• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Starting Lineups in the NBA

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good? lol like I said he isn't what he used to be but he is still a good defender.

There's a difference between being good, and possessing the ability to be good. Lebron is more of the latter these days.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be fine, AD and Green are some of the best defenders in the NBA and Lebron is still a very good defender, especially in the playoffs.

Let alone the fact McGee led the league in blocks for most of the season until his illness and Avery Bradley is a great defender too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs should definitely not have a problem scoring the basketball most nights that is for sure.

They wre almost .500 when Love played- so they just better not do anything crazy and keep their pick next year.

Lol at even bringing the cavs up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let alone the fact McGee led the league in blocks for most of the season until his illness and Avery Bradley is a great defender too.

No doubt they have their weaknesses but Vogel will just have to mix and match.

Cousins, Rondo and KCP are piss poor defender.

Lebron is OK. (Don't argue with me lol)

Kumza is okay and an athletic body but you don't want him guarding the 4.

Green, Bradley and AD are excellent defender. McGee is for what his job and minutes allow him to do.

A nice defensive lineup that can score could be:

Green
Bradley
Kuzma
Lebron
AD

OR

Green
Kuzma
Lebron
AD
McGee

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD stretches the floor. All McGee has to do is grab rebounds and be a rim protector in limited minutes
If we're talking best starting 5 in the NBA... (and we are)... McGee is a definite negative.

The Lakers are not gonna want AD floating on the perimeter all the time "stretching the floor".

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at even bringing the cavs up.

maybe start a "will the Cave win 25 games" thread...?

I'd pass that along to the cowardly little Lilly, but he's put me on ignore again lol...

course, if his track record is the same as always, he'll take an occasional shot, them hide behind the feature again...

He's done it before...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking best starting 5 in the NBA... (and we are)... McGee is a definite negative.

The Lakers are not gonna want AD floating on the perimeter all the time "stretching the floor".

He doesn't need to ALL the time. There are defensive weaknesses in almost every lineup in the NBA. I put Philly at 1 bc I think they have the best but the Lakers are right there. The Clippers is another team that doesn't have much defensive weakness, but they have a lack of bigs and against a team like the Lakers that could really hurt.

The Lakers lineup would not include Rondo, at least not playing many minutes, and not have LBJ at the 1...

Green
Kuzma
Lebron
AD
Cousins/McGee

Offensively that could be one of the best. Defensively they are still really really good.

Comparing that to Philly...I would take Philly though. It really all depends on Cousins though...obviously a much better option than McGee overall.

Simmons - Kuzma
Richardson - Green
Harris - Lebron
Horford - AD
Embiid - Cousins

I mean just looking at it THIS way...those are very close. Still take Philly.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers lineup would not include Rondo, at least not playing many minutes, and not have LBJ at the 1...

Green
Kuzma
Lebron
AD
Cousins/McGee

Offensively that could be one of the best. Defensively they are still really really good.
I simply disagree that such a line-up is "really really good" defensively... especially if you're sneaking Cousins in there. With Cousins, that line-up is straight mediocre defensively.

Even with McGee in there, there are issues defending the 3 ball.

LeBron is gonna be a year older and is simply not interested in playing consistent defense anymore.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply disagree that such a line-up is "really really good" defensively... especially if you're sneaking Cousins in there. With Cousins, that line-up is straight mediocre defensively.

Even with McGee in there, there are issues defending the 3 ball.

LeBron is gonna be a year older and is simply not interested in playing consistent defense anymore.

Why are you making it sound like I said that?!?

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they have their weaknesses but Vogel will just have to mix and match.

Cousins, Rondo and KCP are piss poor defender.

Lebron is OK. (Don't argue with me lol)

Kumza is okay and an athletic body but you don't want him guarding the 4.

Green, Bradley and AD are excellent defender. McGee is for what his job and minutes allow him to do.

A nice defensive lineup that can score could be:

Green
Bradley
Kuzma
Lebron
AD

OR

Green
Kuzma
Lebron
AD
McGee