• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Best NCAA Football game you played?

Which version was the best in your opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of great ones in this legendary franchise, but which one stuck with you the most?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the one where you could create a player and had a dorm room you could look around and click things for different activities you had to complete? 07? Or maybe that was a thing in more than one?

I liked that one or those ones. Other than that they all kind of run together...

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite was NCAA 07.

Campus Legend was an awesome game mode, and it was actually challenging. You had to take actual quizzes to pass class and play. If you did good, it boosted some of your attributes. If you failed a test, you had to sit out a practice; if you failed 2 tests, you got suspended for a game.

The momentum meter was a game changer as well, as you could literally turn the Tide of the game with a few big plays. When playing on Dynasty mode, it was very important to keep this meter in your favor, because it made your players have better awareness. However, if you're team had TOO much momentum, sometimes they would play without great awareness because the game felt so within hand. This normally happened when you would be up 3 TDs and driving.

The impact camera was also a great feature of this game. Anytime you were about to lay the wood on someone or go for a jump ball, the game would shift to slow motion and allow the user to concentrate on making the play. This made big games and especially co op games very intense.

Spring games were a huge staple in this edition, where you could personally run your offense and defense for 1 half each. This was a great way to improve stats for younger players and give them an extra boost going into summer.

Recruiting was simplified, but still very challenging. In later games of the franchise, you could just stack points and make promises to the best recruits and they would commit early. In 07, balancing interest was VERY important and making the right pitch during the season made it a make or break deal for a recruit. This was also true in off season recruiting. In the 5 weeks of off season recruiting, you had up to 7 pitches you could make. So you could "send the house" every week, but you could choose a different pitch and it still may not be the right one. This made it very hard to steal recruits if you didn't make the correct pitch until week 4 or 5.

Overall difficulty was the most challenging of any game in the franchise in my opinion. On Heisman level, it was damn near impossible to beat teams with an equal talent level or better. All-American was what I left mine on, because it seemed the most realistic. Tougher teams were still very hard to beat, but not impossible, and lesser teams could still give you fits.

Also there weren't too many glaring bugs in the game, as every play could be defended, and every defense could be countered, unlike some of the Madden games now. I guess that's what happens when you don't release a finished product.

But NCAA 07 holds a spot in my heart, as it was my go to game for so many nights of my childhood.

Oh I almost forgot. This game also had personalized fan signs, cheerleader celebrations, fan celebrations, mascot celebrations, and player celebrations as well as the ability to get penalized for celebrating after a play. Coaches could also get flagged for arguing with refs after a questionable play. And the atmosphere immersion was insane. The camera shook uncontrollably at over 100 dBs at stadiums, and audibles were damn near impossible in those situations. Sometimes audibles took up to 13 seconds to call for 1 route.

All in all this game was epic. And I can't wait for the new college football game that's being worked on to come out.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the one where you could create a player and had a dorm room you could look around and click things for different activities you had to complete? 07? Or maybe that was a thing in more than one?

I liked that one or those ones. Other than that they all kind of run together...
That was 07, back when Campus Legend was actually hard.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main one I played had Tebow on the cover, so whatever year that was.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as far as player mechanics go, 13 was the most realistic. 14 is a close second.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'07 was my favorite too but I feel like I should give a shoutout to '09 since I still have the cover :D

51WDmG6IDxL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean gameplay wise 14

There was one NCAA where you could celly with the mascot and that was probably my most played game of the franchise, but it’s been so long I couldn’t tell you the difference between 13 or 07

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've played a video game since about 2005 so I wouldn't know.

I've got bills and shit

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, another cool thing about NCAA 07... when playing co op, you actually had 6 plays shown on screen, instead of just 3. The previous play pane could be selected if you held R2 on Xbox and then pressing another button would choose the play. It was always hidden under the main 3 plays on the screen. Pretty awesome gameplay mechanic.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean gameplay wise 14

There was one NCAA where you could cellt with the mascot and that was probably my most played game of the franchise, but it’s been so long I couldn’t tell you the difference between 13 or 07
That was 07 as well.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean gameplay wise 14

There was one NCAA where you could celly with the mascot and that was probably my most played game of the franchise, but it’s been so long I couldn’t tell you the difference between 13 or 07
NCAA 14 had great gameplay. I just don't like it as much because recruiting was overly complicated.

I'd say my time spent on dynasty was 90% recruiting and 10% playing. Which is a horrible ratio.

On 07 it was 40% recruiting, 40% playing, and split 20% between viewing the magazines each week and practicing for bigger games.

You could choose other teams' playbooks to run during practice on 07 and actually practice against them. And randomized plays was a thing too. It had to be the most in depth and immersive NCAA they made. I have played 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14, and none were as deeply authentic to me as 07.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of great ones in this legendary franchise, but which one stuck with you the most?
Whichever one had Georgia Tech with Calvin Johnson, James Johnson, Choice and Ball I was damn near unbeatable.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA 06 has to be my favorite of all time of any game.

1. Introduction of "Race to Heisman"
2. Drills (The good ones. Miss them so much, never knew why they would take these out)
3. It's the last year of this game having a real Soundtrack. (I literally know every fight song by heart because of the later games)

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Cross vs. Fordham in '97

The phuq??? I thought we were talking about actually playing not this gay playstation shit

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA 14 had great gameplay. I just don't like it as much because recruiting was overly complicated.

I'd say my time spent on dynasty was 90% recruiting and 10% playing. Which is a horrible ratio.

On 07 it was 40% recruiting, 40% playing, and split 20% between viewing the magazines each week and practicing for bigger games.

You could choose other teams' playbooks to run during practice on 07 and actually practice against them. And randomized plays was a thing too. It had to be the most in depth and immersive NCAA they made. I have played 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14, and none were as deeply authentic to me as 07.

I always loved being able to import your dynasty players to Madden too. At least Madden is adding customizable draft classes this year so you can create them, but it probably won't be the same.

Wish it had lasted long enough to see what they would have done with the coaching carousel.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone would try and cover Calvin, he probably produced the fewest yards on my offense. Great bait.
I liked using Arkansas with McFadden and Michigan with Hart. Definitely my go tos when playing co op against friends or relatives.