• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 Thread

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grinch is all about stunting, twisting, and stemming the DL. He didn’t take that from anyone. He wants long and fast DL who can shoot gaps and get into the backfield. You do that at the risk of getting creased in the run game though. Imo, I’d watch that KSU game and I’d throw a lot of heavy sets at OU this season and make them stop the run. It’s definitely an area of concern for me right now.
Didn't K-State have one of the best O-lines in the conference last year?

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winfrey was the #1 overall Juco player. LSU, texASS, Bama were just a few that wanted him. He'll be playing DT/NG. A position that's his natural place. Easy to fit in.

Thomas, Stripling and Stokes all saw a lot of rotation last season.

But when we have Perkins, Winfrey and Redman on the field. Nobody in the BigXII, can come close, to the talent. Dline, will be the strength of our defense. With the most talent and potential.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't K-State have one of the best O-lines in the conference last year?

Yes, but they shouldn’t have bullied our front 7 like they did. It wasn’t hard to see what they were doing. Lots of heavy sets and counters. Our DL got man handled and the LBers were unbelievably undisciplined. I don’t care how good they are. There is no reason KSU ought to be bullying OU players like that. Some of it I think was the soft ass defeatist mentality that Mike Stoops left that’s just going to have to matriculate out, but Grinch had no answers that game either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winfrey was the #1 overall Juco player. LSU, texASS, Bama were just a few that wanted him. He'll be playing DT/NG. A position that's his natural place. Easy to fit in.

Thomas, Stripling and Stokes all saw a lot of rotation last season.

But when we have Perkins, Winfrey and Redman on the field. Nobody in the BigXII, can come close, to the talent. Dline, will be the strength of our defense. With the most talent and potential.

Go look at what the last ten #1 JUCO DTs have done in college and the NFL draft. Winfrey is far from a sure thing. Very very rarely do they ever turn out to be all Americans.

Isaiah Thomas has been here three years and hasn’t done shit.

Stokes is good, but one of two starters who will return to start the season...

Redmond has crazy raw talent but should probably be playing DE to be honest.

Perkins is out till after the RRSO.

Our DL is absolutely not a sure thing.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but they shouldn’t have bullied our front 7 like they did. It wasn’t hard to see what they were doing. Lots of heavy sets and counters. Our DL got man handled and the LBers were unbelievably undisciplined. I don’t care how good they are. There is no reason KSU ought to be bullying OU players like that. Some of it I think was the soft ass defeatist mentality that Mike Stoops left that’s just going to have to matriculate out, but Grinch had no answers that game either.
they were rated very high coming into the 2019 season but tbh, they really didn't live up to it.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at what the last ten #1 JUCO DTs have done in college and the NFL draft. Winfrey is far from a sure thing. Very very rarely do they ever turn out to be all Americans.

Isaiah Thomas has been here three years and hasn’t done shit.

Stokes is good, but one of two starters who will return to start the season...

Redmond has crazy raw talent but should probably be playing DE to be honest.

Perkins is out till after the RRSO.

Our DL is absolutely not a sure thing.

Winfrey isn't just the #1 DT, he is the #1 overall Juco player. Every recruiting service, put him as a can't miss. His size and style of play, is perfect for Grinch system.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winfrey isn't just the #1 DT, he is the #1 overall Juco player. Every recruiting service, put him as a can't miss. His size and style of play, is perfect for Grinch system.

Again... go look and see what JUCO DTs typically do at the P5 level. Not saying he won’t be great but the trend is not towards all American caliber.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then I should go ahead and expect him at the Downtown Athletic Club in December

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... go look and see what JUCO DTs typically do at the P5 level. Not saying he won’t be great but the trend is not towards all American caliber.

But all conference isn't a grasp.

Every outlet has Perkins preseason 1st team all BigXII
Some have Redman 1st team all have him 2nd team. He is fundamentally, the best. Perkins is just a freak athlete that has great instincts. Hopefully he gets his suspension reduced.
But when all three are on the field, we will have the most talent.
Winfrey just needs to plug the middle, take a double team here and there. Depth is an issue and size. But size is not Grinch style, speed and gap shots are.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some have Redman 1st team all have him 2nd team. He is fundamentally, the best. Perkins is just a freak athlete that has great instincts. Hopefully he gets his suspension reduced.
Winfrey just needs to plug the middle, take a double team here and there. Depth is an issue and size. But size is not Grinch style, speed and gap shots are.
I'd rather have Coburn, Ojomo, Sweat/TQ and Ossai against them on paper or on the field.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you even know our team? First, it’s Redmond. Not Redman. Second, Perkins is the one who’s fundamentally sound with a great motor. Redmond is the freak athlete with great instincts. Redmond didn’t even play football till his junior year. You’re calling Perkins a first rounder... have seen nobody say that. He’s NFL caliber for sure but right now, he’s probably a 3rd round talent.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Coburn, Ojomo, Sweat/TQ and Ossai against them on paper or on the field.

You’d rather have a spring practice for your coaches to deploy their new schemes.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’d rather have a spring practice for your coaches to deploy their new schemes.
homie.. if they just let Ossai rush the QB, that alone would be a HUGE improvement over that meathead Todd Orlando. It's time for the secondary to live up to it's high billing coming from the #1 DB secondary class of 2018. Yes schemes and practices are important, but hopefully they make it basic and let these guys do whatever they did to be so sought after coming out of high school..

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
homie.. if they just let Ossai rush the QB, that alone would be a HUGE improvement over that meathead Todd Orlando. It's time for the secondary to live up to it's high billing coming from the #1 DB secondary class of 2018. Yes schemes and practices are important, but hopefully they make it basic and let these guys do whatever they did to be so sought after coming out of high school..

That’s basically Grinch’s philosophy. Big 12 offenses should take a step forward next season so we’ll see how they fare.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s basically Grinch’s philosophy. Big 12 offenses should take a step forward next season so we’ll see how they fare.
yeah, I think Grinch would have had a tougher time with the 2018 offenses than 2019.. but ou would have been a better offensive machine with the lil midget as well. But it feels different with the air raid offenses leaving, right?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I think Grinch would have had a tougher time with the 2018 offenses than 2019.. but ou would have been a better offensive machine with the lil midget as well. But it feels different with the air raid offenses leaving, right?

The big difference for me was quarterback play. Huge huge difference when you’re not going up against a bunch of NFL quarterbacks every week. Defense is definitely better, but I really have no idea how much.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Herman didn't think so. He went after him hard.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys have the talent in the secondary, they just need to stay healthy.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman didn't think so. He went after him hard.
who Winfrey? I don't remember them going after him. They went after Collins, VB, Van Fillinger and Princley. Seems that outside of Coburn in 2018, the staff recruits DE that have the frames to grow into DTs. Granted what Orlando wanted at 4i kinda screwed up some of the evaluations, offers. But I don't remember Winfrey being sought after like that. I remember them trying to get back into the Tatum recruitment after he re committed to ou in 2018. But Winfrey?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must be a typo..

All I see is 12-0..

SHOW ME A LOSS!!!!!

Loss
@ Kansas St
@ LSU
OU in Dallas
@ OSU

For shits and giggles I’ll give USF the shock the world upset on opening day. The one thing about that which saddens me is Charlie won’t be there to celebrate shitting all over his former employers glorious stadium renovation premier.