• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10 considering changing conference rules to ensure Ohio State qualifies for Big 10 Championship Game

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Day says a lot of players may be missing. Don't know who.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really want to make fun of sexual abuse scandals? Ok big guy, mind explaining me why your university allowed a team doctor to sexually abuse 177 people over a two decade timespan and they knew about it?

It's 2020 and the self awareness of some people on subjects like this is sad.
No not the scandal, the fans. They showed their true colors. Thanks for recognizing my "big guy" status.

The difference is the Buckeye fans want all those that knew about the sexual abuse in jail. Yes it is very sad that the pedo state fans still cannot see the garbage of happy valley.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not the scandal, the fans. They showed their true colors.
And thus begins backtracking. So you were talking about the fans and not the team? Well fanbases are not picked into the Big Ten Championship, only teams are, so why bring that term in that context here? And by referring to Penn State fans as "ped apologists" that directly refers to the scandal as a mocking jab, which brings complete lack of self-awareness coming from people who too committed a sexual abuse scandal.

And true colors? Outside from John Ziegler's relatively small army of fanatics, I don't see anyone defending what Sandusky did. Not then, not now, not ever. Or is this about the other coach? Be honest. Also about true colors, whenever a Penn State fan actually confronts and criticizes you, I'm going to take the odds saying that you do indeed throw out the classic "Ped State" insults, because I mean, what's a better comeback that making a jab at a child abuse scandal on an unrelated matter?
tenor.gif

The difference is the Buckeye fans want all those that knew about the sexual abuse in jail.
And from a person who actually saw the scandal implode, we did too. Sandusky, Curley, Spanier, etc. all got convicted. What are you bitching at? Let me guess...the other coach?
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Yes it is very sad that the pedo state fans still cannot see the garbage of happy valley.
Doesn't this ever get tiring? Like, nine years later, and you still have the same old joke...and all because I made a meme about a school with at this point going to take a guess that you likely didn't attend.
Come on man, bring something new. Talk about Chambers potentially being a closet racist, or uh I don't know Franklin telling a player to keep quiet to police or some shit.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thus begins backtracking. So you were talking about the fans and not the team? Well fanbases are not picked into the Big Ten Championship, only teams are, so why bring that term in that context here? And by referring to Penn State fans as "ped apologists" that directly refers to the scandal as a mocking jab, which brings complete lack of self-awareness coming from people who too committed a sexual abuse scandal.

And true colors? Outside from John Ziegler's relatively small army of fanatics, I don't see anyone defending what Sandusky did. Not then, not now, not ever. Or is this about the other coach? Be honest. Also about true colors, whenever a Penn State fan actually confronts and criticizes you, I'm going to take the odds saying that you do indeed throw out the classic "Ped State" insults, because I mean, what's a better comeback that making a jab at a child abuse scandal on an unrelated matter?
tenor.gif

And from a person who actually saw the scandal implode, we did too. Sandusky, Curley, Spanier, etc. all got convicted. What are you bitching at? Let me guess...the other coach?
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Doesn't this ever get tiring? Like, nine years later, and you still have the same old joke...and all because I made a meme about a school with at this point going to take a guess that you likely didn't attend.
Come on man, bring something new. Talk about Chambers potentially being a closet racist, or uh I don't know Franklin telling a player to keep quiet to police or some shit.
There is no backtracking. As I said pedo state can suck it.

Im not bitching, Im just calling out a shitty fan base. I will go ahead and paste my original comment. Keep defending...
Well of course who else do they have to support, the pedo appologist?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU stood with Nebraska when all the pussies were cowering in their safe places and not wanting to play this year.
The Bucknuts are one of the best teams in the country. It's not their fault that Warren shit down his leg over this Rona shit.

What ever needs to be done, needs to be done.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no backtracking. As I said pedo state can suck it.

Im not bitching, Im just calling out a shitty fan base. I will go ahead and paste my original comment. Keep defending...
Well I guess there's nothing I can do. I'll wish your team luck to getting into the playoffs, you're going to need it.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Uran Meyer's the reason the Florida football progam has had virus issues? That's right. Everything's Urbans fault.

:markmay:
Sounds like nutcase juice.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU stood with Nebraska when all the pussies were cowering in their safe places and not wanting to play this year.
The Bucknuts are one of the best teams in the country. It's not their fault that Warren shit down his leg over this Rona shit.

What ever needs to be done, needs to be done.

I don't get this just blaming Warren. Doesn't he have to do what 14 school presidents vote on? And don't they have a stronger say about all of this than the commish? Have no idea who within the conference calls the final shots.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this just blaming Warren. Doesn't he have to do what 14 school presidents vote on? And don't they have a stronger say about all of this than the commish? Have no idea who within the conference calls the final shots.
Warren mismanaged this thing from the beginning. He met with AD's, understood their position, then folded like a cheap ass suit when he met with the Presidents/Chancellors. It never even occurred to him to have the two groups meet together for a discussion so the presidents could understand how stupid they were being.

He came up with stupid stuff like "This will not be revisited" then did the opposite.

He allowed the conference to paint itself into a corner and basically created a scenario where failure was about the only option. The conference needed a strong leader, and instead got an inexperienced, spineless weasel.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren mismanaged this thing from the beginning. He met with AD's, understood their position, then folded like a cheap ass suit when he met with the Presidents/Chancellors. It never even occurred to him to have the two groups meet together for a discussion so the presidents could understand how stupid they were being.

He came up with stupid stuff like "This will not be revisited" then did the opposite.

He allowed the conference to paint itself into a corner and basically created a scenario where failure was about the only option. The conference needed a strong leader, and instead got an inexperienced, spineless weasel.

Thanks for the explanation. Wasn't aware that's what happened.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. I don't want a fake Big Ten Championship Game between Indiana (without Penix) and Northwestern

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Ohio St. making the playoffs - especially if they've played enough games for the committee to get a feel for them. I do have a problem, however, with the Middle-14 changing their rules at the penultimate moment just for the benefit of their annual bell-cow.

The league should have been smart enough to start their season a week or two earlier & to have built in an open week in case Covid issues forced a game or two to be cancelled or postponed. And they could also have been flexible enough to match someone whose game had been cancelled against someone else that needed an opponent for the same reason.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Ohio St. making the playoffs - especially if they've played enough games for the committee to get a feel for them. I do have a problem, however, with the Middle-14 changing their rules at the penultimate moment just for the benefit of their annual bell-cow.

The league should have been smart enough to start their season a week or two earlier & to have built in an open week in case Covid issues forced a game or two to be cancelled or postponed. And they could also have been flexible enough to match someone whose game had been cancelled against someone else that needed an opponent for the same reason.
The B1G is sorely lacking in leadership. Kevin Warren is out of his depth. The cynical view is the conference wanted this to fail so they could say 'I told you so' but that is being over-ridden by the sincere desire to cash a big check at the end of the year.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G is sorely lacking in leadership. Kevin Warren is out of his depth. The cynical view is the conference wanted this to fail so they could say 'I told you so' but that is being over-ridden by the sincere desire to cash a big check at the end of the year.
Yeah, but at least they aren't as bad off as the Pac-12 & their pitiful joke of a commissioner.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of agree with you. However, if they said something like "even if we just gave them a forfeit loss for Illinois they are still in 1st place and can play in the CCG it's hard to argue that rationale. This can only happen if IU loses another game.

also not sure if it's such a big deal as even if not in the CCG they can pick up a win that weekend.