• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Best NCAA Football game you played?

Which version was the best in your opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I almost forgot... NCAA 07 also had realistic NCAA sanctions for player discipline. If you punished your players a moderate amount, you kept the NCAA meter low. If you didn't suspend guys at all, your NCAA meter would go up. If the bar filled all the way up, you would get hit with sanctions such as a loss of 15 scholarships over 2 years and you could lose bowl eligibility for 2 years or more. Crazy how much detail there was in that game now that I think about it.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walsh College Football 1993.

Give me 1983 Auburn with Bo Jackson or 1981 Georgia with Hershel and I'm beating your ass badly.

Best football game ever was the original Tecmo Bowl. Watch the ESPN 30 for 30 and for a solid 10 minutes grown adults talk about how ridiculous Bo was.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I almost forgot... NCAA 07 also had realistic NCAA sanctions for player discipline. If you punished your players a moderate amount, you kept the NCAA meter low. If you didn't suspend guys at all, your NCAA meter would go up. If the bar filled all the way up, you would get hit with sanctions such as a loss of 15 scholarships over 2 years and you could lose bowl eligibility for 2 years or more. Crazy how much detail there was in that game now that I think about it.

It’s crazy how it regressed from there. They just did away with discipline and all the detail of campus legend (or whatever it was called) all together.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone mentioned the early PC versions earlier, I had 98. Remember playing it with a joystick, which I found just slightly better than the keyboard. Field goals were ridiculously hard, I remember being stoked just to barely get a 25 yarder just over the crossbar.

Struggling through that craptastic nonsense was how much I wanted to play a college football simulation. If they brought the game back I’d probably buy a current generation console, which I otherwise have no interest in, just to check it out.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never played any of them but there was some great college games back in the day as well as some good sports games. Would like to get back into gaming again.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy recruiting on 14, it just takes up so much time for me to actually go for who I want to get and properly evaluate them. Especially in season.
I found a cheat in recruiting, to where you could land almost any recruit you wanted (back on the '08-'09 games...haven't played the newer ones). I think one season I signed like 20 5-stars. First, you offer a recruit (I always targeted recruits with decent interest, as they were easier to sign), then you look at his offer list and see what schools have offered. After that, go to create a coach, pick a school that has offered him, go to their recruiting board and then remove the offer. After that, just delete the coach and do the same thing for the rest of the schools on his offer list. He will grow great interest in you, and eventually sign with you, as he has no offers from any other schools. Do this for any recruit you want. I'd say it worked about 80-85% of the time and it didn't matter if you were Alabama or UAB, you'd get who you wanted. It's a very long process, but something I had a lot of fun with, back when I had no job and spent countless hours playing.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found a cheat in recruiting, to where you could land almost any recruit you wanted (back on the '08-'09 games...haven't played the newer ones). I think one season I signed like 20 5-stars. First, you offer a recruit (I always targeted recruits with decent interest, as they were easier to sign), then you look at his offer list and see what schools have offered. After that, go to create a coach, pick a school that has offered him, go to their recruiting board and then remove the offer. After that, just delete the coach and do the same thing for the rest of the schools on his offer list. He will grow great interest in you, and eventually sign with you, as he has no offers from any other schools. Do this for any recruit you want. I'd say it worked about 80-85% of the time and it didn't matter if you were Alabama or UAB, you'd get who you wanted. It's a very long process, but something I had a lot of fun with, back when I had no job and spent countless hours playing.

You used to be able to create a recruit so one trick was to create a kicker with 99 stats everywhere but kicking power and accuracy, then no one recruits the crappy kicker so you sign him and move him to another position lol

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used to be able to create a recruit so one trick was to create a kicker with 99 stats everywhere but kicking power and accuracy, then no one recruits the crappy kicker so you sign him and move him to another position lol
That is pure, fucking evil, my good sir.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never found any cheats but I do remember one class I signed 13 5-stars and 12 4-stars at Bowling Green after my cordial invite to the B1G.

When I did my school budgeting that season, I set recruiting to 65%, training to 10%, and discipline to 25%. I was able to send the house on every recruit, but my redshirts and underclassmen didn't improve much at all in the spring that season.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose NCAA 14 only because I've been playing it over and over since it came out.

My problem is it has become far too easy. I rarely actually lose a game. In my dynasty I have set sliders around to make it more challenging, but I still can beat teams by several touchdowns. I would say in 30 games I may legitimately lose 1 game.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA 08 for me. That was when the Bearcats were highly relevant too.

But the music... Ain't no sports game with a theme better than this :clap:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose NCAA 14 only because I've been playing it over and over since it came out.

My problem is it has become far too easy. I rarely actually lose a game. In my dynasty I have set sliders around to make it more challenging, but I still can beat teams by several touchdowns. I would say in 30 games I may legitimately lose 1 game.
I have a dynasty with Iowa State that's been going for 6 years now. I will say it's harder to break NCAA records on 14, but not hard to win games.

On 07, It was the opposite. I could break sooo many records at different schools, but then I would have 4-5 games a year where I would struggle to win against even to superior opponents. On 14, I struggle maybe once a year to a team like OU that's unreasonably stacked and runs the hurry up offense.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA 06. Race for the Heisman mode where you got to create your player as a high schooler and had to balance doing school work, strength drills, etc. It was crazy that different seasons in that game would improve the dorms you had, and you would get Heisman updates based on how you played from Herbstreit. Loved this game.

I also liked that 2006 had a licensed music over just having the fight songs in the background. It was only for one year and clearly everyone didnt like it because it went back for 07, but i really liked that aspect as a change because it was more like Madden.

I spent weeks playing that game with different careers, different positions etc.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA 06. Race for the Heisman mode where you got to create your player as a high schooler and had to balance doing school work, strength drills, etc. It was crazy that different seasons in that game would improve the dorms you had, and you would get Heisman updates based on how you played from Herbstreit. Loved this game.

I also liked that 2006 had a licensed music over just having the fight songs in the background. It was only for one year and clearly everyone didnt like it because it went back for 07, but i really liked that aspect as a change because it was more like Madden.

I spent weeks playing that game with different careers, different positions etc.

06 and 07 were very similar. I think that's why they stick for a lot of fans of the franchise.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98 and 99 would forfeit a game 2-0 if you exited without finishing the game. I'm sure some purist at EA put this in...some dickhead that worked on a flawless machine that never crashed with a power source that never went out. When you lose a game 2-0 and don't win your conference because you were playing during a thunderstorm you can imagine how frustrating that might get.