• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Movie if All Time: P

What is the best "P" movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which was the best? Use your own criteria.

Note that your pick will be visible.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVED LOVED LOVED Princess Bride, but compared to Pulp Fiction?

REALLY tough choice, but I just think Pulp Fiction is too amazing a movie to not vote for.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna assume it's the original Planet of the Apes? No that I think it has a real shot here. :)

Too many better films.
Yes. The original.

While I think the remake was under-rated, it was rather forgettable.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... tough category... it's just about a dice toss for me between Planes, Trains, and Automobiles ... Predator ... and Pulp Fiction... but... in the end I must...

... GET TO DA CHOPPA!

AvP.jpg

I also ain't got time to bleed!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of great P movies, but Pulp Fiction is an all time favorite of mine and I think Tarantino's best.

I still can't believe it lost to that massively overrated, cornball, maudlin, paint-by-numbers waltz through history Forrest Gump.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of great P movies, but Pulp Fiction is an all time favorite of mine and I think Tarantino's best.

I still can't believe it lost to that massively overrated, cornball, maudlin, paint-by-numbers waltz through history Forrest Gump.
I think it is Tarentino's second best, but his first that was accepted into the mainstream, and ultimately, the movie that put him on the map.

As for the Oscar, I agree it should have won. But Gump was good (not better, but good) and Tarantino was still a fringe movie maker while Hanks was at the height of his Hollywood power.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is Tarentino's second best, but his first that was accepted into the mainstream, and ultimately, the movie that put him on the map.

As for the Oscar, I agree it should have won. But Gump was good (not better, but good) and Tarantino was still a fringe movie maker while Hanks was at the height of his Hollywood power.

Hey, you weren't supposed to pay any attention to that. That's why I used the #1 font.

I have strong opinions about movies and no desire to offend anyone who disagrees with them, especially someone who's gone to the trouble to post all of these really cool threads. :nod: Sentimental "feel good" movies generally aren't my thing though Gump had a fantasy aspect that separated it from most I'd categorize that way... just not enough of one to do it for me. It was ok, just overrated, imnsho.

Speaking of Hanks, I wish he'd do a comedy. The guy is still damn funny.

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned it up on my stereo and pissed off the neighbors

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you weren't supposed to pay any attention to that. That's why I used the #1 font.

I have strong opinions about movies and no desire to offend anyone who disagrees with them, especially someone who's gone to the trouble to post all of these really cool threads. :nod: Sentimental "feel good" movies generally aren't my thing though Gump had a fantasy aspect that separated it from most I'd categorize that way... just not enough of one to do it for me. It was ok, just overrated, imnsho.

I am actually pretty hard to offend. The only time I was "offended" was when a hot-head was causing trouble for the sake of causing trouble, and started calling me names. Please dont feel the need to walk on egg shells when talking movies with me :)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am a HUGE Tom Hanks fan.

Before he was big, he did a lot of really fun, sophomoric comedies (Volunteers, Bachelor Party, Bosom Buddies). Then, when he did go big, he showed that he is one of the greatest actors ever (His work in Cast Away simply blows me away). I think he is only about 1000X better than Nicholson, though. Nicholson, while really good, BASICALLY plays the same character in every movie. Hanks plays a different character every time.

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a HUGE Tom Hanks fan.

Before he was big, he did a lot of really fun, sophomoric comedies (Volunteers, Bachelor Party, Bosom Buddies). Then, when he did go big, he showed that he is one of the greatest actors ever (His work in Cast Away simply blows me away). I think he is only about 1000X better than Nicholson, though. Nicholson, while really good, BASICALLY plays the same character in every movie. Hanks plays a different character every time.

a Hugh fan?? not me. not anymore. he and that retarded libtard wife can eat shit and die

Outrage as Tom Hanks brands war veterans 'racist' after filming The Pacific

TOM Hanks is under fire for suggesting that World War II veterans are racist.

The star of Saving Private Ryan has twice compared the Second World War with the current conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq, saying all three were about race.

link

dirty bastard

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Hugh fan?? not me. not anymore. he and that retarded libtard wife can eat shit and die

Outrage as Tom Hanks brands war veterans 'racist' after filming The Pacific

TOM Hanks is under fire for suggesting that World War II veterans are racist.

The star of Saving Private Ryan has twice compared the Second World War with the current conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq, saying all three were about race.

link

dirty bastard
I TRY to separate actors from their politics or personal dalliances (although I am not perfect at this).

Mel Gibson is a damned good movie maker. Passions was one of the most powerful movies I have ever scene, and I am not religious in the slightest. Tim Robbins generally makes good movies. Tom Cruise, while I generally do not like his acting, generally is involved with VERY good movies.

Tom Hanks is a GREAT actor. I dont really care about his politics.

If I had to ignore all the libs in Hollywood, I wood never be able to watch a movie again.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulp Fiction needs more Sam Jackson.

Reservoir Dogs is my fav QT and I may actually like Jackie Brown better than PF just cuz there's moe Jackson.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jesus, if their politics determined what I watched, I'd never watch another movie again.

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I TRY to separate actors from their politics or personal dalliances (although I am not perfect at this).

Mel Gibson is a damned good movie maker. Passions was one of the most powerful movies I have ever scene, and I am not religious in the slightest. Tim Robbins generally makes good movies. Tom Cruise, while I generally do not like his acting, generally is involved with VERY good movies.

Tom Hanks is a GREAT actor. I dont really care about his politics.

If I had to ignore all the libs in Hollywood, I wood never be able to watch a movie again.

that's nice for your mom. but my family fought in that war and I don't care for these Hollywoodpeckers shittin on their graves. especially this little 3 toed cocksucker with 2 horns and a tail.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's nice for your mom. but my family fought in that war and I don't care for these Hollywoodpeckers shittin on their graves. especially this little 3 toed cocksucker with 2 horns and a tail.
He may say whatever on his time, but then he puts out work like SPR, BoB and The Pacific.

I think those 3 projects gives him a little bit of leeway...

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may say whatever on his time, but then he puts out work like SPR, BoB and The Pacific.

I think those 3 projects gives him a little bit of leeway...

2d7iy5h.jpg

2pq6c04.jpg

image018.jpg

Forrest Gump was his biography