• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boomer Esiason

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my son had a middle school hoops game tonight. On the way home I had to listen to the first half on the radio. Boomer flat abused Dez Bryant for a owed tirade on the sideline. He told Kevin Harlan that tomorrow we will learn that Dez was just encouraging his teammates. He basically said bullshit. Didn't see it - was it bad?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. Still haven't seen the tirade.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he top 5? Top 10? What do u think ? I have him 6-10

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily top 5. He is always doubled, always open, but for the most part, he's had a noodle arm trying to get him the ball. He could have had one or two TD's last night if Romo were in there

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course boomer side with the Qb.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Top 10 Lock, Borderline Top 5

Odell
Antonio
Julio

Are the obvious WR's that are ranked ahead of Dez

Than you get into the tier of Demaryius, Calvin, Dez, a healthy Jordy maybe.....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 Lock, Borderline Top 5

Odell
Antonio
Julio

Are the obvious WR's that are ranked ahead of Dez

Than you get into the tier of Demaryius, Calvin, Dez, a healthy Jordy maybe.....

What a difference a year makes. This time last year Dez was firmly in that top 3 group and had a legit claim to #1. Injuries and bad QB play are limiting him this year, but it's fair to ask if he really is a top 5 guy if he can't consistently make an impact without Romo out there.

As far as my top 5 right now?

1. Antonio Brown
1a. Julio Jones
3 AJ Green
4 DeAndre Hopkins
5 Odell Beckham

HM: Calvin Johnson, Demaryious Thomas, Alshon Jeffrey, Allen Robinson

Incomplete: Dez Bryant; has not been good this year

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference a year makes. This time last year Dez was firmly in that top 3 group and had a legit claim to #1. Injuries and bad QB play are limiting him this year, but it's fair to ask if he really is a top 5 guy if he can't consistently make an impact without Romo out there.

1. Antonio Brown
1a. Julio Jones
3 AJ Green
4 DeAndre Hopkins
5 Odell Beckham

Fair List....Id have Dez ranked ahead of AJ Green, think he is too boom or bust for my liking from week to week...Youd be surprised by his game logs and how many weeks he really doesnt provide an elite performance......Im forgetting Hopkins, thats a bad man, especially when you consider who has been throwing him the ball his entire career........

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Antonio Brown
1a. Julio Jones
3 AJ Green
4 DeAndre Hopkins
5 Odell Beckham

Dez has not been healthy this year.

1. Antonio Brown
2. Julio Jones
3. A.J. Green
4. Dez
5. DeAndre Hopkins

HM Demaryious Thomas, Calvin Johnson, ODell Beckham, Emanuel, Sanders, And Cooper. In 3yrs Cooper might be the best

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair List....Id have Dez ranked ahead of AJ Green, think he is too boom or bust for my liking from week to week...Youd be surprised by his game logs and how many weeks he really doesnt provide an elite performance......Im forgetting Hopkins, thats a bad man, especially when you consider who has been throwing him the ball his entire career........

I'm looking at things like catch % and yards per reception. A.J. Green sees as many double teams as anyone, and he is putting up elite production this year with higher efficiency than Beckham and Hopkins. Green scores fewer TDs because of Cincy's run game. Green's numbers over the first 4.5 year of his career are as good as anyone's. He is having a huge impact for the Bengals this year.

You could take anyone from 3-5 and it would really be a wash. I happen to like Aj Green, you might like Beckham - both are the right answer.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why Dez is so boom or bust is becomes he doesn't get the Targets, and the qb play sucks in Dallas right now. All these other guy's qb's force feed them the ball even win they're doubled. Dez has never been given the number 1 option treatment. That's why there's such a discrepancy in Dez's states.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez has not been healthy this year.

1. Antonio Brown
2. Julio Jones
3. A.J. Green
4. Dez
5. DeAndre Hopkins

HM Demaryious Thomas, Calvin Johnson, ODell Beckham, Emanuel, Sanders, And Cooper. In 3yrs Cooper might be the best

I gave Dez an incomplete. Because of holdout, injuries, and poor QB play I know we have not seen the best of Dez this year. But I am concerned how little impact Dez has had with Romo out.

I like your list, but I have to put Hopkins in front of even a healthy Dez. Hopkins took it to another level this year, as did Jones and Green in my opinion.

Sanders is good but I think he benefits a lot from the attention that Thomas receives. Thomas is a legit stud and definitely in the conversation for top 5.

Last edited:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave Dez an incomplete. Because of holdout, injuries, and poor QB play I know we have not seen the best of Dez this year. But I am concerned how little impact Dez has had with Romo out.

I like your list, but I have to put Hopkins in front of even a healthy Dez. Hopkins took it to another level this year, as did Jones and Green in my opinion.

Sanders is good but I think he benefits a lot from the attention that Thomas receives. Thomas is a legit stud and definitely in the conversation for top 5.
I agree with you for the most part, but Hopkins is the only guy on that team really getting targets. Hopkins probably gets about 12-15 targets a game. In other words they force feed him the ball and gives him a chance to make plays. Dez at best is getting 6 or 7 maybe of the top of my headed. He's hardly ever forced the ball that is a 50/50 catchable ball. That has to count for something. Even when Romo is in Dez isn't his first option its always Witten. Which is fine. Stafford, The read Rifle, Big Ben, Carr, and Eli, and Matty Ice, over target those guys. The only person in a similar situation to Dez is D. Thomas and the generally put up identical numbers. I think we all have great list and there is no wrong answer here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here we go again and since we'll all just saying what we've said before...

Dez has off the charts skills and can go get the ball as good as anyone BUT

he seldom if at all gets separation, is a poor route runner and drops more balls than he should
Not top 5 but comfortable in the top 10

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of asked 2 questions in my own thread. I first asked about the tirade on the sidelines that Boomer accused him of. I then asked what people really thought about him.

1. Odell Beckham
2. Hopkins
3. Brown
4. JOnes

Thomas, Bryant, Jeffery, Marshall, Green

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here we go again and since we'll all just saying what we've said before...

Dez has off the charts skills and can go get the ball as good as anyone BUT

he seldom if at all gets separation, is a poor route runner and drops more balls than he should
Not top 5 but comfortable in the top 10
I will agree about the drop passes. He drops way to many routine balls, that's because he's a body catcher. Nobody highpoints the ball better than Dez though. Well maybe Calvin. I think his rout running and separation is fine though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever wonder why Dez seldom runs a simple out pattern?
also....wouldn't that separation part show itself on occasions with Dez running away from the defender?

opinions continue to vary on all that Dez is

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his route running is the problem it used to be when it often seemed he ended up in a location that was completely unexpected to the QB on even the simplest patterns, but he does not get separation at all. He makes up for this with his size and strength, but saying his separation is "fine" is not something i can agree with...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the route running ability can be defined within the long pass catch last night. That was a double move route and the effort on the stop was marginal at best...thus the limited separation. Players play to their ability and Dez is 90% position with the ball in the air. A simple out pattern...it's telling how little that's used with Dez.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The window's in the NFL are very small There have been many times that Dez has a step on the defender on slants and square ins and the ball is way too high, too low are not thrown at all most times. Dez isn't a burner but he gets good enough separation to throw him the ball and give him a chance to make plays. I watch Hopkins every Sunday ( I live in Houston)he's slow and doesn't separate. He makes great plays on the ball. The knock on him coming into this season was that he' doesn't run good routes. They throw him the ball and he makes plays.