• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals / Dolphins / Burrow

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is anyway the Dolphins can ante up anything that would cause the Bengals to accept a trade for the #1 pick. I think it would have to start at 4 - #1's (all three this year) and a 1st and 2nd next year.

I think what Mel Kiper is absolutely right in the following interview, along with Rex Ryan. He nailed my sediments. Plus, the fan fare, and money he will make the organization in money, ticket sales, merchandise, etc. So you get a face of the franchise, you get a guy that is going to be a media darling, and you will get the schedule makers wanting to see Cincinnati in prime time with Burrow.

You just refuse the trade, don't think about it, and you draft Burrow, especially with the way the Bengals responded in FA.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is anyway the Dolphins can ante up anything that would cause the Bengals to accept a trade for the #1 pick. I think it would have to start at 4 - #1's (all three this year) and a 1st and 2nd next year.

I think what Mel Kiper is absolutely right in the following interview, along with Rex Ryan. He nailed my sediments. Plus, the fan fare, and money he will make the organization in money, ticket sales, merchandise, etc. So you get a face of the franchise, you get a guy that is going to be a media darling, and you will get the schedule makers wanting to see Cincinnati in prime time with Burrow.

You just refuse the trade, don't think about it, and you draft Burrow, especially with the way the Bengals responded in FA.
What will they do with Andy Dalton?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will they do with Andy Dalton?

My guess is they will use Dalton as a piece to trade up in a round somewhere in the draft. I think the most realistic thing that happens, even though Dalton is a CHEAP alternative at only 17.7 million, my guess is he will just have to be cut to free room. There is zero cap hit for cutting him, and I doubt that an organization wants to sign a backup QB to 17.7 million. Unless you can find someone willing to make Dalton their starting QB for a year, or negotiate a long term contract with him, I don't think anyone is going to bite with Cam Newton, Jamis Winston and a plethora of QB's in this years draft available.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 1st's and a 2nd is asking A LOT..yeah it for a #1 pick but great value still seems to be all 3 1st's this year and 2021 2nd. That being said I think that would be dumb for Miami to do. Yes, Tua has injury concerns but he could be better than Burrow...who knows. Take Tua and add plenty of depth which they need. Miami would be dumb to trade to #1

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 1st's and a 2nd is asking A LOT..yeah it for a #1 pick but great value still seems to be all 3 1st's this year and 2021 2nd. That being said I think that would be dumb for Miami to do. Yes, Tua has injury concerns but he could be better than Burrow...who knows. Take Tua and add plenty of depth which they need. Miami would be dumb to trade to #1

At that price, I would agree with you. The smart choice here is for the Bengals to make the right decision for two franchises, which seems ironic, since they can't make a smart one for themselves most the time. They need to take their franchise QB, and they need to protect the Dolphins from themselves.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shots fired!
source.gif

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-8_13-23-12.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-8_13-23-12.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 2

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they will use Dalton as a piece to trade up in a round somewhere in the draft. I think the most realistic thing that happens, even though Dalton is a CHEAP alternative at only 17.7 million, my guess is he will just have to be cut to free room. There is zero cap hit for cutting him, and I doubt that an organization wants to sign a backup QB to 17.7 million. Unless you can find someone willing to make Dalton their starting QB for a year, or negotiate a long term contract with him, I don't think anyone is going to bite with Cam Newton, Jamis Winston and a plethora of QB's in this years draft available.

redskins fans think they can get 3 number 1 picks and hunter henry, or 3 number ones and a first or second this year or next for the 2. Soooo

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redskins fans think they can get 3 number 1 picks and hunter henry, or 3 number ones and a first or second this year or next for the 2. Soooo

I will be honest, as a Bengals fan, I don't care about all the draft stock we could acquire. Once in a lifetime the perfect storm occurs, and with Burrow from Ohio, his season he had, his mental makeup and leadership, toughness, etc. He is the perfect face of this franchise and he provides much more than 4 - 1st round picks could to this team.

1) You start with a franchise QB and a face to your franchise. The Bengals have done pretty good in that area, for the most part, from Anderson, to Esiason, to Palmer, to Dalton. You need a franchise QB in a passing heavy league where RB's have little monetary value now and defenses are giving up more yards than ever before. The best defenses in the league equate to a 15-20 ranked D just 10 years ago. Rules have changed, and you need that guy. The best teams in this league, they have a franchise QB, or they have done very well in drafting a ton of quality young players that have been scattered across their team, mostly on defense.

2) He will immediately legitimize the seriousness of this team and their desire to win. He will also make league officials start to schedule more prime time games and games that feature the Bengals in bigger games.

3) He is basically like a printing press for money to Mike Brown. Burrow will sell so many more season tickets and merchandise sales will go through the roof. Burrow jersey's will probably double the rest of the team jerseys combined.

4) He is a local kid that can drive support for non-profits and organizations that will lead people to volunteering and donating to in the community. You saw what his Heisman speech did for his hometown on pure accident.

It is way too early to induct him into the HOF, because you just never how a prospect will translate to the NFL. But there is very little conflict on him being the best QB to come out in quite a while, since Andrew Luck. I would rather us draft Burrow and swing and miss, then make that trade, see him become a great success somewhere else, while our picks become disappointments or injury prone. The Bengals have swung and missed on a shit ton of 1st round picks, A LOT! So what makes the Bengals think they can make 3 to 4 1st round picks that will pan out when history says they have an at best 40-50% success rate on 1st rounders? Take the damn sure thing t hat solves many issues. Especially the ticket sales thing, where they had their smallest attendance since I don't even know when. Prior to Marvin Lewis maybe?

Don't overthink it, take your QB, and tell Miami spend their draft stock wisely during their rebuild.

I can see how they want Burrow, Miami has not been real good since Marino left. Once again, one player, and it was a QB that made that much of a difference.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins have three 1st round picks this year? How the hell did they get all of those? I thought the Texans just gave up one 1st for Tunsil

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins have three 1st round picks this year? How the hell did they get all of those? I thought the Texans just gave up one 1st for Tunsil
Steelers traded one to them for Minkah.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thinking they could get and saying that’s the only thing that would make you consider trading are two different stories. The latter is what most fans have been saying. Basically the players and price is too high for any team to trade to the top two.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be honest, as a Bengals fan, I don't care about all the draft stock we could acquire. Once in a lifetime the perfect storm occurs, and with Burrow from Ohio, his season he had, his mental makeup and leadership, toughness, etc. He is the perfect face of this franchise and he provides much more than 4 - 1st round picks could to this team.

1) You start with a franchise QB and a face to your franchise. The Bengals have done pretty good in that area, for the most part, from Anderson, to Esiason, to Palmer, to Dalton. You need a franchise QB in a passing heavy league where RB's have little monetary value now and defenses are giving up more yards than ever before. The best defenses in the league equate to a 15-20 ranked D just 10 years ago. Rules have changed, and you need that guy. The best teams in this league, they have a franchise QB, or they have done very well in drafting a ton of quality young players that have been scattered across their team, mostly on defense.

2) He will immediately legitimize the seriousness of this team and their desire to win. He will also make league officials start to schedule more prime time games and games that feature the Bengals in bigger games.

3) He is basically like a printing press for money to Mike Brown. Burrow will sell so many more season tickets and merchandise sales will go through the roof. Burrow jersey's will probably double the rest of the team jerseys combined.

4) He is a local kid that can drive support for non-profits and organizations that will lead people to volunteering and donating to in the community. You saw what his Heisman speech did for his hometown on pure accident.

It is way too early to induct him into the HOF, because you just never how a prospect will translate to the NFL. But there is very little conflict on him being the best QB to come out in quite a while, since Andrew Luck. I would rather us draft Burrow and swing and miss, then make that trade, see him become a great success somewhere else, while our picks become disappointments or injury prone. The Bengals have swung and missed on a shit ton of 1st round picks, A LOT! So what makes the Bengals think they can make 3 to 4 1st round picks that will pan out when history says they have an at best 40-50% success rate on 1st rounders? Take the damn sure thing t hat solves many issues. Especially the ticket sales thing, where they had their smallest attendance since I don't even know when. Prior to Marvin Lewis maybe?

Don't overthink it, take your QB, and tell Miami spend their draft stock wisely during their rebuild.

I can see how they want Burrow, Miami has not been real good since Marino left. Once again, one player, and it was a QB that made that much of a difference.
i agree with you on all points. I just caution the one hit wonder............his season was for the ages.......but........one season. He also is older..........how much more will he develop.