• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest surprise performance so far?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I expected Callahan to play well but with last years injury seeming to leave a lot of doubt it has been a great bonus with him playing so well that is for sure. I don’t see RB high on our draft list next year. Maybe the year after, we will see.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I expected Callahan to play well but with last years injury seeming to leave a lot of doubt it has been a great bonus with him playing so well that is for sure. I don’t see RB high on our draft list next year. Maybe the year after, we will see.
Gordon might not make it to a 2nd year and $8 million. So maybe...

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im going to cheerlead for Lindsay until the day he retires (hopefully a Bronco). He epitomizes every character trait you want in a player and a team mate. There is no doubt he is an emotional leader on this team, and plays with every ounce of his heart. He puts this team on his shoulders.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, that is no dig at Gordon. He’s been playing exceptionally well and has also shown that he wants to carry this team.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m completely, and utterly disappointed in Shurmur. I had such high expectations with finally some creativity in our offense. What a let down thus far

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notation: three proper POTM quality material right there

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Gordon not playing in Denver next year. One DUI isn’t gonna get him out of town. His contract is nice for next year. 1 year left at 8 m. He aint going anywhere barring him getting in trouble again, which he has a pretty good hesd on his shoulders minus this flub up which could happen to most people at some time in their life. Not a smart decision but as long as you learn from it after one time, no biggie.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im going to cheerlead for Lindsay until the day he retires (hopefully a Bronco). He epitomizes every character trait you want in a player and a team mate. There is no doubt he is an emotional leader on this team, and plays with every ounce of his heart. He puts this team on his shoulders.

He can blow bubbles with beef jerky and walk on water but you don’t want him carrying the ball 25 times a game 16 games. Again Gordon and Lindsay make each other better. You really need two quality RB’s in the NFL. Just like you need 3 good Cb’s with passing being so heavy. The third cornerback is on the field way more than a third cornerback 15 years ago. Most starting running back’s get hurt/banged up during the season. You need two. You definitely don’t want Lindsay curing the ball 20- 25 times every game. He is best at 10-15 carries.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can blow bubbles with beef jerky and walk on water but you don’t want him carrying the ball 25 times a game 16 games. Again Gordon and Lindsay make each other better. You really need two quality RB’s in the NFL. Just like you need 3 good Cb’s with passing being so heavy. The third cornerback is on the field way more than a third cornerback 15 years ago. Most starting running back’s get hurt/banged up during the season. You need two. You definitely don’t want Lindsay curing the ball 20- 25 times every game. He is best at 10-15 carries.
I agree, and our offensive coordinator should take note. When you have two quality rbs, each possessing their own unique abilities, they should be more involved. Especially inside the ten

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it’s certainly not this year's 1st pick. I too am surprised by how well Bolles has played-it’s about fricken time.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Gordon not playing in Denver next year. One DUI isn’t gonna get him out of town. His contract is nice for next year. 1 year left at 8 m. He aint going anywhere barring him getting in trouble again, which he has a pretty good hesd on his shoulders minus this flub up which could happen to most people at some time in their life. Not a smart decision but as long as you learn from it after one time, no biggie.
I think that's a little light for a guy who 25 mph over while drunk - that's double irresponsible. I like him as a player and would like to see him back as a Bronco. There is a sense he got Lindsay's money.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m completely, and utterly disappointed in Shurmur. I had such high expectations with finally some creativity in our offense. What a let down thus far

Why? He had very little offseason and no preseason to implement his offense. We’ve had 3 different QBs start this year and we’re only 5 games in. Our starting RB has missed time. Our 2nd RB missed a game. Our Pro Bowl receiver played a game and a half and is now out for the season. The starting TE has missed time.

How can we be disappointed in our new OC when these are the cards our offense has been dealt? Has his play calling been questionable at times? Sure. But it’s hard for a coach to know what kind of talent he has and exactly how to use it when your constantly having to shift your plans based on who’s healthy any given week, especially when it’s your QB.

3 different QBs in the last 3 games. What OC can be successful when you have to start 3 different QBs in a row, none of which have a full year’s worth of starts? That’s not to say Shurmur is definitely good, but I think he deserves some slack right now.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see the Broncos moving on from Gordon based off the DUI. I don’t see a better option at RB springing up either. Gordon is a good option and helps the team be able to address other areas this off season.

As for the OC, I have a hard time being disappointed in him given the challenges the team has had to work through. It’s hard to make incremental progress and develop new plays when it’s a different cast of characters dressing every week.

I am hopeful this team can manage at minimum that #7 playoff position. This year seems at this point all about just getting through but if they can manage a playoff spot in the process it’s without question a successful season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He had very little offseason and no preseason to implement his offense. We’ve had 3 different QBs start this year and we’re only 5 games in. Our starting RB has missed time. Our 2nd RB missed a game. Our Pro Bowl receiver played a game and a half and is now out for the season. The starting TE has missed time.

How can we be disappointed in our new OC when these are the cards our offense has been dealt? Has his play calling been questionable at times? Sure. But it’s hard for a coach to know what kind of talent he has and exactly how to use it when your constantly having to shift your plans based on who’s healthy any given week, especially when it’s your QB.

3 different QBs in the last 3 games. What OC can be successful when you have to start 3 different QBs in a row, none of which have a full year’s worth of starts? That’s not to say Shurmur is definitely good, but I think he deserves some slack right now.
Very good and thoughtful post - Thanks. I am also critical of Shurmur - so this gives me food for thought.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with keeping Gordon - but for goodness sakes - man up and use him on the goal line to score TDs when they are needed!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Greet post. As a society we always wants to find a person to blame when things aren’t perfect. Sometimes with football luck just isn’t on your side. Injuries have really killed our mojo with moving our offense forward so far this season.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josey Jewell. He seems to be playing well this year but is he replaceable? IDK. Come draft time would Denver look to draft ILer early is the question.
Get 16 games on tape. Bolles is not a surprise to me because I thought and posted before the season Denver would offer him a contract extension.