• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops: SEC is not overwhelming

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC has some good teams. The B12 has some good teams. We both have some crappy teams as well. OU's win was much needed for the program. Being dogs, and after the ass stomping aTm gave us last season, was much needed. When you have 2 programs with the resume they have, have to expect some craziness. Bama fans, as well as fans on this forum in general were gracious/complementary after the game.

I don't really know why Stoops felt compelled to give the SEC BB fodder. Perhaps he felt he needed to do it to show his guys he was willing to put it all out there so they would? Dunno. in the end, looking forward to more great games between 2 great conferences. I knew the team in Crimson would win...

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BamaTee and theSabanator were riding through downtown Tuscaloosa on an elephant...theSabanator had his earbuds in jamming on some sweet tunes...at every stoplight BamaTee would jump off of the elephant and disappear momentarily...theSabanator's curiosity finally got the best of him and he pulled out his earbuds and asked BamaTee "Hey man, what the heck are you doing at every stoplight?".

BamaTee replies "Well, I'm going to the back of the elephant and looking up under his tail".

"Why are you doing that?" theSabanator asks.

"Well, at every stoplight all of the people are saying LOOK AT THE TWO ASSHOLES ON THAT ELEPHANT."

Maybe it's a female elephant :whistle:

Congrats on the win btw. Well earned by the Sooners. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs :suds:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break, when Team SEC does it its because we are stupid and nutsack swing, but when fans of storied OU does it its done as a huge impromptu mocking. :lame:

It is definitely mocking. Definitely.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody other than Bama, LSU, UF or Aub in the SEC...:stfu: Remind me of Remora.....you know; the little parasite fish that live vicariously through the shark? If BU or UT have a great season, good for them. OU will beat them the following season most likely. My guess is there was not one mentally stable Cowboy fan that was cheering on the Eagles last night. That shit just ain't right.

All right I get to talk some shit! Now what are we talking about?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the newcomers into the PAC every single team but AZ has won or shared a conference title, in the BCS era. The SEC isn't even close to that. It's much easier to win a conference when only 6 teams participate.

To be fair it's easier to win it without a conference championship game and actually match up twice with these teams sometimes.

Everyone has at least won their division and played in the game except: Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss and Texas A&M. By the rules the PAC used to be under (going from memory so don't slam if I wrong). There would have been a good shot at Miss State, Arkansas, South Carolina and maybe even Missouri this year winning the conference. We just are not looking at this apples to apples.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think that 3rd down conversion I'm talking about was huge? The others had already happened. We are talking about THAT one. What do the others have to do with minimizing or maximizing that particular conversion? :noidea:

So are you saying that the refs should have just let that PI go and not call it? Because that would "seal the deal" for OU to win?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was funny as hell and of course it was mocking.

Im glad that the people in this post speak for all the fans in the stadium that night and know exactly what was going through their heads.

"Hey guys Jim is gonna start chanting 'Big 12! Big 12 Big 12' you 1000+ people all join in and remember we arent chanting this out of conference pride we are chanting this to mock the SEC."

:rollseyes:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stoops is spot on in his analysis

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the bulkshittest thing. Top to bottom, the big 12 is better over the BCS era. It's a better conference, just less hype and preseason rankings and chances to get into the NCG.

Really??? Are you high??? Every BCS year except this one has started with at least 2 Big 12 teams ranked in the top 10 and at least one ranked in the top 5....No better or worse than the SEC I might add.

Unfortunately for the Big 12 one of these teams has usually been Texas...It is not the SEC's fault that more often than not Texas has shit the bed and not lived up to it's pre-season hype...

Nor has it been the SEC's fault that Oklahoma and Texas have dominated the Big 12 in the last ten years...hard to take any other team seriously when they consistently lose to these two.

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely mocking. Definitely.

Big 12 conference pride is alive and well. You a texas fan could be hammering your biggest rival over committing the cardinal sin of the conference chant and here you are defending them. Team Big 12 indeed.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 conference pride is alive and well. You a texas fan could be hammering your biggest rival over committing the cardinal sin of the conference chant and here you are defending them. Team Big 12 indeed.

:frusty:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry bud, but there really is no such thing.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know OU destroyed us in the Sugar bowl, but how many teams has Bob Stoops beaten in BCS bowls? Oh, just Alabama.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck OU........there, better?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? ESPN takes out of context something someone say's about their flagship conference?

ESPN and the SEC have a 15 year, $2 billion dollar contract for a reason. They don't really get too excited about if someone say's anything that may not benefit their golden child. Like I have stated before, if OU didn't have an OU on their helmet and Sooners on their jersey you wouldn't have know the team playing against Bama. Like I said, I understand they have a lot of money invested in Bama and the SEC.