• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 7

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st 4: Alabama, Penn St, Georgia, TCU

2nd 4: Wisconsin, Ohio St, USC, Clemson

3rd 4: Miami, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Virginia Tech

Analysis: Alabama is a strong number at this point. But the season has a long way to go. Above, are my ratings as of right now, but here’s how I think it will end. In alphabetical order here are my final 4 for the playoffs. Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame, and Ohio St. All 4 will win out in the regular season. That means 3 of the 5 power conferences will have no representative. The Big 12 is too competitive and no one will finish with less than 2 losses. The PAC has only USC left and they will lose to ND this weekend. Only Clemson will finish out with all wins, depending on the QB situation.

Most surprising: TCU, Georgia, Miami, UCF and No Carolina St

Analysis: TCU must win out to claim a playoff berth. Miami is winning but appears shaky. Still a very good season. NC St could yet sneak up and win the ACC. UCF and South Florida will battle for the group of 6 playoff position.

Most disappointing: Florida St, Baylor, Brigham Young, Nebraska and Tennessee

Analysis: Florida St has to rank as the biggest disappointment because of their number 3 ranking. Nebraska continues to struggle in the Big 10 as their recruiting seems to be down again. I expected Baylor to be down, but not this down. Tennessee is just playing out the season.

Heisman Trophy: Saquon Barkley, Baker Mayfield, Bryce Love, Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph

Analysis: The order is exactly the same as last week. Despite the losses, Lamar Jackson accounted for another 500 yards. Hard to leave him off because of that. Ultimately I see Baker Mayfield triumphing over Saquon Barkley at the end.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Notre Dame-USC; Penn St-Michigan; Oklahoma St-Texas.

Analysis: ND-USC could determine a playoff spot. One of the two, I predict will make it. Penn St has had a relatively easy schedule to date, but the big games are coming up. Michigan, though, may be starting to fade. Texas will not get any playoff spot, but Okie St could. They must beat Texas or be out as a challenger to Oklahoma. Picks: Notre Dame, Penn St and Oklahoma St.

Big games in the regular season: Washington-Washington St, Ohio St-Penn St, Alabama-Auburn, Clemson-N Carolina St, Georgia-Florida, USC-Notre Dame, TCU-Oklahoma, Oklahoma-Oklahoma St

Analysis: Wisconsin has to win out including the CCG in order to make the playoffs. Same for Ohio St. If Penn St can beat OSU in 2 weeks they are almost a lock to win the Big 10. TCU also has to go undefeated, but I don’t see that happening. Clemson-NC State could be for a playoff spot.