• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blow up the Phillies!!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he is looking like this?

jonathan-papelbon.jpg

I'll take her though

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc had 257/390 65%:suds:

Had to use the player finder tool on baseball reference:suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QS

The quality start was developed by sportswriter John Lowe in 1985 while writing for the philadelphia Inquirer

top 10:suds:

Tom Seaver (454 of 647, 70.2%)
Mel Stottlemyre (247 of 356, 69.4%)
Adam Wainwright (115 of 167, 68.8%)
Bob Gibson (328 of 482, 68%)
Josh Johnson (103 of 152, 67.7%)
Roy Oswalt (225 of 336, 67%)
Randy Johnson (403 of 603, 66.8%)
Jered Weaver (143 of 214, 66.8%)
Brandon Webb (132 of 198, 66.7%)
Pedro Martinez (273 of 409, 66.7%)

Which of these names are unlike the others?

Boy, Mel Stottlemyre looks really out of place here to me. Good for him though.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After losing Halladay, I now see where the Phillies are now chopping Cole Hammels, Cliff Lee, and Jonathan Papelbon.

Well, all that pitching. They were SET!!! Now, it seems a given that their G.M will now have to pay with his job for this going bad so spectacularily.

The Phillies will only deal Hamels or Lee if they can get good prospects AND shed all of their salary. Given that, the chances of a deal are remote.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much happened in the weeks before the winter meetings, that right now there is nothing going on. With the exception of Choo, who is expected to sign soon, there isn't much chatter with free agents. There is mostly trade talk and the biggest is the 3 team deal involving the D-Backs, White Sox and Angels.

The D-Backs get Mark Trumbo(from Angels)
The White Sox get Adam Eaton (from D-Backs)
The Angels get Tyler Skaggs (from D-Backs) and Hector Santiago (from White Sox)

The Angels may also kick back a prospect to Arizona.

Looks like the kind of deal that helps all teams and all are confident it can get done.

It looks like the 3-team trade has gone through as described above.

The D-Backs have to play Trumbo out of position in the OF (maybe 3B?), but they add another potent bat to go along with Goldschmidt.

The Angels get young, controllable pitching, but now have to rely more heavily on Pujols and Hamilton to help Trout.

The White Sox get an exciting young player that should help their offense.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After losing Halladay, I now see where the Phillies are now chopping Cole Hammels, Cliff Lee, and Jonathan Papelbon.

Well, all that pitching. They were SET!!! Now, it seems a given that their G.M will now have to pay with his job for this going bad so spectacularily.

heard that whoever takes Papelbon could get Dom Brown as part of package

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the 3-team trade has gone through as described above.

The D-Backs have to play Trumbo out of position in the OF (maybe 3B?), but they add another potent bat to go along with Goldschmidt.

The Angels get young, controllable pitching, but now have to rely more heavily on Pujols and Hamilton to help Trout.

The White Sox get an exciting young player that should help their offense.

Though the D-Backs kind of had a revolving door there last year, IMO, Trumbo will end up in LF, the spot Eaton played more often than not.

Now, the D-Backs have to hope that what happened to Jason Kubel does not happen to Trumbo ( a.k.a, that he keeps getting hurt, and forgets how to hit ).

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the three-team trade that will send Mark Trumbo to the Diamondbacks is "done."
Finally some action from this week's Winter Meetings. We're still waiting on an official announcement, but Piecoro hears that Trumbo and two players to be named later will head to the Diamondbacks while the Angels will receive Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago and Adam Eaton will be sent to the White Sox. The Angels were reluctant to move Trumbo, but he was their best chip to secure some upgrades in the rotation. And they were able to accomplish it here. As for the Diamondbacks, the acquisition of Trumbo should effectively take them out of the market for Shin-Soo Choo. The 27-year-old slugger is expected to play left field in Arizona and should get a boost in fantasy value while playing half of his games in a hitter-friendly ballpark.:suds:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He could set up Uehara, or maybe pitch the 7th inning ahead of Workman, Tazawa, Mujica, and Breslow.

They will not be able to unload that contract unless they take one back. There are too many closer-types still on the market.

Their best chance is to wait until spring training when all free agents have signed, and see if someone suffers an injury.

Hey...maybe the Yankees will take him. They seem to like getting former Red Sox players that have won a World Series.

I was a big Papelbon fan when he was here, but bringing back now would be more a nostalgia move than anything else. So if he wants to become a coach I could go along with it, but as a player? No, thanks.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back from the dead?

Former star Athletics and Cardinals pitcher Mark Mulder is hoping to return to the big leagues, ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports. Mulder, 36, struggled through shoulder injuries in the last several years of his career, which ended in 2009. He last pitched in the big leagues in 2008, and has not pitched more than 11 innings in a season since 2006. He currently works for ESPN as an analyst.
Crasnick reports that Mulder's comeback attempt began in October, spurred by an attempt to mimic the delivery of Dodgers reliever Paco Rodriguez. Mulder thinks Rodriguez's delivery may have helped him figure out how to pitch effectively again.
Representatives of three big-league teams watched Mulder pitch last month, and he says he threw 89-90 MPH. "To be honest with you, I never anticipated this five or six weeks ago," Mulder says. "It was just a flat-out fluke that came from me trying to imitate Paco Rodriguez in my living room."

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my boy Paco....Paco, Paco....

tell me saying his name doesn't remind you of Pac-Man eating pellets......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Prior finally retires

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior announced his retirement Monday after several attempts at a comeback, most recently with the Reds in Class AAA. Hey, he held out longer than teammate Kerry Wood, who retired in 2012. Prior's final major league stats: a 42-29 record with a 3.51 ERA and 757 strikeouts in 106 starts. Now, he's interested in a front-office job with the San Diego Padres, his hometown team.