• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2015-2016 Season Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Bowman's have extended Q for three years, reported 6 million.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, doesn't make sense to change what's working at the moment although Anisimov's illness shook things up a bit.

Well, I dont think we can say that Q does not trust Teuvos defense anymore since he has him on the PK unit. There were some exciting shifts for sure last night with him between Kane and Panarin. Looks like Bickell is back in the dog house too. I know they want to add better players, but that Drouin dude, where would he play? I think they need a third guy with a name like Dano, Danault to have an all Dano third or fourth line.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Work was atrocious in December. Finally starting to let up in mid-January.

My brother-in-law won 4 Hawks tickets to a luxury box on the 1st level. It was the Sens game where they honored Kaner for his points streak. Was an awesome experience. Was like being in a hotel. Catered food. Private bathroom. And the Hawks shutout Ottawa. We stayed a little after the game and were watching TV in the suite. I didn't want to leave.

Couple of thoughts on the season so far:
Kaner and Panarin look awesome.
In fact, Panarin has drastically eclipsed Teravainen, who was hyped more IMO.
Really impressed with the play of Shaw, Crawford, Desjardin and Rosival for different reasons.
The invisible: Bickell, Scuderi, and the aforementioned Teuvo.
Coach Q 2nd all-time. Nice.
10 wins and counting...
Miss Saad, Sharpie, and Kruger. At least Kruger may return in April.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Bickell, this vertigo blows. He is back on waivers, dont know if he goes back to Rockford if he clears or they do a buyout this time. Panik is just waiting for Shaw to have an off game to get his shot on the top line. I like the physicality he brings. Big get for Jeremy Morin. Teuvo has stepped up though, he is earning trust and playing on the PK, making really nice defensive plays backchecking too. Eventually he will get that second line center spot, man I was looking forward to the Anisimov flu game, it was like the globetrotters playing keep away. Anisimov really can improve on faceoffs, keep puck possession, but Panarin has taken steps defensively, started to shoot first enough where goaltenders do not play him for the pass anymore, and he has a wicked shot, one of those that disappears on slow motion. I liked the quote I read that he was on Kovalchuks team last year, played on his line and Panarin was the best player on that team.

Q just wants that rookie that can stick with the team and not get sent to rockford like they did Teuvo. They had it with Saad, now with Danault and Panarin. Danault did only play 6 games in rockford, most of the year was injury.

With all these kids producing, its still wondering which veteran forward they will sign to keep one of these kids in the rafters.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 straight...

200.gif

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching the Preds-Hawks... I swear I'm having flashbacks... Teuvo may be the Finnish reincarnation of Tony Amonte. Loads of talent with zero accuracy.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching the Preds-Hawks... I swear I'm having flashbacks... Teuvo may be the Finnish reincarnation of Tony Amonte. Loads of talent with zero accuracy.
I wouldnt give up yet, at least he is shooting which usually provide some rebound chances if someone is in front of the net. They are not like bickell or bollig taking wristers from the blue line that hit the goalie right in the glove.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks Make Early Morning Trade With Ducks

Now both Garbutt and Daley gone from the Sharpie trade.

About the same hit, but Garbutt had one more year remaining and Sekac will be a RFA at the end of the year, so bottom line, nobody will be left after this year.

13 game winning streak, bottom 6 vastly improved, still have talent in Rockford and lets make a move.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Panik late to the morning skate, actually, looked like every skater on the hawks were out late. Garbutt gone, Q dresses Scuderi to play forward 2 shifts and even though Crow stood on his head, hawks lose. Its all about the team, being fair to the team, but then you take away a streak record for the team. Maybe Q should have had him do the slap shot striptease after morning skate as punishment instead, now the streak record stays with Washington.

I assume this is going to have him rethinking Panik getting that top line shot.

Latest on Drouin is he was sent to play an AHL game and did not show up, so he got suspended. Tampa is losing prospects coming back for this kid.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a blogger:

I have heard from two solid sources in the last 24 hours that Stan Bowman is working very hard on multiple fronts, including:

1) Jonathan Drouin. Talks rekindled yesterday. No report on progress. Steve Yzerman's price is rumored to be reduced (go figure).

2) Mikkel Boedker. I have heard that new contract talks with Arizona are at a standstill, meanwhile the Coyotes have been skidding of late. Talks are heating up again with the Chicago—from two sources.

3) Viktor Rask. The Hawks have allegedly contacted Carolina again about the young centerman.

4) Mike Hoffman. Allegedly, there was a conversation about the talented Ottawa winger. And before Ottawa fans go completely off the reservation, relax. I have also heard Ottawa's price is likely prohibitively high, as in Teuvo Teravainen, Ville Pokka and a 1st round pick.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks cant get out of their own way in florida. terrible showing last night, another slow inept effort, I guess its not a fluke that Dale has the Florida Panthers right up where he got the hawks before he left. I will still pick our hawks in a 7 game series, but gotta end a losing skid after such a great run.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Marc McNeil has been recalled from Rockford for his first shot on the team. Maybe its a hoax, link isnt opening. Surprised Jake Dowell was not getting a shot.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smoked by the hurricaines, eddie made a few references to the schedule catching up with the hawks, Toews tried to go, apparently has this bug that is going around.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headlines in chicago, the hawks have lost 3 of 4 entering the all star break, Danny Mac had a nice response this morning, saying the hawks have won 13 out of 16 entering the break. This town can be so negative.

McNeil immediately sent down to rockford, hopefully he gets another shot here down the road, but they might have just shown what he looks like on NHL ice for their upcoming trade.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of this break definitely couldn't have been better...