• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BEST COWBOYS QUARTERBACK EVER!!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being so angry when we passed on Marino in the draft. I just never really liked danny white which is the big reason I wanted Marino. Then of course the triplets would have never happened . It is crazy how everything worked out
If you really want to hate on Danny White (I liked him BTW)
Landry liked him . In fact liked all three QBs we had after Roger retired.
So you know who was top on our draft board that he passed on in the 3rd round.
Yep. Joe Montana. Could you imagine going from Roger Staubach straight to Joe Montana!
Cowboys didnt feel they needed a QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect intended but Dak is not even in the same class as Staubach or Aikman no matter what kind of qualities you think you are seeing.
not sure anyone puts Dak in the class of Staubach nor Aikman other than perhaps leadership.

Loooooooooooooooong ways to go

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure anyone puts Dak in the class of Staubach nor Aikman other than perhaps leadership.

Loooooooooooooooong ways to go
I think this is actually something that Dak should think about come contract time. I'm not saying he should play for $18 million, but if he signed for say, $22-24 million, he would benefit from all the young stars the Cowboys could keep. Aikman and Staubach were great players for sure, but some of the reasons they are in the HOF include Emmitt, L.A., Irvin, Deion, E.W, DWoodson, Hailey, T.D., Too Tall, Manster, Harvey Martin...One of the reasons Romo might not be is that by the time he developed into a great QB, he never had a great defense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading this theme. I don't get why people seem to expect Dak to leave $5M plus per year on the table so that we can pay other guys. Less than 1% of players probably do that and I suspect no one does it until after their first pay day. That's a lot of money to give away for a guy that doesn't have a lot of money right now. He will go for the biggest pay day he can get and he should. If in his mind that is $25M or more per year (and I suspect it is), then I hope the team waits and doesn't extend him yet. I would be very unlikely to extend him even if he comes in less than that because I just don't see the urgency to commit when he is still under contract and after that we can tag him. But, I feel like the team wants to lock him up.

I suspect the only way he signs for less than what his people are telling him he is worth is to get that guaranteed big contract and signing bonus immediately - which is huge for a guy that has yet to get that big deal. If he signs for $22M per year before the season it won't be to let the Cowboys build around him, it will be to guarantee he gets paid and paid now in case of injury or his play slipping and I see the value in that if I'm him and can set myself up for life:2cents:

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only correct answer is this guy...

1972-Topps-Roger-Staubach-Rookie-Card.jpg

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5668206415_98a27ce2eb_b.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth? :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

32-16 in 3 seasons
2 pro bowls
offensive rookie of the year

maybe you said this cause their black :L

forget hater....idiot alert serves you better
Nice try but Dak has a noodle arm and lacks poise. The Rams exposed him for the 2nd rate QB that he is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try but Dak has a noodle arm and lacks poise. The Rams exposed him for the 2nd rate QB that he is.
Wait, you watched the Rams game and your take was that Dak was the problem? Seriously? This has always been one of my biggest problems with this board: the agendas of people who love or hate a certain guy and completely lose objectivity because of it.

So if you are gong off of that game I'm assuming you feel resigning D Law would be a horrible mistake even if he were to accept $10M per year and that we should replace both Jaylon and Vander Esch?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you watched the Rams game and your take was that Dak was the problem? Seriously? This has always been one of my biggest problems with this board: the agendas of people who love or hate a certain guy and completely lose objectivity because of it.

So if you are gong off of that game I'm assuming you feel resigning D Law would be a horrible mistake even if he were to accept $10M per year and that we should replace both Jaylon and Vander Esch?
Once again you defend Dak. If you were honest about it you'd recognize that he will never take this team to a Super Bowl. You and Jerry think the guy is the second coming of Joe Montana.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again you defend Dak. If you were honest about it you'd recognize that he will never take this team to a Super Bowl. You and Jerry think the guy is the second coming of Joe Montana.
Clearly you have not read what I write

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you have not read what I write
I've read enough of your posts to realize you are high on Dak. The realists know that he is not the answer at QB.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clueless fucking idiot alert to the largest degree
You are among the most clueless people posting on this thread. Maybe it's time to get your head out of your ass and post something worthwhile instead of attacking me for my opinions.