• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals vs Steelers Game Thread

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't miss plenty of wide open WR's. Steelers D was lights out today. Looked like vintage Pitt. Dalton actually threw several good passes that weren't completed. One of his picks was on a 3rd and long. Essentially served as a punt and was an incredible play by the D.

I think if you looked at the stat line you'd say Dalton played poorly. But if you watched the game you understand that he threw the ball well against an amazing D. My criticism would be some fo the sacks he takes. But he made big throws in big situations.

A lot of those so called good throws that weren't completed weren't completed because he overthrew his reciever by 10 yards.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we're all very excited to be in the playoffs again, but where can you say that the Bengals are 'trending up'??? The offense has looked like garbage ever since Sanu went down. We'll see how long we can ride on the back of our defense, but if you watch the rest of the league and see how good some of the other teams are, you'll realize thats most likely not very far.

One of the youngest teams in the league.

Playoffs for the second year in a row, 3 out of the last 4 years.

Oakland's second round pick in the '13 Draft.

The best DT in the league.

Just the short list...for the big picture.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're also 8th in ppg giving up 20.8 a game. Our defense gifted us 7 and then the other 6 points they gave us the ball on Pittsburgh's side of the field. That accounts for all 13 of our points.

Our offense was horrendous. There really is no way to sugar coat it.

Needs to be quoted.

Discounting this makes me wonder if some of these guys even watched the game :spider:

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we're all very excited to be in the playoffs again, but where can you say that the Bengals are 'trending up'??? The offense has looked like garbage ever since Sanu went down. We'll see how long we can ride on the back of our defense, but if you watch the rest of the league and see how good some of the other teams are, you'll realize thats most likely not very far.

For fucks sake they beat Pitt in Pitt. They are young. Probably one of the youngest teams in the league. They're going to back to back playoffs and play in one of the toughest divisions in football. Yeah, they lost some games that they shouldn't have...but this is the win that NO ONE said they could have and they got it...any you all still piss and moan.

Also, Sanu going down was a blow but Marvin Jones shows real promise. That was evident today.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reading comprehension FAIL. I'm ecstatic...and Dalton is terrible. I'm allowed to be happy that the team won and mad that Dalton is a pathetic excuse for a QB.

This.

But they love the strawman's argument and will twist it any way they can to make you out to be a hater.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of those so called good throws that weren't completed weren't completed because he overthrew his reciever by 10 yards.

He had some pretty deep balls that I think were more on Green getting bumped off his route. He made a very difficult throw to Jones in the endzone. I thought he threw the ball well. I can only remember one throw that was completely off the mark.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

There was also that play in the 1st or 2nd quarter where Dalton threw to Green in the endzone and missed him out of bounds where Gresham was wide open on a great route in the middle of the field. One that he likely would have run into the endzone. They showed the replay and how that was obviously Dalton's first look but he either didn't have the confidence to make the pass or didn't have the ability to foresee Gresham getting open.

It would've put us up 14-3 or 14-0.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the youngest teams in the league.

Playoffs for the second year in a row, 3 out of the last 4 years.

Oakland's second round pick in the '13 Draft.

The best DT in the league.

Just the short list...for the big picture.

I'm right with you on these. Defense has exceeded all expectations without a doubt. And while it may not seem like it right now, I am a huge Bengals fan.

However, we can't just ignore the fact that Dalton isn't exactly progressing, our offense is far from good, and has even seemed to get worse as the season has gone on, our head coach seems to constantly have his head up his ass, and the Bengals have maybe 1 decent win over the last 2 years - although the Giants win is looking less and less impressive now.

Win a playoff game, Andy - make me a believer

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

But they love the strawman's argument and will twist it any way they can to make you out to be a hater.

What the hell is "the strawman's argument?" There's nothing to twist. If Dalton sucked, as some of you say, they would have lost.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had some pretty deep balls that I think were more on Green getting bumped off his route. He made a very difficult throw to Jones in the endzone. I thought he threw the ball well. I can only remember one throw that was completely off the mark.

Watch other teams in the NFL and it becomes very apparent that Dalton's deep ball is not NFL caliber. It really looks like those throws are just prayers for PI flags

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is "the strawman's argument?" There's nothing to twist. If Dalton sucked, as some of you say, they would have lost.

Dalton had 2 passes that you could say contributed to the win. He did not move the team down the field once, and you would have to have a strong argument to convince us that any of the points scored today could be attributed to him

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Watch other teams in the NFL and it becomes very apparent that Dalton's deep ball is not NFL caliber. It really looks like those throws are just prayers for PI flags

He got better in the 2nd half than the 1st, but he missed a lot. That long ball on the 3rd and 1 to Green on our 2nd to last possession was a big one.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do we give no credit to Pitt's D? I think any offense short of NE, GB, NO would've had difficulty moving the ball on them. They were stout as hell up the middle. Polamalu looked like vintage Polamalu. Their DB's played well. It was tough sledding for any offense today in a hostile environment.

Plus, I haven't read through this whole game thread but clearly the D won the game for them today. That was evident. Stopping the Steelers consistently on 3rd down is no easy feat...but the Bengals and Dalton did what the Steelers couldn't. They made a play when they needed one and didn't give the other team points.

gcostanza

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
dalton did and does suck, he holds the ball too long, intentional ground penalty, throws too high, he just isnt very good

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, I haven't read through this whole game thread but clearly the D won the game for them today. That was evident. Stopping the Steelers consistently on 3rd down is no easy feat...but the Bengals and Dalton did what the Steelers couldn't. They made a play when they needed one and didn't give the other team points.

No one is going to argue this at all. D played a hell of a game and won it for us.

Just dont come start with the 'Dalton threw for 278' bullshit.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we give no credit to Pitt's D? I think any offense short of NE, GB, NO would've had difficulty moving the ball on them. They were stout as hell up the middle. Polamalu looked like vintage Polamalu. Their DB's played well. It was tough sledding for any offense today in a hostile environment.

Apparently not on this board.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I am an NFL junkie. If theres a game on I'm watching it. It is not lost on me that Dalton's deep ball is the weakest part of his game. But I think with a WR like Green you have to put some air under the ball and give your WR a chance to make a play. Credit Pitt for covering Green well on the deep throws. Credit Dalton for keeping his composure and making big throws in crucial situations against a a D that played better than they have all year long. He did miss the play that Rey pointed out and he does need to work on his vision, but Pitt's D played so well that I didn't see many plays left on the field. Many times there was just no plays to make.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No one is going to argue this at all. D played a hell of a game and won it for us.

Just dont come start with the 'Dalton threw for 278' bullshit.

were you the one that brought up strawman arguments?