• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Belichick speaks today

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say again -- vigorous rubbing, of the balls.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB: "After an intense, thorough, exhausting internal investigation headed myself, I have cleared myself of any wrong doing."

That's exactly what it reads like.

Still waiting to find out the real story, but I think people who passed 1st grade science understand that it wasn't some magic combination of weather and rubbing footballs.

Brady and/or equipment managers did it, or NFL officials did it. Those are the 2 scenarios we're dealing with. If you believe Brady and company about NE having absolutely zero complicity in it, then it means you think that officials did it, which might very well be the case. Nobody knows yet.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see that your are so bull headed that you cannot think outside the box...

yes, it's bull headed to think that it wasn't magic that made the footballs below regulation.

so bull headed.

i just want to know what the fuck happened in reality, not some fantasy hypothetical bend the rules of physics land of make believe.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......hey,.....did bill say he was getting Marisa tomei to explain things.....??

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what it reads like.

Still waiting to find out the real story, but I think people who passed 1st grade science understand that it wasn't some magic combination of weather and rubbing footballs.

Brady and/or equipment managers did it, or NFL officials did it. Those are the 2 scenarios we're dealing with. If you believe Brady and company about NE having absolutely zero complicity in it, then it means you think that officials did it, which might very well be the case. Nobody knows yet.

You are behind in facts Sir.

The NFL released a statement that said that the officials has tested the balls with a pressure gauge prior to and at half time. I beg you to go actually read the facts before spewing more bullshit.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, it's bull headed to think that it wasn't magic that made the footballs below regulation.

so bull headed.

i just want to know what the fuck happened in reality, not some fantasy hypothetical bend the rules of physics land of make believe.

Once again Sir. You have not been keeping up on this subject and are in some ways making yourself look dumber than Midnight Angel.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL released a statement that said that the officials has tested the balls with a pressure gauge prior to and at half time. .

well, if the NFL said it, it has to be the complete truth.

for reasonable people, either NE did it, or officials did it.

...and then there's a 3rd option for those who believe in magic weather and rubbing.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if the NFL said it, it has to be the complete truth.

for reasonable people, either NE did it, or officials did it.

...and then there's a 3rd option for those who believe in magic weather and rubbing.

So to be clear you believe the NFL is in bed with hammerdown...Oppps I mean Robert Kraft and just looks the other way...:L

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at cezero's meltdown on the subject:pound:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok,just for fucks sake....

Say the cold weather did play an effect on the balls....just thinking here.

And it wassss like 45-50 that day?

Say that the temp did drop those balls that far to deflate them at .2 psi lower......

Well say all these other football games that have been played in colder weather games,would the balls be even deflated more?

Lets take the ice bowl for instance....

Did they play with balls that look like this:

images

The colder it is,the more the ball would deflate......am I correct?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok,just for fucks sake....

Say the cold weather did play an effect on the balls....just thinking here.

And it wassss like 45-50 that day?

Say that the temp did drop those balls that far to deflate them at .2 psi lower......

Well say all these other football games that have been played in colder weather games,would the balls be even deflated more?

Lets take the ice bowl for instance....

Did they play with balls that look like this:

images

The colder it is,the more the ball would deflate......am I correct?

Don't know, where there rules back in those days regarding the actual pressure of a football? If not did people pump them up as they deflated?

Can't cross compare.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikmen said Brady is lying..Good enough for me.

Pile on folks

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ok..fair enough..How about the games being played in GB,Chi,NY,Pitt,Ciin,Cle and more then........This rule did not just come in effect this year.
How many cold weather games have been played over say the last 20 years?

Sheesh..........think man think.Take the blinders off.

This rule is rather recent. Not this year but not long ago. I'm going to guess, because I don't feel like looking up the exact date at the moment. that it's within the last 5 years.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rule is rather recent. Not this year but not long ago. I'm going to guess, because I don't feel like looking up the exact date at the moment. that it's within the last 5 years.

Ok then,how many cold games were played in the last 5 yrs?

no matter how you spin,or when the rule was set.........When the weather gets colder and colder,do the balls deflate even more?

How long does it take a ball to sit outside for the ball to deflate?

when the ball are not in use during the cold weather games,dfo these balls sit next to a heater on the sidelines?

questions that need to be answered.......

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no matter how you spin,or when the rule was set.........When the weather gets colder and colder,do the balls deflate even more?

when the ball are not in use during the cold weather games,dfo these balls sit next to a heater on the sidelines?

Did you watch the press con?

I'll have to evaluate it more tomorrow, but Bill B. just dropped a boom hammer on the media and people who question the Patriots.

In the mean time, can you discount/disprove what he put forth?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the press con?

I'll have to evaluate it more tomorrow, but Bill B. just dropped a boom hammer on the media and people who question the Patriots.

In the mean time, can you discount/disprove what he put forth?

No I did not....sorry.
But I`m sure highlights will be on.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PV = nRT

To make the claim that the temperature caused the reduction in pressure of the balls from 12.5 PSI to 10.5 PSI, the balls would have had to been inflated in a room with 90 degree (Fahrenheit) air (given the ~ 50 degree temperature on the field at game time.)

I don't know, maybe you can vigorously rub a ball to get it's temperature up to a point that you add one full PSI... but then you turned in balls that were out of regulation to begin with.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The obvious answer is yes they deflate. Ever leave one in your garage over the winter? The heater part is a no no now after the Vikes, I think it was, got caught heating them up on the sidelines.

Ultimately I agree lots of questions need to be answered.