• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Starting Lineups in the NBA

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the reports of lebron as pg are true the starting lineup will look like the following.

Pg-bron
Sg-green
Sf-kuz
Pf- davis
C- Cousins

Amazing offensive group but poor defense
Coach said today, no decision has been made yet. Report is false and Davis with LeBron will be very good defenseless If Cousins is 100% as he claims, the Lakers will be really good and better then expected

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anymore

Like Lebron, he still can be here and there. Step up the defense at certain times of the game when necessary, that kind of thing.

But yeah, neither he nor Lebron are gonna be playing much defense anymore.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes for starting lineup. But last I checked there are more than 5 players that make up a team.
Well DUH!, But with all due respect, the 76ers is not the second best line up in the NBA as of today

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach said today, no decision has been made yet. Report is false and Davis with LeBron will be very good defenseless If Cousins is 100% as he claims, the Lakers will be really good and better then expected

Why would the coach come in mid July and announce his starting lineup? Of course he will say it is false

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the coach come in mid July and announce his starting lineup? Of course he will say it is false
I just can't imagine why anyone in here thinks that they know what the line up is going to be and why they should believe what the internet says. The coach has August and September to analyze the data and consider different options.

Having said that - I do think LeBron at the point guard is a good option except for one thing. The Lakers have indicated in the past that they wanted to manage LeBron's work load. So I am wondering how that would work out. My second thought goes to Demarcus Cousins who on Lakersnation.com stated that he was 100% healthy - I would love to see how he and Davis would play with Davis at the power forward. As I recall Davis prefers the forward position. I know I have digressed just a bit, but I personally would consider starting McGee and bringing Davis in so that he plays with the bench if he is really healthy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't imagine why anyone in here thinks that they know what the line up is going to be and why they should believe what the internet says. The coach has August and September to analyze the data and consider different options.

The best I can see where this may have come from is that there have been reports that Kawhi was concerned about being a "3rd wheel" or "afterthought" on the Lakers. Apparently, Lebron told Kawhi that wouldn't be the case because he (Lebron) would play point and be setting Kawhi, AD, etc. up.

The problem is that when it comes to credit, etc. Lebron isn't the issue. The media is and as long as Lebron is on the team and playing decent basketball, the media is going to make it "Lebron's team".

Having said that - I do think LeBron at the point guard is a good option except for one thing. The Lakers have indicated in the past that they wanted to manage LeBron's work load.

If they did it right, it could actually help Lebron keep his usage rate down and "rest a bit while on the court" as long as he was mainly starting/facilitating the offense rather than having to "do everything" as he has for most of his career.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Celtics

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best I can see where this may have come from is that there have been reports that Kawhi was concerned about being a "3rd wheel" or "afterthought" on the Lakers. Apparently, Lebron told Kawhi that wouldn't be the case because he (Lebron) would play point and be setting Kawhi, AD, etc. up.

The problem is that when it comes to credit, etc. Lebron isn't the issue. The media is and as long as Lebron is on the team and playing decent basketball, the media is going to make it "Lebron's team".

If they did it right, it could actually help Lebron keep his usage rate down and "rest a bit while on the court" as long as he was mainly starting/facilitating the offense rather than having to "do everything" as he has for most of his career.
Then I got to thinking about it and I thought well that might actually help him a lot

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i am not that impressed with rondo/green/cousins as their supporting cast in the starting lineup.

LeBron and Davis is prob. the 2nd best combo in the entire sport for the upcoming year anyway, but i think other teams have deeper starting 5's.

Rondo will not be starting. My guess would be Avery Bradley starting at PG.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll gonna be super mad when Looney starts hitting 3's at a 35% clip this season.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll gonna be super mad when Looney starts hitting 3's at a 35% clip this season.
That'd be looney, alright.

If Aron Baynes can cultivate a 3 pt stroke, anyone can... just takes practice and more practice.