• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 Thread

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I would post things pertaining to Big12 schools, feel free to add more things as well.

CDC is now saying the plan is to have a full house for the opener vs South Florida. I saw and ESPN article saying Iowa was also planning the same thing. Wonder how Abbot goes from 25% to 100% in less than a 100 days.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c426e58efb26207788fb945281c880ba.jpg

Baylor grads involved with a murder for hire plot? Say it ain't so!!

2 lawyers are arrested in alleged plot to kill another attorney

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I would post things pertaining to Big12 schools, feel free to add more things as well.

CDC is now saying the plan is to have a full house for the opener vs South Florida. I saw and ESPN article saying Iowa was also planning the same thing. Wonder how Abbot goes from 25% to 100% in less than a 100 days.

Is it an election year in Texas? Because if so, that’s how.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it an election year in Texas? Because if so, that’s how.
That's a good point, however I do not know that... He's a Horn so maybe he can't live without 90 plus thousand fans at DKR Memorial?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, my community is ignorant when it comes to arithmetic then. Little League started back up and the stands were overflowing last night when I drove by there. We've gone from having 2 cases for weeks to 24 in the past two days. Look for it to keep rising because we must have the lowest collective IQ of any place in the world.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bold prediction this year. The grass eater at Kansas wins four Big 12 conference games in 2020.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point, however I do not know that... He's a Horn so maybe he can't live without 90 plus thousand fans at DKR Memorial?

Y’all are gun totin, football loving motha fuckers. I wish more states were like that. Especially in the NE.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd have reduced that by 20-25%. Over estimating expenses and underestimating revenue is a lot better than over estimating revenue and underestimating expenses.

"The Big 12 board of directors, made up of school presidents and chancellors, approved a 10-percent reduction in the league’s operation budget for fiscal year 2021, which begins July 1."

Which would you prefer at the end of the year, "Oh crap, we're short of money" or "Oh boy, look at this extra money we have"?

But, my kids and grandkids think I'm an old fuddy duddy tightwad so there's that.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"TCU Chancellor Victor Boschini, chairman of the Big 12 board, said his school has lost about $50 million for different reasons because of the coronavirus."
So they payout so far has resulted in 1.1 million less.. Guess TCU is finding out that paying Evans to sign with them is costly lol.. but in all seriousness..$50 million?? Who is budgeting for them? Colorado?
I think the athletic financial hit schools are taking is going to look like peanuts compared to the academic financial hit. And in Texas, wait until the state coffers don't receive sales tax and oil tax revenues they had planned on. That third leg for us is property taxes and me thinks there will be a lot more delinquency on those as well.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the athletic financial hit schools are taking is going to look like peanuts compared to the academic financial hit. And in Texas, wait until the state coffers don't receive sales tax and oil tax revenues they had planned on. That third leg for us is property taxes and me thinks there will be a lot more delinquency on those as well.
So they are set to lose that much if they can't fill the stadium this fall? I mean no one goes to watch the basketball games either. Enrollment going down?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are set to lose that much if they can't fill the stadium this fall? I mean no one goes to watch the basketball games either. Enrollment going down?
I'm not sure on any of it...but a lot of the revenue generation is builty on people "gathering" in larger groups than what is being proposed now. The virtual classes are fine but they don't bring the room/board revenue. Most universities had to refund a few months worth of room/board and other fees to students from last semester. While I don't think the rich/elite schools will struggle as much as others, I do think they'll feel it as well. Those huge endowments are great cushions but may have to be drawn down considerably if they aren't willing to reduce budgets enough.

Hell, Akron had to cut out something like five or six entire academic colleges besides some athletic programs.

http://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2020/05/06/university-akron-cut-6-colleges

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a mini argument with the Interim President at OU a few months ago when I made it clear I thought his hiring a couple of over-the-top liberal activists as his closest advisors was a big
mistake. He took umbrage at my less than fawning language and I barely held on to my temper. Now they have named the doofus as the new President of the University. I swear I'll cut off any more financial support either academically or in the athletic department if things go too far. I'm one donor who's just about had enough. And I've talked to other donors who are getting more and more concerned the way OU is headed. My bet is OU's financial situation is going to get worse in the years ahead for a variety of reasons and there will be a point where they will be begging for contributions to keep things going. We'll see.