• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors Abound: Washington, Oregon, FSU, Clemson to the Big 10 as soon as this week?

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple sites making this claim, including Athlon, SI and Yahoo sports…

I know a rumor is a rumor, but…

As an FSU fan/alum, I have been hoping that if the ACC cannot be salvaged that we go to the Big 10…

Guess we’ll see!
The B1G wants AAU schools.
From the Tallahassee Democrat:
"Scanning recent university press releases, one might think that Florida State University is on a rocket ride to national prominence. This false narrative was brought into sharp relief last month when the Association of American Universities (AAU) looked at eligible Florida public universities and selected the University of South Florida over FSU for membership.
USF joins UF as the only Florida public universities that are members of the AAU."

Oregon and Washington are AAU members.

The National High Magnetic Field Laboratory at Florida State University is located at Innovation Park.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clemson would be stupid to leave the acc.they have dominated since they have been a member.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dog eat dog world now.

Washington and Oregon leave their in-state brothers behind. B10 and SEC are now going to engulf the ACC.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G should now add Stanford and Cal and then call it quits. USC and UCLA probably wouldn't be happy but they started the whole destruction cycle.
Sure, the Maryland and Rutgers of the West Coast!

Dingus

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G should now add Stanford and Cal and then call it quits. USC and UCLA probably wouldn't be happy but they started the whole destruction cycle.
Take Stanford, Cal, and figure out someone else, maybe Utah, and have a western division. It's the only way this particular realignment isn't extra obnoxious

Dingus

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, the Maryland and Rutgers of the West Coast!
USC
Washington
Oregon
UCLA
Utah
Stanfod
Cal

would be a solid division.

It shits all over the current Big 10 West.

Dingus

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah to the B1G makes about as much sense as Clemson
None of this makes sense. But Utah is the last school unspoken for that's not an academic embarrassment, and they've got a solid program, so hop on board and let's make this western division happen so it at least makes a little sense.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this makes sense. But Utah is the last school unspoken for that's not an academic embarrassment, and they've got a solid program, so hop on board and let's make this western division happen so it at least makes a little sense.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Utah is NOT an academic embarrassment?

Dang, they let ANYbody into the AAU these days

Dingus

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Utah is NOT an academic embarrassment?

Dang, they let ANYbody into the AAU these days
I know nothing of their academics, honestly I just searched the AAU list in an attempt to keep some of the band together.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G wants AAU schools.
From the Tallahassee Democrat:
"Scanning recent university press releases, one might think that Florida State University is on a rocket ride to national prominence. This false narrative was brought into sharp relief last month when the Association of American Universities (AAU) looked at eligible Florida public universities and selected the University of South Florida over FSU for membership.
USF joins UF as the only Florida public universities that are members of the AAU."

Oregon and Washington are AAU members.

The National High Magnetic Field Laboratory at Florida State University is located at Innovation Park.
Yeah well… Nebraska kinda went and fucked that all up for them, so…

…and Big 10 officials are on record as saying (as recently as this June) that AAU membership is not a requirement.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone left in the ACC or PAC would be fools not to leave tomorrow if they can and given the opportunity. I look for 8 schools to vote out the GOR once they find a landing spot. It is complicated and may take awhile.
B1G and SEC will take who they want and B12 will get the scraps.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nothing of their academics, honestly I just searched the AAU list in an attempt to keep some of the band together.
They are a top 50 public university. Their business school in particular is good.

Also a fantastic research institute.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone left in the ACC or PAC would be fools not to leave tomorrow if they can and given the opportunity. I look for 8 schools to vote out the GOR once they find a landing spot. It is complicated and may take awhile.
B1G and SEC will take who they want and B12 will get the scraps.
I feel as though FSU has an offer on the table. The sudden urgency to get out of the ACC, and the fact that they alone are the ones making a spectacle leads me to believe that they have been told they have a spot if they can get out (and in the process, open up the ACC to additional raiding)…

It would have to be the Big 10 or SEC, as I feel the Big 12 is probably seen as a fallback option that will be there that wouldn’t precipitate this kind of urgency.

That said. I wonder if it behooves ESPN to alter the deal to keep the ACC together? They have to know that the conference is ready to implode. They have it within their power to actually save it, but maybe the buyouts are worth more to them?