• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blue Rhino Razor Griddle

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 3 burner gas grill was starting to show its age, so I've been looking at replacements. The wife likes grilled veggies and things that fall through the grates unless I used a mat, so griddles moved up in my search. Ended up choosing the Rhino over the Blackstone, mainly because of the grease collection and put on a couple layers of oil to season yesterday morning before testing it out with some burgers and squash and onions for dinner.

Going to have a soccer party in a couple weeks with a bunch of hungry kiddos and parents, so this will definitely take care of the burgers and dogs, while I'll break out the smoker for chicken and a couple racks of ribs.

20190511_164204.jpg 20190511_165832.jpg

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Blackstone's everywhere. Who carries the Blue Rhino?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Blackstone's everywhere. Who carries the Blue Rhino?

Got mine from Lowe's. Everything I've read is that they're very comparable and comes down to preference. I liked the grease drain better, plus I had a $100 gift card from Lowe's, so that sold it for me.

These are very tempting. I love cooking over fire but these are so versatile.

Yep, the size allows for larger gatherings without the flare ups. Plus I can throw in the veggies, cook breakfast, etc. Going to be used often this summer.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got mine from Lowe's. Everything I've read is that they're very comparable and comes down to preference. I liked the grease drain better, plus I had a $100 gift card from Lowe's, so that sold it for me.

Yep, the size allows for larger gatherings without the flare ups. Plus I can throw in the veggies, cook breakfast, etc. Going to be used often this summer.

Will you cook me eggs and summer sausage on it right now?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you cook me eggs and summer sausage on it right now?

Pouring down rain. The seasoning yesterday morning and the burgers last night were the only times this weekend that I've had a break in the weather. news said that 84% of our weekends this year in VA have been rainy. Breakfast for dinner by the fire pit will be coming up in a couple weeks once school's out.

Glad I mowed Friday, but my grass is loving it. Started the backyard (pictured) and half of my front yard completely over with new seed back at the end of March, so it's coming along. Will need to get rid of some weeds in the near future, but it's coming along.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably go an 80/20 or more fat at first so you get more rendering out of it, to season it up real good.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think you clean on these things too awfully much either.
300 or 400 degrees usually zaps anything.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably go an 80/20 or more fat at first so you get more rendering out of it, to season it up real good.

I don't see myself doing anything less, unless it's a trim cut of steak. Going by the local butchers for some ground beef and see what kind of grinds they have at the time.

I don't really think you clean on these things too awfully much either.
300 or 400 degrees usually zaps anything.

Much like the Japanese steakhouses, it's essentially a scrape down with a set cloth afterwards. Blue Rhino says to add another layer of oil and burn off for 10-15 minutes after.

You could make some badass tacos with that baby!!!

I'm sure I'll be asked to recreate some Philly cheese steaks in the future, especially now that my wife has found a place that can mimic the bread.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 3 burner gas grill was starting to show its age, so I've been looking at replacements. The wife likes grilled veggies and things that fall through the grates unless I used a mat, so griddles moved up in my search. Ended up choosing the Rhino over the Blackstone, mainly because of the grease collection and put on a couple layers of oil to season yesterday morning before testing it out with some burgers and squash and onions for dinner.

Going to have a soccer party in a couple weeks with a bunch of hungry kiddos and parents, so this will definitely take care of the burgers and dogs, while I'll break out the smoker for chicken and a couple racks of ribs.

View attachment 204920 View attachment 204921

So how do you like it after 3 years. ???