• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Mirror

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t like Crocodile? I thought it was dark as hell, but a good watch.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t like Crocodile? I thought it was dark as hell, but a good watch.
I just couldn't get into that one. It reminded me a lot of Shut Up and Dance where the main character just keeps digging themselves a deeper hole except the huge difference for me was that I just didn't find her (can't think of the character name but I keep thinking she reminded me of Anne Heche) likeable. I agree it was dark though. Nothing was as awful as Arkangel. That was an episode that easily could've been cut in half and gotten the same message across. It felt a lot longer than the 52 minute run time.
I think at a later date if I rewatch the series again, a lot of the middle order would probably change quite a bit. But I still think that the top three or four and the bottom three or four would definitely stay the same for me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

never understood why these anthologies take so long... there is no connection between episodes, or at least very minimal... so they can all be shot at the same time.... in fact, what i would do is throw the gauntlet down, and make it known to amateur directors/producers that black mirror would entertain using their episodes... would bring a whole extra funk to it... especially for a show this popular...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never understood why these anthologies take so long... there is no connection between episodes, or at least very minimal... so they can all be shot at the same time.... in fact, what i would do is throw the gauntlet down, and make it known to amateur directors/producers that black mirror would entertain using their episodes... would bring a whole extra funk to it... especially for a show this popular...
I think it would definitely make things go faster but I guess that after the scripts, you have to find your locations, crew, actors, etc... so that takes a while.
There is a music video from a group called Starset called Monster that I think would make for a good premise for a Black Mirror episode.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would definitely make things go faster but I guess that after the scripts, you have to find your locations, crew, actors, etc... so that takes a while.
There is a music video from a group called Starset called Monster that I think would make for a good premise for a Black Mirror episode.

I really like my idea that they should outsource their episodes to amateurs... i think there would be some great episodes... would also make the show a phenomenon...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Black Mirror is a current version of the Twilight Zone, except with each episode intertwined with another episode, which the TZ didn't really do. Like TZ some episodes are hit and miss, I like what was suggested with White Christmas but didn't care too much for the White Bear episode. Black Museum and Hang the DJ are great episodes, season four is considered the best and it lives up to the biling. Crocodile was good until the ending, Arkangel hits home if you are a parent, defining a kid's privacy and its impact.

Exactly. I'm new to it and watched National Anthem and The Entire History of You last night. I really enjoyed National Anthem, but thought they could have done a lot more with the core concept of The Entire History of You. It was decent watch, though. I'll be back .. and I like the fact that every episode is self contained. I'll probably jump around based upon recommendations I read about.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'm new to it and watched National Anthem and The Entire History of You last night. I really enjoyed National Anthem, but thought they could have done a lot more with the core concept of The Entire History of You. It was decent watch, though. I'll be back .. and I like the fact that every episode is self contained. I'll probably jump around based upon recommendations I read about.
It is KINDA self contained. There are little references hidden in some eps to past eps. There is some kind of shared universe.

That said, jumping around is fine, but just make sure to watch Black Museum last. It has lots of background eastereggs to lots of other eps.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched these so far -

White Bear
White Christmas
National Anthem
Shut Up and Dance
San Junipero
Entire History of You

White Bear was freaky as hell.. very unsettling to me on several levels which is what good sci-fi should be, imo. White Christmas I also enjoyed, though they lost me a bit with some of the "science", which made some of the payoffs harder to relate to. National Anthem I liked as well. The other 3 were sort of meh. They were ok, but if I hadn't watched them I wouldn't have missed anything. So I've decided that I don't need to watch all of them and I'm looking for recommendations based upon these opinions.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched...

Black Museum
Sheep Fucker
The Star Trek knockoff one
The robot dog one
The Dating App
Arkangel

damn, I've almost watched all of season 4

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched...

Black Museum
Sheep Fucker
The Star Trek knockoff one
The robot dog one
The Dating App
Arkangel

damn, I've almost watched all of season 4

The dating app was great.

But I wish they would just release episode at a time ...I can't hep but to rip through them.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dating app was great.

But I wish they would just release episode at a time ...I can't hep but to rip through them.

that one was cool. I watched it with my gf, who I met though a dating app.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched these so far -

White Bear
White Christmas
National Anthem
Shut Up and Dance
San Junipero
Entire History of You

White Bear was freaky as hell.. very unsettling to me on several levels which is what good sci-fi should be, imo. White Christmas I also enjoyed, though they lost me a bit with some of the "science", which made some of the payoffs harder to relate to. National Anthem I liked as well. The other 3 were sort of meh. They were ok, but if I hadn't watched them I wouldn't have missed anything. So I've decided that I don't need to watch all of them and I'm looking for recommendations based upon these opinions.
Shut up and Dance was great. I love those dark ones that make you go ugggh. Crocodile is even more dark than that one...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the point of a Black Mirror movie since some of their episodes are already 90 mins, but I am now officially psyched about tomorrow!!!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the point of a Black Mirror movie since some of their episodes are already 90 mins, but I am now officially psyched about tomorrow!!!
I think there is a choose your own adventure aspect to it, so there are a ton or various endings that you could get

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that they filmed 5 hours worth of the movie due to all the choices that the viewer can make during the movie. This seems like a really good concept. I hope its not poorly done. Very excited to watch this tonight.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Christmas
USS Callister
Hang the DJ
San Junipero
Hated in the Nation
Shut up and Dance
Entire History of you
Playtest
Black Museum
15 million merits
Nose Dive
National Anthem
White Bear
Be Right Back
Arkangel
Crocodile
Men against fire
Waldo moment

Metalhead

That’s my power rankings. Can’t wait to see Bandersnatch tonight.