• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wings first, last, and Only mock draft....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one this year, i'll try and make it a good one. I will say if I had my choice pick it would be Reuben Foster LB Alabama. That guy is a difference maker, a game changer on Defense. He has that Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis bad ass dog in him. If he lasted to 14 I would absolutely RUN that pick up there. However, this is a Mock draft, and realistically, I highly doubt he is there. That said, I will put together a Mock of players I feel will be there each round. I also have to say if the guy I select here in rd 1 is not there, I would seriously seek a trade back in rd 1, gain another second rd or 3rd rd pick (depending how far back we trade) and select the BPA. One last thing, CB there are Cb's in this draft that will be selected in rds 4-5 that in most drafts would be second rounders, that is how deep this CB draft is. No need to reach for a CB early.
one last thing, and I know some will not like this, but i would absolutely draft Joe Mixon if given the chance. I think he is the best rb in this draft. What he did was wrong, what he did was brutal, but he was barely 18 and it was not unprovoked. He lost his head, and as a young kid, I feel he needs some council, he needs strong leadership/ good people around him. He doesn't need to be punished for life for that bad night as an 18 year old kid. If Mike Vick deserved a second chance, this kid clearly does as well.

Round 1 Corey Davis WR Western Michigan-this is Terrell Owens part 2, minus the drama. His route running is impeccable, watch the game tape closely, watch some of the balls that are not even thrown to him, how hard and how precise he runs his route. Corners clearly fear his ability, and he turns them inside out real fast. His ability to go up and high point a ball make him a tremendous redzone threat, and his ability after the catch is flat out dangerous. He is so explosive with the ball in his hands, and he surely is not afraid to truck a Safety. I said this back in October when I started the Corey Davis thread, this kid is special. I believe Mike Williams will probably be better from the start, but this kids ability scream perennial pro bowler. Corey Davis vs Wisconsin (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Round 2 Tarell Basham DE OHIO - I saw tons of game tape on my favorite website Draft Breakdown on Bashem vs all these Div 2 teams, then I popped on the tape vs Tennessee. WOW! I mean WOW! Whats not to love, the kids size, first step is sick, he is explosive, fires off the ball low with one hell of a punch, rip, swim, spin whatever he goes around people or through people. He beats double teams, he lines up at LDE one play and RDE another (I actually love him at RDE). This kids a BEAST! One of my favorite players in this draft hands down. Tarell Basham vs Tennessee (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Round 3 Kareem Hunt RB TOLEDO - I really like Hunt here in rd 3. He might be there in rd 4, but I'm not taking that chance. Hunt reminds me of a cross between Duce and Shady. he has that forward lean bowling ball style that Duce had, he runs hard between the tackles and is always moving forward due to his forward lean low to the ground running style. He also has those quick jukes like Shady has, and shows that wiggle in open field. From what I have seen he is a decent pass catcher as well. I see Hunt as a very good 3 down rb. In short yardage he is an absolute tank. Kareem Hunt vs App State (2016) | Draft Breakdown
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kareem-hunt-vs-app-state-2016/
Round 4 Corn Elder CB Miami - I like this kids physical way of playing CB. He is the type of Press CB that will give Wr's fits. I know he isn't the 6'1 CB that many teams ideally want, but this kid flat out can cover, and he has some serious Jets. Never mind his 4.5 forty time at the underwear Olympics, throw on the tape vs Florida State and watch him chase down Dalvin Cook from behind..SICK! Corn Elder vs Florida State (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Round 4 Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma - think healthy Percy Harvin....best way to say it. I don't know that I even need to say anymore. He is explosive, has good hands, is dangerous with the ball.
Dede Westbrook vs Ohio St 2016 | Draft Breakdown

Round 5 Jeremy Cutrer CB Middle Tenn St - you wanna see the ultimate sleeper, here he is. Big, punishing CB, from a small school, but LSU wanted him. This kid will be an absolute steal! He has phenomenal ability to break back on the ball, you can't teach that, that is god Given ability. He is highly athletic, and man can he hit for a CB. Love it! http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jeremy-cutrer-vs-alabama-2015/

Round 6 Elijah Lee LB Kansas State - Another sleeper of mine. He will have to fight to make the roster because he has some flaws in his game, he has to learn how to get off blocks. He probably needs to get with a strength coach, and get stronger. He all too often gets taken out by linemen because he is not getting off the block. However, what i love is how he plays in space. Sideline to sideline he is sick, extremely explosive. A project player with a huge upside.
Elijah Lee vs Stanford (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Round 7 Levon Myers OT Northern Illinois - A project tackle but one with huge upside. I see incredible athletic ability. He has quick feet, gets caught flat footed by bigger school speed rushers, but I think this is a technique problem, looks like he doesn't slide correctly. I think a good O-line coach takes advantage of his quick feet and turns this kid into a decent starter.
Levon Myers vs Ohio State (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Final Note : I know some are going to say I don't like all those small school players. I intentionally showed game tapes they had and dominated vs the top Colleges.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for the injury and not being able to do any of off season workouts ... I think Corey Davis would have been the first receiver off the board possibly to the Titans at 5 or to the Bills at 10. Mike Williams has taken over as the favorite to be the first WR off the board and even though I like him, he can't hold a candle to Davis in the route running or YAC department. As has been said, watching Davis is like watching a young TO; he looks like TO physically and even has the exact same running style. So, safe to say I'd be very happy if Davis ends up our first Rd pick.

The rest of the picks: Love Bashem's potential and I don't think our 2nd round pick is too early for him either. I had him in my last Mock as well, but I had him a couple of rounds later which would be too late. I don't think he gets out of Rd 2. Rd 3 is the "latest" I would take Cornerback though ... if we don't go RB in Rd 1 I propably just wait till Rd 4 or 5 to address it. Love Elder (who was also in my last Mock), but I don't want him being our first CB selection. I think he's a good slot cover guy, but he's not a boundary Corner and we need a boundary guy before we take a slot guy.

I don't know much about your 5th round guy Jeremy Cutrer, so I may have to catch some tape on him soon.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the Eagles address corner earlier but their draft might unfold similar to this mock if they go best player available which Douglass says they will do.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like it Wings. I think Corey Davis, if he is there at 14, is going to be hard to pass on.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised at WR in the first. I do believe that Howie is feeling the heat and WRs don't usually contribute in year one. RBs often do, so I think a McCaffery or Cook in year one would have that immediate impact they are looking for. Either that or go defense and plug one of the big gaping hopes at DE or CB.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD is no TO. I dont think he drops too far, regsrdless. Always respect a good mock, tho.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD is no TO. I dont think he drops too far, regsrdless. Always respect a good mock, tho.
You are correct, technically, CD is better at this stage of his career. T.O. was a third rd pick that developed into a superstar. CD with Carson Wentz would be sick... especially with Alshon Jeffrey
And Torrey Smith taking the heat off him in the beginning.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as similarities in their style and how they play I think there are absolutely similarities coming into the league ... physical style, same size (actually Davis may be slightly taller) and both have/had that excellent YAC ability. Davis may actually have better hands as well; as good as TO was, he did have some issues with drops here and there.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corn Elder can ball. I don't mind nailing the nickelback spot, if some of the outside corners are off the board. We have some really good slot guys to cover in this division.

We need to add some pass rushing talent. Basham is a good one. And yeah he played big against big talent, like Mack did at Buffalo.

Not sure how much I like Westbrook, seems like it's the system there, if he was that good he'd be going sooner. I like Switzer better for that role and in that spot of the draft. He is incredibly smooth to turn and run after the catch.

I think Cutrer is picking up steam, wonder where he ends up going? There are always guys overlooked when the position is so stacked.

Hunt can do it all. He'd be a good back to come out of this draft with. If mixon does fall further now that the other incident has come to light, that'll raise Hunts stock.

Corey Davis has potential to be a beast, but I'm still under the impression he's gone by 14.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent mock Wings, as usual. Very thorough analysis.
I think no matter the injury report on Foster, he will be the pick in the 1st if he's still there.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hunt's gone in Rd 2. He's picked up a ton of interest and is certainly in that 2nd level of RB's with guys like Kamara.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB is deep and I think Hunt falls to the third round, but that trade with the Ravens might mean he is gone by our pick in the third now.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Wings, your input this time of year is really appreciated.

Westbrook has a lot of off-field issues that could push him into the 4th, so that makes sense. Based on talent alone he's a late 1st/early 2nd. He brings big time speed to stretch the field, something that Switzer may not be able to do at the next level.

Davis fits the offense here really well, because they can move him all over the field. He's a better version of Jordan Matthews, and unlike Matthews has the ability to win consistently on the outside, has great sideline awareness that will translate well to the next level. No qualms whatsoever if Davis is the pick at 14.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one this year, i'll try and make it a good one. I will say if I had my choice pick it would be Reuben Foster LB Alabama. That guy is a difference maker, a game changer on Defense. He has that Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis bad ass dog in him. If he lasted to 14 I would absolutely RUN that pick up there. However, this is a Mock draft, and realistically, I highly doubt he is there. That said, I will put together a Mock of players I feel will be there each round. I also have to say if the guy I select here in rd 1 is not there, I would seriously seek a trade back in rd 1, gain another second rd or 3rd rd pick (depending how far back we trade) and select the BPA. One last thing, CB there are Cb's in this draft that will be selected in rds 4-5 that in most drafts would be second rounders, that is how deep this CB draft is. No need to reach for a CB early.
one last thing, and I know some will not like this, but i would absolutely draft Joe Mixon if given the chance. I think he is the best rb in this draft. What he did was wrong, what he did was brutal, but he was barely 18 and it was not unprovoked. He lost his head, and as a young kid, I feel he needs some council, he needs strong leadership/ good people around him. He doesn't need to be punished for life for that bad night as an 18 year old kid. If Mike Vick deserved a second chance, this kid clearly does as well.

Round 1 Corey Davis WR Western Michigan-this is Terrell Owens part 2, minus the drama. His route running is impeccable, watch the game tape closely, watch some of the balls that are not even thrown to him, how hard and how precise he runs his route. Corners clearly fear his ability, and he turns them inside out real fast. His ability to go up and high point a ball make him a tremendous redzone threat, and his ability after the catch is flat out dangerous. He is so explosive with the ball in his hands, and he surely is not afraid to truck a Safety. I said this back in October when I started the Corey Davis thread, this kid is special. I believe Mike Williams will probably be better from the start, but this kids ability scream perennial pro bowler. Corey Davis vs Wisconsin (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Round 2 Tarell Basham DE OHIO - I saw tons of game tape on my favorite website Draft Breakdown on Bashem vs all these Div 2 teams, then I popped on the tape vs Tennessee. WOW! I mean WOW! Whats not to love, the kids size, first step is sick, he is explosive, fires off the ball low with one hell of a punch, rip, swim, spin whatever he goes around people or through people. He beats double teams, he lines up at LDE one play and RDE another (I actually love him at RDE). This kids a BEAST! One of my favorite players in this draft hands down. Tarell Basham vs Tennessee (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Round 3 Kareem Hunt RB TOLEDO - I really like Hunt here in rd 3. He might be there in rd 4, but I'm not taking that chance. Hunt reminds me of a cross between Duce and Shady. he has that forward lean bowling ball style that Duce had, he runs hard between the tackles and is always moving forward due to his forward lean low to the ground running style. He also has those quick jukes like Shady has, and shows that wiggle in open field. From what I have seen he is a decent pass catcher as well. I see Hunt as a very good 3 down rb. In short yardage he is an absolute tank. Kareem Hunt vs App State (2016) | Draft Breakdown
Round 4 Corn Elder CB Miami - I like this kids physical way of playing CB. He is the type of Press CB that will give Wr's fits. I know he isn't the 6'1 CB that many teams ideally want, but this kid flat out can cover, and he has some serious Jets. Never mind his 4.5 forty time at the underwear Olympics, throw on the tape vs Florida State and watch him chase down Dalvin Cook from behind..SICK! Corn Elder vs Florida State (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Round 4 Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma - think healthy Percy Harvin....best way to say it. I don't know that I even need to say anymore. He is explosive, has good hands, is dangerous with the ball.
Dede Westbrook vs Ohio St 2016 | Draft Breakdown

Round 5 Jeremy Cutrer CB Middle Tenn St - you wanna see the ultimate sleeper, here he is. Big, punishing CB, from a small school, but LSU wanted him. This kid will be an absolute steal! He has phenomenal ability to break back on the ball, you can't teach that, that is god Given ability. He is highly athletic, and man can he hit for a CB. Love it! http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jeremy-cutrer-vs-alabama-2015/

Round 6 Elijah Lee LB Kansas State - Another sleeper of mine. He will have to fight to make the roster because he has some flaws in his game, he has to learn how to get off blocks. He probably needs to get with a strength coach, and get stronger. He all too often gets taken out by linemen because he is not getting off the block. However, what i love is how he plays in space. Sideline to sideline he is sick, extremely explosive. A project player with a huge upside.
Elijah Lee vs Stanford (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Round 7 Levon Myers OT Northern Illinois - A project tackle but one with huge upside. I see incredible athletic ability. He has quick feet, gets caught flat footed by bigger school speed rushers, but I think this is a technique problem, looks like he doesn't slide correctly. I think a good O-line coach takes advantage of his quick feet and turns this kid into a decent starter.
Levon Myers vs Ohio State (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Final Note : I know some are going to say I don't like all those small school players. I intentionally showed game tapes they had and dominated vs the top Colleges.

Wings, how do feel about Charles Harris? There's been a lot of buzz connecting him to the Eagles at 14 and some believe he's the best pure rusher in the draft behind only Myles Garrett.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Corey Davis may be more like AJ Green than TO in terms of style.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB is deep and I think Hunt falls to the third round

Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook and possibly Kamara in Rd 1 ... to me Hunt/De'Onta Foreman are right after that in the pecking order (Mixon a complete wildcard). So to expect Hunt to last till the end of Rd 3 imo is a stretch. That's not to say that we won't be able to snag a solid RB in Rd 3 or 4, but I see Hunt at the latest as an early Rd 3 guy with all the buzz he's getting.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, technically, CD is better at this stage of his career. T.O. was a third rd pick that developed into a superstar. CD with Carson Wentz would be sick... especially with Alshon Jeffrey
And Torrey Smith taking the heat off him in the beginning.

In terms of God given ability, CD will be blessed to have half of what TO had. I wish him luck. Two of my best bros are Western alumni. They love him too.

Last I heard he may be the first WR off the board, to TN in the top 10.

Can't wait for next week!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Corey Davis may be more like AJ Green than TO in terms of style.

Hes gonna be good. Top 3 best WR ever good? I'd love to see him do it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes gonna be good. Top 3 best WR ever good? I'd love to see him do it.

We're just talking style of play ... I don't think anyone's predicting Hall of Fame.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings, how do feel about Charles Harris? There's been a lot of buzz connecting him to the Eagles at 14 and some believe he's the best pure rusher in the draft behind only Myles Garrett.
I like his explosiveness off the ball, much more than Barnett. I know how good Barnetts stats are, but I think Harris is the better player, but Bashem will be as good as Harris and is a better
"Value" pick. If We go CB at 14 it better be Conley and not white. Watch White closely, he holds almost every play... that shit don't fly in the NFL. Perhaps White ends up being a great player but all those flags his first couple seasons would drive me nuts. Gareon Conley can ball, he is very good.