• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2015-2016 Season Thread

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gustafsson looked fairly good, too. Might be the answer at the 6th spot until Keith returns, allowing the RDs to play on their preferred side like we discussed before, and split time with Rundblad in the 7/8 role afterwards. Top 2 lines looked good, but the bottom 2 lines continue to contribute squat offensively. This has to change if the Hawks really want to make a run this year.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at least encouraged that we are actually seeing some scoring chances from that third line. Compared to last season, that third line was basically biding time for the top lines to get back out there. But I really dont care if the fourth line scores if the forecheck and keep the puck possession and the other teams top line in their defensive zone. If it sticks with Kero, Teuvo and eventually Dano on that third line when Hoss gets back there is at least some hope.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was a whole lot of WTF?!?!

Crawford was poor. So were Hammer, TVR, and Svedberg. Did Anisimov win a single faceoff? I didn't see it if he did. But, it's still early and Q is still experimenting with the roster to see what he really has so no reason to read too much into it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not many games you can say that the weeble outcoached Q, but the pull the goalie for one stoppage instead of a time out was brilliant. Crow was terrible but Q never seemed to consider putting Darling in. I still see Panarin making some incredible passes, but without being able to sit next to Anisimov when the shift is over and get something explained to him is something that was working before but not split up.

How about that third line? Dont know how much longer Hossa will be out, but I like watching Teuvo with Kane, but until Panarin can communicate better and actually understand he needs to be with Anisimov or another russian speaking player.

Svedberg is doing a job, I do not know how his passes make it out to center ice and hitting players right on the stick. They look like they are easily telegraphed and it sure seems like he might start giving up a ton. It was awesome in preseason, Eddie pointed out how Svedberg always stick handled right before clearing. It was always a back side of the blade to forehand move that he got rid of just moving the puck down the ice now.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hossa will likely miss Friday's game as well, but should be back next week. Rozsival might be ready next week as well. Keith is supposedly still on track to return by the end of the month.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbutt has been one of the best players, got taken off that top line during the game though with the juggling, at least Panarin was with Tiko for a while so there might have been some discussions. Just another terrible start for Crow, thats two straight bad games, dont know if he is hiding some injury or back to partying too much. Its pretty bad when the defense does not look all that bad. Looking to see some big mixup for tomorrow night, they cant keep falling in this division.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win, but it's clear this team still has a few issues. TT is not the answer on the 1st line. He's too soft. I'd rather they give Dano a chance to grow in that role. The 3rd and 4th lines are still sub-par. The D overall is so-so. Svedberg in particular still has a long way to go. In fairness, a chunk of this improves simply by getting a healthy Keith back.

On a positive note, Crawford and the 2nd line were outstanding.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Mashinter looks like he'll be making his Blackhawks debut tonight on the 4th line.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah and Keith was cleared for contact already, might be back with in two games

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess four days off and then back to backs, pretty sure Q is looking to sunday. I just cannot believe he is back from that surgery. I know he has that enlarged super human heart, I guess it speeds his healing too.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shaw is supposed to be skating on the top line with Toews and Hossa tonite. would leave the possible Dano, Kero and Teuvo as the third line with Garbutt still out.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I guess the top line is Kane, Panarin and Anisimov. Lots of speed and decent play with the third and fourth lines, think Dano finds his way to the Toews line by one of the games this weekend.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan Keith and Michal Rozsival will play tomorrow vs. St. Louis, Q says. #Blackhawks

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Duncan Keith is just out of this world physical speciman. Only missed 10 games. Cheap shot by Backass and Toews fights him again. I thought thats what Manshitter is up her for, at least thats what Pat keeps calling him lol. Chew them up and shit them out? Definitely necessary on a cheap shot to hammer. More importantly, beating them on the ice.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice bounce back for Darling, another nice mix on the third line, Kruger up centering it. I remember Toews saying how Krueger is really sacrificing himself for the team by taking the fourth line role, maybe he is finally moving on up? Kinda think home and away matchups will play into him being on third or fourth line, but finally having three lines being dangerous is a luxury we have not seen for a while, with a fourth line that can be pesky and keep a puck in their zone for their shift.

As soon as Keith and Rosie were back they went back to vets. Lets hope these kids keep playing well so the stans dont move to betterans at the deadline again.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, top 3 lines looked good and the 4th line held it's own. Only true weakness I saw was the Daley/Rozsival pairing on D, but I'll cut Rozy some slack for a few games. Also, Kero seems to be struggling a bit in a defensive role. Might be better served back in Rockford for now if he can't crack the top 9. Still, we saw how much Keith is the one who really makes this team go.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, top 3 lines looked good and the 4th line held it's own. Only true weakness I saw was the Daley/Rozsival pairing on D, but I'll cut Rozy some slack for a few games. Also, Kero seems to be struggling a bit in a defensive role. Might be better served back in Rockford for now if he can't crack the top 9. Still, we saw how much Keith is the one who really makes this team go.

Thats the one place I will always have a problem with Q. Fine, you got the big win in St Louis, statement game, let Rosie watch the second of the back to backs. There should be no reason for him to play in back to backs at this point of the season, even if he did not just come back from injury.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much yet.
Have watched less than a dozen games so far.
Last game I watched was the Oilers game. That game was painful to watch. Hawks looked terrible and still managed to win.
Really impressed with Panarin.
Thanks for keeping the board going!