• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops: SEC is not overwhelming

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Georgia helping the SEC?
In 2008 when Georgia tech beat them?
In 2009 when Oklahoma State beat them?
In 2010 when Colorado beat them?
In 2010 when Central Florida beat them?
In 2011 when Boise State beat them?
In 2011 when Michigan State beat them?
In 2013 when Clemson beat them?
In 2013 when Nebraska beat them?

Help me understand what statement win Georgia has given us during the SEC title run. Fuck I sound like a broken record. Who is going to address this great contribution Georgia has given to the SEC during their streak. I don't see it. Anyone?
It's posted above, you just chose to ignore it.

As I pointed out above, do you realize how obstinate you look to keep listing 1 GA Tech loss when we've best them 12 other times in the past 13 years. That alone right there shows you don't know what you are talking about, and at the same time answering your question. Total domination of our in state rival from the ACC is one of many reasons.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every confernece has its good and bad teams. The difference is the SECs bad teams while they are bad are better than every other conferences bad teams.

SEC teams on the bottom are there because they are bad. Arkansas is NOT good.(this year) Tennessee is not good. (this year) Kentucky is not good. Florida is not good. (this year)

But, not too long ago, two of those WERE good teams. BOTH have BCS championships.

To say that our worst is better than their worst is like comparing measles and mumps. Both are bad.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC teams on the bottom are there because they are bad. Arkansas is NOT good.(this year) Tennessee is not good. (this year) Kentucky is not good. Florida is not good. (this year)

But, not too long ago, two of those WERE good teams. BOTH have BCS championships.

To say that our worst is better than their worst is like comparing measles and mumps. Both are bad.

Ya but Miss ST, Vandy, Kentucky have been bad for a long time only a smidge of bright spots. Less bright spots than the bad programs in other conferences.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the newcomers into the PAC every single team but AZ has won or shared a conference title, in the BCS era. The SEC isn't even close to that. It's much easier to win a conference when only 6 teams participate.

Or much harder because the damn National Champion of Alabama, LSU, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee (late 90's-early2000's) are in it! Then pretty darn good Georgia, Texas A&M and South Carolina. Arkansas before Pertino debacle. Also, when did PAC finally start having a title game and 6-6 UCLA played in it 2011? I guess that's balance and tougher?

ok! So with your reasoning (kind of because you did say BCS era) Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Ole Miss and Mississippi St make the SEC a much stronger and balanced conference than South Carolina or Arkansas because they have won titles and USC and Arky have not. Right? :rollseyes: Those are the only two that have not won an SEC title in football, not counting newcomers Missouri or Texas A&M.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we're arguing which conference has the better cellar dwellers? Think it's about time we flush this thread.

:deadhorse:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya one game is not a barometer -- hell Washington State hung with Auburn on their home field this year. Guess by your standards WSU would be in the top half of the SEC vs bottom half of the PAC

Pretty sure Auburn has improved drastically since 4 months ago? So no to your question! :suds:

Also, to be fair SEC has 14 teams (2 recently) so 12 most the time period you mention. That would mean almost every year a different team would have to win the SEC while the PAC had 10. UCLA won in 1998 then nothing. Cal is a powerhouse because they won in 2006. Same goes for Washington St who won one in 2001 or Oregon St in 2000? Thinking these facts actually take away from PAC's strength!

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or much harder because the damn National Champion of Alabama, LSU, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee (late 90's-early2000's) are in it! Then pretty darn good Georgia, Texas A&M and South Carolina. Arkansas before Pertino debacle. Also, when did PAC finally start having a title game and 6-6 UCLA played in it 2011? I guess that's balance and tougher?

ok! So with your reasoning (kind of because you did say BCS era) Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Ole Miss and Mississippi St make the SEC a much stronger and balanced conference than South Carolina or Arkansas because they have won titles and USC and Arky have not. Right? :rollseyes: Those are the only two that have not won an SEC title in football, not counting newcomers Missouri or Texas A&M.

Seriously, you can't be that ignorant? Maybe you are. UCLA was award the south division due to the fact a 10 & 2 USC team were under sanctions and not allowed to play the the CCG:lol:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every confernece has its good and bad teams. The difference is the SECs bad teams while they are bad are better than every other conferences bad teams.

didn't Washington st nearly beat auburn at home yes the same auburn playing florida st for championship....would Tennessee keep it close vs Oregon at home...oh wait we know the answer to that as that game was played already

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, you can't be that ignorant? Maybe you are. UCLA was award the south division due to the fact a 10 & 2 USC team were under sanctions and not allowed to play the the CCG:lol:

I did know but Alabama has to accept everyone of it's forfeited games. bowl bans and losses because of it's sanctions so it is what it is! :suds:

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Florida State is gonna poop on Auburn but threads like these make me hope otherwise. You SEC hater do realize you guys are the reason some of us eventually turn to pulling for our conference vs other conferences?

You guys create what you claim to hate so much.

On a side note I heard the Big 12 chant during the OU bama game, I guess the Big 12 fans have a full fledge Team Big 12 now. Glad you guys are out of the closet with it now at least.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Florida State is gonna poop on Auburn but threads like these make me hope otherwise. You SEC hater do realize you guys are the reason some of us eventually turn to pulling for our conference vs other conferences?

You guys create what you claim to hate so much.

On a side note I heard the Big 12 chant during the OU bama game, I guess the Big 12 fans have a full fledge Team Big 12 now. Glad you guys are out of the closet with it now at least.

They where just mocking the Sec more than anything. I've never heard that anywhere else before.

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They where just mocking the Sec more than anything. I've never heard that anywhere else before.

Give me a break, when Team SEC does it its because we are stupid and nutsack swing, but when fans of storied OU does it its done as a huge impromptu mocking. :lame:

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break, when Team SEC does it its because we are stupid and nutsack swing, but when fans of storied OU does it its done as a huge impromptu mocking. :lame:

I wish team sec would have existed back when usc blew out Arkansas and shut out auburn. I was at both games in sec country.

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish team sec would have existed back when usc blew out Arkansas and shut out auburn. I was at both games in sec country.

I hope you guys come back and beat both of those teams by 50 touchdowns each. USC is good for college football and I have no problem with them shit stomping teams like Arky and AU. LSU does it pretty regularly including this year.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this argument again:L

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been saying this all year

"What about Texas A&M and Missouri?" Stoops said. "They've been in the Big 12 for 100 years. … They don't seem to be overwhelmed in that league. And they haven't been ruling the Big 12 the entire time that they were here, right?"

This doesn't explain Texas A&M giving Oklahoma 2 new assholes in the Cotton Bowl...
And Georgia and Florida got decimated by injuries...
SCar was the only healthy team in the East and they beat Mizzou.

Next year will tell the tale. A&M had a once in a lifetime QB and Mizzou stayed healthier than everyone else.

Year 3 will provide clarity.

Also, if I remember correctly, the SEC had a SHITLOAD of defensive players drafted last year....
Like , a historic amount.
Then, this year, you had a TON of experienced QBs (AJ, Murray, Mettenberger, Manziel, Franklin, Shaw, Russell, Wallace, Driskel) some back the year after all of that defense departed. It was the perfect storm.

So this year, 2014, we will find out about Mizzou and Texas A&M, especially since they will both be replacing key starters on both sides of the ball. Mizzou will be in better shape than A&M because they have Mauk returning.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't explain Texas A&M giving Oklahoma 2 new assholes in the Cotton Bowl...

BamaTee and theSabanator were riding through downtown Tuscaloosa on an elephant...theSabanator had his earbuds in jamming on some sweet tunes...at every stoplight BamaTee would jump off of the elephant and disappear momentarily...theSabanator's curiosity finally got the best of him and he pulled out his earbuds and asked BamaTee "Hey man, what the heck are you doing at every stoplight?".

BamaTee replies "Well, I'm going to the back of the elephant and looking up under his tail".

"Why are you doing that?" theSabanator asks.

"Well, at every stoplight all of the people are saying LOOK AT THE TWO ASSHOLES ON THAT ELEPHANT."

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Georgia and Florida got decimated by injuries...
SCar was the only healthy team in the East and they beat Mizzou.

Next year will tell the tale. A&M had a once in a lifetime QB and Mizzou stayed healthier than everyone else.

Year 3 will provide clarity.

Also, if I remember correctly, the SEC had a SHITLOAD of defensive players drafted last year....
Like , a historic amount.
Then, this year, you had a TON of experienced QBs (AJ, Murray, Mettenberger, Manziel, Franklin, Shaw, Russell, Wallace, Driskel) some back the year after all of that defense departed. It was the perfect storm.

So this year, 2014, we will find out about Mizzou and Texas A&M, especially since they will both be replacing key starters on both sides of the ball. Mizzou will be in better shape than A&M because they have Mauk returning.

sounds like your calling it all a bunch of flukes...I though sec teams just reload not rebuild.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of God. :L

and my daughter said y'all deserve this. :bawling:

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like your calling it all a bunch of flukes...I though sec teams just reload not rebuild.

according to who? the talking heads who you guys have been complaining about?