• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals / Dolphins / Burrow

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you on all points. I just caution the one hit wonder............his season was for the ages.......but........one season. He also is older..........how much more will he develop.

I agree about the 1 hit wonder right now. I am right there with you, but you saw something change in him his first year in LSU. He missed all the off season stuff and then during one of those games towards the middle to end of the season, he got hit hard, very hard. He bounced right back up, was in a guys face, and from that moment on, his confidence soared and he played with an edge to him. He became that leader to the guys around him. He showed his team he is willing to give it his all for every single game during that 72-74 game he had against Texas A&M, where he was so drained and exhausted he passed out after the game in the locker room.

He has in spades abilities you just can't teach someone to have. Those intangibles are what make him special enough to take a gamble on that one statistical season. At least in my opinion.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the 1 hit wonder right now. I am right there with you, but you saw something change in him his first year in LSU. He missed all the off season stuff and then during one of those games towards the middle to end of the season, he got hit hard, very hard. He bounced right back up, was in a guys face, and from that moment on, his confidence soared and he played with an edge to him. He became that leader to the guys around him. He showed his team he is willing to give it his all for every single game during that 72-74 game he had against Texas A&M, where he was so drained and exhausted he passed out after the game in the locker room.

He has in spades abilities you just can't teach someone to have. Those intangibles are what make him special enough to take a gamble on that one statistical season. At least in my opinion.
oh dude im with you. Im 100% with you. Im just pointing out i dont think hes the "lock" that lets say andrew luck was? injuries buried luck, but you know what i mean

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh dude im with you. Im 100% with you. Im just pointing out i dont think hes the "lock" that lets say andrew luck was? injuries buried luck, but you know what i mean

I know exactly what you mean. I never said he was a lock. He could be like the other 1 hit wonder Akili Smith was in Cincinnati. All I am saying is, I would rather swing for the fences and miss with Burrow, then trade away the Babe like the Red Sox did and wonder, WTF were we thinking?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what you mean. I never said he was a lock. He could be like the other 1 hit wonder Akili Smith was in Cincinnati. All I am saying is, I would rather swing for the fences and miss with Burrow, then trade away the Babe like the Red Sox did and wonder, WTF were we thinking?
no i know you didnt, lol i wasnt criticizing you, i was just adding in. I agree with you. Tua is great IMHO. But a walking injury......you cant gamble on him being healthy.....4 #1's is tempting though isnt it

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i know you didnt, lol i wasnt criticizing you, i was just adding in. I agree with you. Tua is great IMHO. But a walking injury......you cant gamble on him being healthy.....4 #1's is tempting though isnt it

Any other year and I would have been cursing the Bengals if they didn't make that trade. Just too much potential to pass on. Hopefully, make this division more competitive across the board with Ben coming back, Lamar winning an MVP, a Cleveland team with tons of talent and finally looking to build their Oline to give Baker and his weapons some time. This could be one hell of a division. See what Cincinnati does at LB, because they still have holes and depth issues there, and on Oline. But I like the direction they went, I like they spent in FA and they are trying to fast track this rebuild along with the franchise QB they need right now to re-energize the fan base. Be nice to see a QB at the helm that doesn't continuously choke against Pittsburgh.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other year and I would have been cursing the Bengals if they didn't make that trade. Just too much potential to pass on. Hopefully, make this division more competitive across the board with Ben coming back, Lamar winning an MVP, a Cleveland team with tons of talent and finally looking to build their Oline to give Baker and his weapons some time. This could be one hell of a division. See what Cincinnati does at LB, because they still have holes and depth issues there, and on Oline. But I like the direction they went, I like they spent in FA and they are trying to fast track this rebuild along with the franchise QB they need right now to re-energize the fan base. Be nice to see a QB at the helm that doesn't continuously choke against Pittsburgh.
I mean I'd rather u keep the red rifle......... but I agree you gotta get your qb.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really easy IMO - if the Bengals think that Burrow is a Franchise QB that can WIN them games, and WIN playoff games - there isn't any amount of draft capitol that should make them consider trading.

If there is hesitation, or a belief that another QB could be just as good, or they don't view him as a FRANCHISE WINNING QB - then they should sell it for the world.

I think digging into it any deep than that is just wasting time. It really is that easy. Either he's THE guy in which case no trade is good enough, or he's not. With what they could get for that pick, there isn't any in-between, IMO.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did someone not know miami had three picks, whose been following and posting about the draft? thats a better question.

Miami has been the most irrelevant and uninteresting team in the league for two decades. Excise me for not having any interest level to follow their draft status.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has been the most irrelevant and uninteresting team in the league for two decades. Excise me for not having any interest level to follow their draft status.
well considering they basically have a large say in the entire first round, and most of the draft....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well considering they basically have a large say in the entire first round, and most of the draft....

Draft is pretty far back of my mind these days and what parts of it that aren't are purely related to the Eagles.

But you keep doing you following the most uninteresting team in the NFL.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft is pretty far back of my mind these days and what parts of it that aren't are purely related to the Eagles.

But you keep doing you following the most uninteresting team in the NFL.
i only mention it because youve been posting in the draft thread, even ranking prospects.....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i only mention it because youve been posting in the draft thread, even ranking prospects.....

I made exactly 1 post in the draft thread with a ranking of WRs because, as I said, the only part of the draft I care about relates to the Eagles and they will need to draft a WR.