• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Concerns over your team

C

cubzzzfanincali

Tried to add this but took too long.
As for the rushing game vs us. Pep & Melton haven't played a snap yet , through 2 games.

True enough, and no doubt Peppers should stiffen the run defense up somewhat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean? In terms of number times he did it, or as a percentage of his opportunities, or who he overcame in doing so?

According to that other board we spoke of, Melton was number one league wide VS the run. I'll go see if I can find the exact post.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
("One of the most disruptive defensive tackles in the game, he’s coming off a year where he had the highest Run Stop Percentage of any defensive tackle and was ninth-highest with his Pass Rushing Productivity score.")

It did not say the source sorry. But the point is the same. Both Melton and Peppers missing hurt our run def against SD.

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the "strength" of our team took a beating yesterday. CUBBZZ was spot on and I agreed with him so where is TDHester to acknowledge the error of his ways.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy there Leo.
A very good O-line silenced what is a known force in this league. -Our starters on the D-line.
It had nothing to do with the depth.
Pep, Wooten, Melton... nothing.

You'll get that sometimes.

Ain't skeered.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aint skeered none either, it was their first action and they are proven players. We should be getting better and better on both sides of the ball. Shit me skeered? no sir.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're lying to yourself if you didn't find a reason to be worried about our pass rush yesterday.

Dalton's jersey was sparkly clean until that last drive where he was sacked by McClellin and Paea.

I know the Bengals O-line is good, but we didn't have a single Peppers or Melton sighting yesterday. That does not bode well for this line going forward. We all knew Peppers was going to begin his decline sooner or later, I think this may be the beginning of it. He already looked a tad slower towards the end of last year.

I know this team will get better (barring injuries) as the season goes on, but still... that wasn't a promising performance from our front four, or our secondary. Luckily, Peanut and Jennings did what they do best. Create turnovers.

We can't give QB's time like we gave Dalton yesterday. Rodgers, Brees, etc... will tear us to shreds.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say Jennings and Tillman cheated too much on the picks. We saw the easy touchdown when Jennings broke in on the pump fake and left the TD receiver wide open.

We need to get pressure, but I think they are light on tackle and ends, pretty sure we had 5 or 6 last year, only 4 of each this year.

But me, I still want to see Shea standing up and getting pressure like goldylocks matthews from the linebacker position when they go nickel, instead of replacing a LB with DB, bring Shea with Wooten and Peppers.

Anderson played very well, DJ was hardly there like Melton and peppers, Briggs seemed to slow some with the responsibility of calling plays. We will see if the Viqueens try to run the ball down our throats this week and if these linebackers can stop it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're lying to yourself if you didn't find a reason to be worried about our pass rush yesterday.

I'm not worried because our 2 biggest pass rushing threats were in their first action since last year. Yes we do have to do much better. But yesterday is just one game and I'm not worried about one game. These guys are proven players.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Kyle Long has to play a lot better. He sucked on Sunday.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say Jennings and Tillman cheated too much on the picks. We saw the easy touchdown when Jennings broke in on the pump fake and left the TD receiver wide open.

We need to get pressure, but I think they are light on tackle and ends, pretty sure we had 5 or 6 last year, only 4 of each this year.

But me, I still want to see Shea standing up and getting pressure like goldylocks matthews from the linebacker position when they go nickel, instead of replacing a LB with DB, bring Shea with Wooten and Peppers.

Anderson played very well, DJ was hardly there like Melton and peppers, Briggs seemed to slow some with the responsibility of calling plays. We will see if the Viqueens try to run the ball down our throats this week and if these linebackers can stop it.

The official Chicago Bears roster for 2012 had the following defensive linemen:

Julius Peppers, Israel Idonije, Shea McClellin, Henry Melton, Stephen Paea, Matt Toeaina, Corey Wootton, Brian Price, Cheta Ozougwu

If I counted correctly, that's 9 DL.

This year, the Bears roster has the following defensive linemen:

Julius Peppers, Shea McClellin, Henry Melton, Stephen Paea, Corey Wooton, David Bass, Nate Collins, Cornelius Washington, Zach Minter.

If I counted correctly, that's 9 DL. 3 were inactive for the game. Pretty sure that's the same number that Lovie had inactive from week to week.

So, no change in the number of DL's from last year to this year.

Clay Matthews Jr stands up on the defensive line because the Packers play a 3-4 defense...not a 4-3 like the Bears do.

That being said, I would like to see McClellin shifted to linebacker. I think he is undersized to play defensive end.

Do you know what "nickel" means? It means five defensive backs. The reason for going nickel is because the other team usually has four receivers (combination of receivers and tight ends). How would adding another lineman in place of another defensive back work? I'll tell you...it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
equally concerning that Melton and Peppers didnt have an impact in the pass rush, is they didnt show in run stopping much either. D needs to step up a little for a change. Overall i have to give them a B for total game. I thought they would falter when being down, and they came back and won. I'm not skerd, but a little concerned.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Peppers saw very little preseason action, and Melton none- Ill reserve judgement for now.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that the Bengals averaged less than 2 yards per rushing play.

But the defense got burned plenty by big plays in the passing game...which leads us back to no pressure on the opposing quarterback. Way too much time for him to be comfortable.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so, yeah.... looks like the D line is cause for at least a little concern??

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??????

Just can't believe the shit I'm reading. D-line ? give me a break . We have potentially 4 pro bowlers starting . Wooton had 7.5 sacks in limited action. And he is being given Izzys' role this yr. Starting DE & moving to DT in passing downs. Paea is finally healthy , and proved he can be a force. Depth ? Yeah we lost Izzy, Okoye, &Toena. As far as BUs, Collins has looked just fine. Irvin & Minter both showed promise @ DT. @ DE Ozougwu & Moore will battle for a spot. To go along w/ Shea.
Seems the D-line is pretty well set.
More than I can say for the O-Line. They're going to try 2 rooks there in the next game. I like what Long has showed . Mills? Garza ? Who will be the 7 or 8 they dress game day?
The answer to the OP's ? , has to be O-line w/out a doubt.
what's your thinking now?:doh:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Doubt, even without 2 Pro Bowlers. Peppers and Melton our defensive line looked great.

Easy there Leo.
A very good O-line silenced what is a known force in this league. -Our starters on the D-line.
It had nothing to do with the depth.
Pep, Wooten, Melton... nothing.

You'll get that sometimes.

Ain't skeered.
Skeered Now??:L