• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Monday

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL season has ended. 20 Teams are emptying their lockers and heading home to watch 12 teams compete for the Super Bowl.

The NFL Network has pretty much said that 25% of those teams not continuing have fired their head coaches and one head coach is officially retiring.

1. Denver Broncos
2. Los Angeles Rams
3. San Diego Chargers
4. San Francisco 49ers
5. Jacksonville Jaguars
6. Buffalo Bills

There may be as many as three more head coaches out of work by the end of today as well as a few General Managers.

Those 3 teams could be....

New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals
Arizona Cardinals

As usual, the same old retreads are scrambling trying to at least get a meeting with the owners of the six known openings. The big question is.....why would any owner hire a head coach who has a history of losing everywhere he's coached?

Like these guys....

Rex Ryan
Jeff Fisher
Chip Kelly

Will anyone be able to pull young coordinators like Josh McDaniels or Matt Patricia away from Bill Belichick?

Will any owner be able to wait until the playoffs are over to hire an offensive or defensive coordinator from the Patriots, Seahawks, Lions, Chiefs, or Dolphins???

Who do you think will be the new coaches??

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Josh Mcdaniels may be the hottest HC candidate, with his HC track record, and the track record of Pats assistants, its a pretty sad state of affairs in the coaching search department

Adam Scheftler even pointed out that Houston is a spot to keep an eye on, that if they were to be embarrassed again this week, Bill O'Brien is not as safe as some people think....Ownership seems to realize that Houston is a mediocre team that was the product of a historically bad division

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More worried about losing Chris Ballard to be the 49ers GM (and taking Toub with him) than Sutton who is in his 70's. And if anyone wants to hire Nagy or Brad Childress, their funeral.

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Gawd I hope no desperate teams will go and hire Chip Kelly. Has has totally proved his system will NOT work in the NFL. It was good for half a year in Philly but then everybody caught on and his coaching turned to crap. Go back to coaching college where it still might work.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised if Indianapolis is looking for a new head coach in the coming days. Kyle Shanahan seems to be one of the hottest names out there as well. Also looks like Tom Coughlin will find his way back to the sidelines soon.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Gawd I hope no desperate teams will go and hire Chip Kelly. Has has totally proved his system will NOT work in the NFL. It was good for half a year in Philly but then everybody caught on and his coaching turned to crap. Go back to coaching college where it still might work.

Kidding me? Watching inept FOs further tank their franchise with coaches like Chip Kelly is where I get my squeals from each NFL season. I'm hoping Chip goes to the Colts next. Seems like something the Colts would do because Irsay is the 3rd dumbest owner in the league (outside of York/Kroenke) and it'd be funny to see Luck completely screwed over.

My backup choice is the Jets. Always funny to watch the Jets fail. Dunno why... the Jets are due for a 1-15 tank season.

One could argue the Browns, but I kind of genuinely just feel bad for them now. It's like watching everyone in Jr. High buy 3 packs of Star Wars cards and getting Luke Skywalkers, Darth Vaders, etc. and after you spend 2 Christmas', birthday cash, etc. you've only got fucking Mon Mothma. Eventually the Gods have to step in.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised if Indianapolis is looking for a new head coach in the coming days. Kyle Shanahan seems to be one of the hottest names out there as well. Also looks like Tom Coughlin will find his way back to the sidelines soon.

I don't know how Grigson is keeping his job. Pagano gets fired, he'll be getting 5 offers the 1st day. I wouldn't let Grigson manage a mud wrestling contest.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how Grigson is keeping his job. Pagano gets fired, he'll be getting 5 offers the 1st day. I wouldn't let Grigson manage a mud wrestling contest.....

Agreed. Pagano has made some mistakes along the way but he is working with a FO/Owner that just have no clue what they are doing. I mean they have lucked into 2 franchise QB's over the last 20 years and have done just about everything possible to ruin the career of these guys. Manning covered up a lot of stink in that organization. I found it so funny when they cut Manning and Irsay said something about they are looking to build a team that can actually go win Championships not MVP's. Well that MVP is the only reason you even stood a chance at Super Bowl victories.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SF story is something, now 4 coaches in 4 years. Ironically, the only other team to do that? The Niners in the late 70's. Then they hired Walsh and the rest, as they say, is history.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one honestly shocks me. Bowles looked like he completely lost the locker room the last month of the season.

Am I the only one that thinks that Bowles is laughing after the Jets make another bad play?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15873069_10211537617780430_8993130979594428487_n.jpg

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor this morning is that the 49ers have requested a double permission to talk to Josh McDaniels for the HC job AND Nick Caserio for the President of Football Operation and General Manager position. The SF owner Jed (whatever) has quietly said he wants them as a package and will give them both a 5 year contract to turn the 49ers into the Patriots West.

Another rumor is that BB has already called Chip Kelly. If JD goes west, Kelly could be the OC of the NEP. Kelly is a brilliant offensive mind and was OC at UNH before he turned around Oregon.

The last rumor is that the Chargers have on one candidate that they really want to interview.....Matt Patricia. After the last three HC have been offensive types, owner want to get a top defensive guy in to see if that can get the Chargers back into the playoffs.

by all rules in the NFL, everyone has to have a diversity candidate interview, which just makes the candidate feel more discriminated against because he was the "Black/African American/Minority" nic-nack.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one honestly shocks me. Bowles looked like he completely lost the locker room the last month of the season.

I don't think he lost the players...they seem to like/respect Bowles, they're just really, really, really tired of losing.