• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2015-2016 Season Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Joe, Good to see you. hope things are ok.

Panarin was a gift. I heard he played with Kovalchuk last year and Panarin was the noticeable one. Sure seems his playing with a superstar already really helped make the transition to kane and the language barrier. He makes any line dangerous. Stans really did an outstanding job replacing Sharp.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite giving up 3 goals, I thought it was Crawford who really won that game last night. I didn't think any of the goals were his fault, and he made some absolutely spectacular saves.

I've read rumors that both Trevor Daley and Andrew Desjardins are on the trade block.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that glove save in the net highlight, looked much cleaner than the shot Dano got robbed on when the goalie caught it in the net.

I can understand Daley being on the block, something is just not right with him in this system. I thought he would be a Leddy type to carry the puck up on a rush but he is usually behind. I guess it pays huge respect for Rosie last year of playing with a different partner every game. TVR is solid, thought they would have gelled more, plus the way both kids played was really promising.

Desjardins seems like a really good role player, I really dont know why they are kicking Krueger up to the third line at home when Teuvo and Kero there to center. Just seems like they have that role player in Shaw and Garbutt, a little of Manshitter so I guess there is some redundancy with Desjardins and he is probably the guy out of the three that might get something back. I was actually surprised they resigned him so quick. Maybe they thought he would have turned down a low offer.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually surprised they resigned him so quick. Maybe they thought he would have turned down a low offer.

I think he gelled so well on the 4th line in the playoffs that he thought it was worth taking a little less $$$ to get what he thought was a guaranteed spot in the line-up on a championship caliber team.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travis Hamonic looking to be traded closer to home, which is near Winnipeg. Would Chicago be close enough? Daley and a non-NHL roster prospect for Hamonic?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Chicago blogger:

"I heard today that the Blackhawks have inquired about Hamonic...the Blackhawks have a more acute need at defense than probably most realize, and would possibly include Marko Dano or Teuvo Teravainen along with a credible NHL blue liner in a package for Hamonic."

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its easy to get excited about either Teuvo or Dano, but they are both sharing time as healthy scratches now that the bigger money of Keith and Rosie are skating each game while they have Hossa skating with Krueger..

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Chicago blogger:

As first reported here, the Blackhawks are involved in discussions with the Carolina Hurricanes. Two names I did NOT hear mentioned in association with these discussions were Bryan Bickell and Eric Staal.

In fact, I specifically heard the talks are not around Staal.

Two players whose names I have heard (and I believe more names would be involved were a deal to happen) are Hawk winger Andrew Desjardins, and Carolina C/W Viktor Rask.

Rask has plus hockey sense and playmaking ability, decent size, a two-way game, although he is not terribly physical and only an average skater. Still, I am told, the Hawks see him as a top 6 LW—something the team sorely lacks.

No deal is imminent, but it sounds like the teams are talking.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, that was some of the most clutch hockey we have seen from the boys this year. Unbelievable, two goals within 2 minutes to close the third to tie and Anisimov roofs one in overtime.

Liked seeing that line of Teuvo, Dano and Hossa, but I dont know how you can sit Teuvo three games straight and not expect some bad passes and it seems to put him back in the dog house.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then they switch places and give one right back to the kings.

All in all a 8/12 possible point scenario for the circus trip is pretty good. That overtime was pretty awesome last night for both sides. This 3 on 3 is exciting.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another really strong period to comeback against Ottawa, just to get a too many men and give back the lead, but then made overtime with another sweet dish by kaner.

What a line. after the first period the experts were saying they need to get Panarin off that line lol. line ended up with 8 or 9 points for the night, shaw and garbutt went with Krueger more giving Toews Hoss and Teuvo for a while, but when the hawks were fast in the second, they dominated, slowed down and got hit hard and often.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Tikhonov waived Saturday, signed with Arizona sunday. Bickell back on the big club. No word if Tiko asked for his release or it was a Bowmans decision.

Needed to clear space to get Bickell back, Tikhonov was a good team mate to get Panarin acclimated to the states, lots of positive remarks for his selfless attitude, but with three lines not producing at all, you would think maybe playing Tiko might have been a wiser move.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes!! 22 straight for Kaner, awesome go ahead of Hull with the point streak with a hand pass from the defensive zone to Panarin to bury a long empty netter with 1:45 left.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I haven't been on the boards recently, I was on vacation and then have been struggling to get caught up at work. Thanks for keeping the updates going, ai!!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the streak is really weighing on Kane. Dan Roan brought up 33 more to catch Gretsky after sundays game. prick.

anyway, kane let a 140 foot shot fly while Q kept him on the ice with a variety of lines with the open net. Would have been icing if he missed, but they were up 2 with a little over a minute left. Lets hope he gets a point early tomorrow in Nashville.

Runblad also have a couple really nice defensive plays, once with a lefty stick blocking a shot, but then gave a way a break away opportunity at the blue line in the third. Really surprised the swede did not get called back up.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville simply beat the hell out of the hawks. Shaw scraps, Rosie gets called to fight and Desjardins stepps in, both were not even close weight classes. Krueger stole a puck sticking out from under Rinnes pad and got Kane his 24th straight, but Kane is pressing. Not much help at all for Darling that first period, couple 2-0 with no forward or defender close to the net in the first period, made some incredible saves, probably let two or three in that just a little d help would have allowed him to stop.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teuvo had a really nice game, he made this incredible defensive play at the offensive blue line to knock the puck away and stop what might have been a 3 on 1, then made an incredible pass to Kane on a shook up powerplay line for kaners 25th straight game with a point on a shot that might have gotten in the top corner of the net sideways brushing the iron there was that little space.

Manshinter suited up and those Jets taking liberties with late hits did not happen this game.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the blowout against Nashville was a wake-up call. Hopefully they can sustain the momentum.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, kane up to 26. Kane passes to Keith, Keith to Panarin for a one timer, Panarin back to keith for the deflecting goal. Ends up getting second assist.

Teuvo playing better, a third line of Shaw Rasmussen and Bickell actually producing is making the difference, with Kruger back to the fourth line.