• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10 Recruiting Standings 2013 (Updated 8/16/12 10:00pm)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has a commitment from Dan Samuelson, 3-star, 6'5", 290 lb. OL from Plymouth, IN. He also had offers from Illinois and Minnesota. Apparently no offer from the Hoosiers, in fact at this point one wonders if they have offered anyone. lol

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has a commitment from Dan Samuelson, 3-star, 6'5", 290 lb. OL from Plymouth, IN. He also had offers from Illinois and Minnesota. Apparently no offer from the Hoosiers, in fact at this point one wonders if they have offered anyone. lol

:lol:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far that's 8 commits from 6 different states.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the top 5 targets for your school?

Ethan Pocic has got to be the #1 guy for the Bucks

Jaylon Smith,Dorian Johnson,James Quick and Vernon Hargreaves III might round out the top 5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By top targets, I take that to mean 'highly rated and we're in the game'. Probably Dorian Johnson, Buddy Brown, Robert Foster, David Williams, and Darian Hicks. And of course there is the ongoing soap opera that is Alex Anzalone.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By top targets, I take that to mean 'highly rated and we're in the game'. Probably Dorian Johnson, Buddy Brown, Robert Foster, David Williams, and Darian Hicks. And of course there is the ongoing soap opera that is Alex Anzalone.

Don't get me started on Anzalone. LOL

I don't take it out on the kid. It's the father who is the problem.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me started on Anzalone. LOL

I don't take it out on the kid. It's the father who is the problem.

It's impossible to get a read on him. I know his father is a Florida grad, and probably wants him to go there. He went on a west coast tour, and I hear he liked Stanford, though Kiffin actually asked him if he would skip his senior year, graduate early, and enroll in USC this summer. If PSU has an edge, it is that he likes the academics (supposedly a good student). It has been a while since we got a commit, hopefully when we have a camp in June, we'll bring some guys in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois has received a commitment from Reon Dawson, 3-star CB from Dayton, OH. Mr. Dawson is in the new, taller mold of CB's standing at 6'2", and 175 lbs. He had around 5 offers, none from other B1G schools. One of the services I use has also evaluated some of the Illini's recruits now, so that adds to their score and they move into 3rd place. They now have 10 commits:
Aaron Bailey, QB, IL
Jesse Chadwell, OL, MI
Austin Schmidt, OL, OH
Kendrick Foster, RB, IL
Chrisitan DiLauro, TE, OH
Merrick Jackson, DT, IL
Kenton, Gibbs, DT, MI
Jarrod Clements, DE, OH
Dillan Cazley, DB, IL
Reon Dawson, CB, OH

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bailey re thinks things a bit. :evil: He was a little hasty with his decision. If he does it will be a matter of if Nebraska has a QB commit by then.

1 big fish who is possibly a package deal for Nebraska:#5 DB overall
Mackensie Alexander - Yahoo! Sports

Terry Joseph our newly hired DB coach had Alexander committed to Tennessee, and when Joseph left he decommitted. He is very interested in Nebraska, and obviously has a very close relationship with Joseph as is his twin brother who is a 3 star safety.

Those two along with their teammate #16 DT Deadrin Senat - Yahoo! Sports all want to visit Nebraska.

Your jaw will drop when you see their offer lists.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted earlier about recruits from Ohio, and where they were going in the B1G. An update:
Mich: 8
MSU: 2
OSU: 6
Ill: 4
PSU: 1
Neb: 3
Wisky: 1
Iowa: 1
20 recruits have gone out-of-state.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethan Pocic (Lemont, IL) committed to LSU the other day. He was arguably the best lineman in B1G country, and had offers from all the B1G schools but Penn State, Northwestern, and Indiana.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has a new commitment, from unrated, pro-style QB Nic Shimonek, 6'4", 205 pounds from Corsicana, TX. Those that call themselves Hawkeyes have 8 commits:
Colin Goebel, OG, IL
Derrick Willies WR, IL
Nic Shimonek, QB, TX
Nathan Bazata, DT, NE
Brant Gressel, DT, OH
David Kenney DE, IN
John Kenny, LB, IN
Delano Hill, DB, IA

FWIW, Rivals now has Shimonek rated as a 3*.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Rivals now has Shimonek rated as a 3*.

Thanks, Herk - the other agencies had updated, too. Standings have been changed accordingly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has a new commit, 3-star DT Maurice Hurst, Jr. from Westwood, MA. Hurst had > 10 offers, including ones from Purdue, Nebraska, and Michigan State. Wolverines have a nation-leading 19 commits:
Kyle Bosch, OL, IL
David Dawson, OL, MI
Logan Tuley-Tillman, OL, OH
Chris Fox, OL, CO
Patrick Kugler, OL, PA
Deveon Smith, RB, OH
Shane Morris, QB, MI
Jaron Dukes, WR, OH
Csont'e York, WR, MI
Jake Butt, TE, OH
Khalid Hill, TE, MI
Ben Gedeon, LB, OH
Mike McCray, LB, OH
Henry Poggi, DT, MD
Maurice Hurst, DT, MA
Taco Charlton, DE, OH
Jourdan Lewis, DB, MI
Dymonte Thomas, DB, OH
Gareon Conley, ATH, OH
Wyatt Shallman, ATH, MI

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is rolling again - 20th commit is 4-star DT Henry Poggi out of Baltimore, MD. Mr. Poggi is 6'4", 260 lbs. and had > 20 offers, including ones from Iowa, Mich St, Northwestern, Ohio St, Wisconsin, and yes, unfortunately, Penn State. I have edited the list in the previous post to show all the Wolverines commits.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethan Pocic (Lemont, IL) committed to LSU the other day. He was arguably the best lineman in B1G country, and had offers from all the B1G schools but Penn State, Northwestern, and Indiana.

Damn. Thought we'd get that one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Thought we'd get that one.

Yes, I know he was a key target for you guys.

And I'm hearing that PSU has a commitment from Neiko Robinson, 3-star Safety from Florida. I'll wait until all services report to update the standings.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems official. Penn State has a commitment from 3-star CB Neiko Robinson from from Blatt, FL. PSU has 9 commits:

Christian Hackenburg, QB
Brendan Mahon, OL
Andrew Nelson, OL
Adam Brenenman, TE
Ross Douglas, DB
Neiko Robinson, DB
Curtis Cothran, DL
Garret Sickels, DL
Greg Webb, DL

One of the services has also now rated PSU recruit Curtis Cothran, which also affects the standings.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are set at LB at the expense of PSU. Normally PSU is known as LB University, but Urban took advantage of PSU's issues and flipped a couple of recruits as a result.

Can have Cam Williams. His real value was as a recruiter. Was more upset about losing Reeves as a resulted of that sellout Williams flipping and his dad in armani's ear. Reeves would have played immediately at PSU and fit perfect in the new scheme.

Wartman > Cam and its not even close. I'd love to land Deeb, Anzalone, Zayd Isaah and Al-Rasheed Benton. That would be a sick LB class and is a very realistic possibilty.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems official. Penn State has a commitment from 3-star CB Neiko Robinson from from Blatt, FL. PSU has 9 commits:

Christian Hackenburg, QB
Brendan Mahon, OL
Andrew Nelson, OL
Adam Brenenman, TE
Ross Douglas, DB
Neiko Robinson, DB
Curtis Cothran, DL
Garret Sickels, DL
Greg Webb, DL

One of the services has also now rated PSU recruit Curtis Cothran, which also affects the standings.

Robinson's film is pretty impressive. Kid can run and is pretty physical for his size. Good to get back into FLA at a position of need. Apparently they were not impressed enough to offer 4-star Delando Johnson over the weekend after he camped there.