to give up significant assets just to get another team to take him back.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wallace will be more moveable by the trade deadline. Look for Boston to feature him in the lineup to begin the year. Playing with Rondo will generate a little fool's gold action for us! Humphries will be used as a valuable expiring contract. Maybe he could be used in a sign and trade to Atlanta for Josh Smith. We have a LOT of options, tlance. Word.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wallace will be more moveable by the trade deadline. Look for Boston to feature him in the lineup to begin the year. Playing with Rondo will generate a little fool's gold action for us! Humphries will be used as a valuable expiring contract. Maybe he could be used in a sign and trade to Atlanta for Josh Smith. We have a LOT of options, tlance. Word.

I love your enthusiasm for your team. You seem like a true fan.

If the C's do hit the reset button and decide to deal Rondo though, don't give up. If they follow the right blue print, they will be back on top a lot quicker than you might think. Rondo, Smith and Green make them the 6th best team in the East without a lot of room for growth.

I only wish my team had the patience to go through a true rebuild and to do it the right way. I kind of wish the Wizards would go ahead and deal some of the assets that they have now. I just don't see John Wall as a championship level franchise player. You need either a legit superstar, or a dominant front court to win in this league.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll give you Rajon Rondo for John Wall and Bradley Beal. IF you take Humphries contract also. Word.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are about 30% of the way through Danny deals over the next season. He did 4 last week, he is coming up for air after accumulating 4 first rounders and getting some expiring contracts and some salary dump

Its about having lottery picks for 14/15 draft, having free agent money, and its about having the right type of young players on board. Its about post CBA salary management

Winning 40 games next year makes no sense. I see Rondo gone, probably for a young PG and a 2014 round 1 player and an an expiring contract.

They wont be the Lakers of today, they wont be the Celtics of the 90's . Danny knows where that goes. Just look at the Lakers to see just how scared they are when Howard leaves and they have no picks, no tradeable assets.

its going down in beantown

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you gotta build around Rondo, Brooks and Green. Once salary cap space is freed up, good add someone to the group. Players will wanna come to Boston, just like LA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are about 30% of the way through Danny deals over the next season. He did 4 last week, he is coming up for air after accumulating 4 first rounders and getting some expiring contracts and some salary dump

Its about having lottery picks for 14/15 draft, having free agent money, and its about having the right type of young players on board. Its about post CBA salary management

Winning 40 games next year makes no sense. I see Rondo gone, probably for a young PG and a 2014 round 1 player and an an expiring contract.

They wont be the Lakers of today, they wont be the Celtics of the 90's . Danny knows where that goes. Just look at the Lakers to see just how scared they are when Howard leaves and they have no picks, no tradeable assets.

its going down in beantown

Logic clearly knows his stuff.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see why we would get rid of Rondo. His contract is a steal. Ainge insists he isn't tanking. But then, nothing is ever true with Danny until it happens. Word.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no scare in La-La land if D12 goes elsewhere. We'll have a ton of cash for '14 where only Nash's contract will be in play. Plenty of FA's who'd want to don the purple and gold. Nothing is done yet so it's all premature how things will shake down before the season tips off.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see why we would get rid of Rondo. His contract is a steal. Ainge insists he isn't tanking. But then, nothing is ever true with Danny until it happens. Word.

We could be average for a few seasons, dump the bad contracts and land a star to pair with Rondo, Brooks, and Green.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no scare in La-La land if D12 goes elsewhere. We'll have a ton of cash for '14 where only Nash's contract will be in play. Plenty of FA's who'd want to don the purple and gold. Nothing is done yet so it's all premature how things will shake down before the season tips off.

Your just like us, once you have cap space someone will come. The Nash contract is a bad one though. It's like us and Wallace. No one will take out those contracts.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash shoulda been a one year at most because of his age. Will Grousbeck spend the dough? So far C's management hasn't shown it(aside from signing Allen years back).

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash shoulda been a one year at most because of his age. Will Grousbeck spend the dough? So far C's management hasn't shown it(aside from signing Allen years back).

Yeah not sure why they gave him the offer they did. It's clear he's not the same on offense and he can barley play defense.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston has never drawn good talent via free agency. Excluding Shaq, neither has LA. The great players come through draft and / or trades.

Grousebeck spends dough. He was willing to pay Doc as the highest coach in the NBA. The issue is the new CBA. Teams that are over will pay tremendous taxes in the years ahead and wont be able to trade easily if over the CAP. CAP management will be huge ahead.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That repeater tax is a real buzzkill. So, with the roster we have what is our ceiling next year, fellas? What is our basement? Word.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That repeater tax is a real buzzkill. So, with the roster we have what is our ceiling next year, fellas? What is our basement? Word.

With the current roster I'd say best case is 35-40 wins and somewhere 7-9 in the East. Worst case I'd say 25-30 wins and were in top 10 next year draft night. I just hope Danny can somehow get rid of Wallace, so in 2014 we gain 22 million in cap and could land a free agent to play along side Rondo, Brooks and Green. Danny is even saying he's not blowing it up, but trying to rebuild around Rondo.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take my word though, Brooks could be great in this league. With Rondo getting him good looks I could see him getting 15 a game next year, if he starts and get's stater minutes. Just like Green this year. He could of scored more then almost 13 a game if Pierce wasn't the starter.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep omitting Avery Bradley, #1. Do you think Brooks will start ahead of him?

Rotation:
C) Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk
PF) Brandon Bass, Kris Humphries
SF) Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace
SG) Avery Bradley, Marshon Brooks, Keith Bogans
PG) Rajon Rondo, Courtney Lee, Jordon Crawford

D-League/overseas: Fab Melo, Colton Iverson, Kris Joseph

Gone: Chris Wilcox, Shavlik Randolph, DJ White, Terrence Williams

Danny has to find some way to off a few of these redundant players before the season starts. Hopefully he can trim some payroll along the way. Word.