• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 Thread

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Position Groups BigXII

Skill

Okielite

Oline OU

Dline OU

LB TCU

DB texASS

Okielite with the top RB and WR, easily wins the offensive skill group.

OU Oline and Dline, will be tough

TCU, has the best overall LB group

texASS has some talent that if they stay healthy, are as good as anyones DBs

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Position Groups BigXII

Skill

Okielite

Oline OU

Dline OU

LB TCU

DB texASS

Coaching: Tom Herman

:dhd:

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Position Groups BigXII

Skill

Okielite

Oline OU

Dline OU

LB TCU

DB texASS

DLine ou?? Bro they are about to get tossed when a brisk of air hit them.. Lightweights. Texas easily has the best DL in the conference, and this season they won't be eating blocks and using it's best rusher in zone coverage.

Other than that, I think it's solid. Okie light definitely has the best returning WR and RB coming back.. However I'm wary of Sanders.. I like him but his decision making was horrific in crunch time

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and let's not forget the best K and Punter.. they are in AUSTIN #HookEm.. It's now not a question of Texas winning the Big 12 and going undefeated.. can any team stay within 17 pts is the real question ..

OGC.053f780abc4b3cafade79f293db5c824

597M.gif

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and let's not forget the best K and Punter.. they are in AUSTIN #HookEm.. It's now not a question of Texas winning the Big 12 and going undefeated.. can any team stay within 17 pts is the real question ..

OGC.053f780abc4b3cafade79f293db5c824

597M.gif

It’s just stupendous that you are not only preaching that kool aid but yet supplying it to all the lost souls to give the ole college try.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLine ou?? Bro they are about to get tossed when a brisk of air hit them.. Lightweights. Texas easily has the best DL in the conference, and this season they won't be eating blocks and using it's best rusher in zone coverage.

Other than that, I think it's solid. Okie light definitely has the best returning WR and RB coming back.. However I'm wary of Sanders.. I like him but his decision making was horrific in crunch time

OU Dline will be nasty

Perkins was the best athlete on our defense last year and that's over 1st round LB Murray.
Redman grades out better then any returning Dlinemen in the BigXII and it's not even close. He never make a mistake.
Winfrey the #1 overall Juco player anchors the Dline at DT/NG.
Perkins will be a 1st rounder. Redman 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Then add Stokes and it gets nasty.

Nobody will be close to OU in the trenches.

Our Oline is big, nasty, experienced and deep. The young guys, just might be even better. Lots of NFL talent.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU Dline will be nasty

Perkins was the best athlete on our defense last year and that's over 1st round LB Murray.
Redman grades out better then any returning Dlinemen in the BigXII and it's not even close. He never make a mistake.
Winfrey the #1 overall Juco player anchors the Dline at DT/NG.
Perkins will be a 1st rounder. Redman 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Then add Stokes and it gets nasty.

Nobody will be close to OU in the trenches.

Our Oline is big, nasty, experienced and deep. The young guys, just might be even better. Lots of NFL talent.
you are relying on Juco players who haven't played one snap at ou yet. Perkins is good.. Redman "grades" better? Gallimore surprised me last season, he's the reason why Murray had a terrific season imo.

Texas has Coburn, Omojo, Sweat, Graham who all played heavy minutes last season. Also bring back Ossai at edge. They also have a 5 star DE coming in, but they should redshirt him since there is quality depth with players like Bimage, Warren and Jacoby Jones.

If there is a worry about the Texas defense it has to be the LBs. Last season they were young and getting experience in the backfield, same along the DL. But now the majority of the starters in the secondary are players entering the 3rd and 4th years (same as the DL). The LB group is very young, total questionmark

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think OU has a lot of potential to have a good DL, but a lot of it is unproven potential. We’re counting on two JUCO guys to contribute without spring ball. Redmond is great but should probably be a DE tbh. Perkins is a beast too, but he’ll miss 5 games including the RRSO.

Here’s the unproven or barely proven talent OU is counting on for the DL this year:
Jordan Kelley
Kori Roberson
Marcus Hicks
Perrion Winfrey
Joshua Ellison
Isaiah Thomas
Marcus Stripling

Returning proven players:
Jalen Redmond
LaRon Stokes
Ronnie Perkins (suspended till after the RRSO)

Sorry, but there’s just no way im putting our DL #1 with so many question marks.

Now Texas has a ton more experienced talent along the DL, but their problem is they have a brand new staff and lost spring ball. That’s a major issue. I’d be real careful about assuming they’re going to be sharp right out the gate. I do think they beat LSU though.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, you are just as out of it as all the other Texas posters on the hoop.

Cameron Dicker Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Gabe Brkic Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

dicker made 78% of his FGs, made 56 of 57 XPs, and scored 98 points.
Brkic made 100% of his FGs, made 100% of his XP, and scored 103 points.

One kicker is perfect and one kicker is not perfect. But in your mindset he is the best. Defend your position on Dicker the Kicker.

Texas punter averaged 41.7 yards per punt,

texas tech Austin McNamara averaged 45.0 yards.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One kicker is perfect and one kicker is not perfect. But in your mindset he is the best. Defend your position on Dicker the Kicker.

Not to mention, Dicker talks an awful lot of shit for a skinny little kicker. Easy to talk shit when you’ll never have to take a hit. Better hope one of his kicks never get blocked.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are relying on Juco players who haven't played one snap at ou yet. Perkins is good.. Redman "grades" better? Gallimore surprised me last season, he's the reason why Murray had a terrific season imo.

Texas has Coburn, Omojo, Sweat, Graham who all played heavy minutes last season. Also bring back Ossai at edge. They also have a 5 star DE coming in, but they should redshirt him since there is quality depth with players like Bimage, Warren and Jacoby Jones.

If there is a worry about the Texas defense it has to be the LBs. Last season they were young and getting experience in the backfield, same along the DL. But now the majority of the starters in the secondary are players entering the 3rd and 4th years (same as the DL). The LB group is very young, total questionmark
When your team can keep ours from getting 9 QB sacks in a game I will consider your defensive prognostications on OU’s talent levels.

I wouldn’t doubt our defense or Grinch & Co. if I were a Big xII fan.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dicker is NAILS..that's all I have

Ask @romeo212000 He wants him to return kicks at the RRS lol

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your team can keep ours from getting 9 QB sacks in a game I will consider your defensive prognostications on OU’s talent levels.

I wouldn’t doubt our defense or Grinch & Co. if I were a Big xII fan.
homie, I didn't say ou didn't have the best OL, I was talking about the DL. Grinch was smart by watching what LSU and WV did by stunting and exposing the UT interior OL. Cosmi was nails vs Chaisson one on one, but Aranda adjusted.
I hope Yurkich is smarter than Tom when it comes to game planning vs ou this season. They needed to do what Klieman did for KSU by running counters and sticking with the run.
Grinch likes light DTs, hopefully UT can take advantage of that and wear em down.. We'll see what happens in the fall.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
homie, I didn't say ou didn't have the best OL, I was talking about the DL. Grinch was smart by watching what LSU and WV did by stunting and exposing the UT interior OL. Cosmi was nails vs Chaisson one on one, but Aranda adjusted.
I hope Yurkich is smarter than Tom when it comes to game planning vs ou this season. They needed to do what Klieman did for KSU by running counters and sticking with the run.
Grinch likes light DTs, hopefully UT can take advantage of that and wear em down.. We'll see what happens in the fall.

Grinch is all about stunting, twisting, and stemming the DL. He didn’t take that from anyone. He wants long and fast DL who can shoot gaps and get into the backfield. You do that at the risk of getting creased in the run game though. Imo, I’d watch that KSU game and I’d throw a lot of heavy sets at OU this season and make them stop the run. It’s definitely an area of concern for me right now.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grinch is all about stunting, twisting, and stemming the DL. He didn’t take that from anyone. He wants long and fast DL who can shoot gaps and get into the backfield. You do that at the risk of getting creased in the run game though. Imo, I’d watch that KSU game and I’d throw a lot of heavy sets at OU this season and make them stop the run. It’s definitely an area of concern for me right now.
that and the fact that you only have 1 290 plus DT?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that and the fact that you only have 1 290 plus DT?

I mean, yeah that’s part of the issue. I’m not convinced we need to be as big anymore across the DL as in the past, but there’s going to be times you need it. I’m worried about short yardage situations more than anything, but KSU absolutely bullied our front 7 last year and Grinch had zero answers. That issue got compounded when Kenneth Murray tried to put on his cape and play hero ball and got out of his gap time and time again. So far, I like Grinch but he’s still got some questions to answer.