• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Bengals are on the Clock. What do they do?

What does Mrs Chaney talk about for the next ten years?

• Joe Burrow

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Chase Young

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Trade out and get a king's ransom

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 NFL Trade Value Chart

looking at the chart, along with teams who might trade up for a QB, Miami be an ideal trading partner. They have 3 1st round picks. The Bengals could trade #1 for #5, #22, #37 and possibly get 3 starters out of the deal. I don't know enough about Rosen/contract to know if this is feasible. But if he can't beat out Fitzpatrick...
Hell, maybe the #5, 22, 3rd, and Rosen?

Draft a QB late first early second, and let them battle with Rosen.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they should do and what they will do are probably going to be vastly different.

They probably *should* drop out for as much as they can get - the team needs way more than just a QB or DE.

That being said - if they are going to spend in F/A (HAHAHAHA it is the Bengals, I know) and upgrade the OL/TE positions and some on defense, as well as their later draft picks, then Burrow is the pick if you are going to go QB.

Young shouldn't even be in the picture. Young is a stud and looks like he is going to have a very good NFL. However, you can only make this pick for a team that already has most major holes filled, and a solid QB and needs that dominant defender to help push a team over.

Teams are not built around DE's. They are built around QB's - and if Burrow is the guy everyone seems to think is the best of the best from this class and has a shot of being a playoff caliber QB in the NFL - then this is the pick 100% if you are not trading back.

They also should be considering trading Dalton and a sign and trade for AJ Green. I'd also listen to offers on Atkins and Dunlap. These guys are still solid players, but probably will be too old by the time anything gets done to the point of competing again - so get some mid round draft picks and over-stock on the draft.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the minority here but I think they trade out and get a "kings ransom".
For one they are the Bengals
Two I don't think they'll be smart

I love Burrow myself but is he a fit for Cincy? Should be very interesting whatever they do

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the minority here but I think they trade out and get a "kings ransom".

The chances of a team making a legit offer to move up to the #1 overall spot is extremely slim.

Every team drafting in the top 5 has holes all over their rosters. No team really can afford to give up the draft capital needed to move up into the #1 spot.

The exact reason that the Bengals want to trade down is the reason that they likely will not get a legitimate trade offer from another team.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chances of a team making a legit offer to move up to the #1 overall spot is extremely slim.

Every team drafting in the top 5 has holes all over their rosters. No team really can afford to give up the draft capital needed to move up into the #1 spot.

The exact reason that the Bengals want to trade down is the reason that they likely will not get a legitimate trade offer from another team.

Stop making sense. It's still 2019, it's not a new year yet!! :D:D

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop making sense. It's still 2019, it's not a new year yet!! :D:D

My bad.

Bengals should trade down 3 spots with the Giants and get an additional 2nd and 3rd rounder this year and a 1st and 3rd rounder in 2021. It's that easy. Giants certainly will be willing to part with those picks to leapfrog the Redskins and keep Young on their team and not on a division rival (there actually is some truth in this sarcasm).

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad.

Bengals should trade down 3 spots with the Giants and get an additional 2nd and 3rd rounder this year and a 1st and 3rd rounder in 2021. It's that easy. Giants certainly will be willing to part with those picks to leapfrog the Redskins and keep Young on their team and not on a division rival (there actually is some truth in this sarcasm).

I don't think the Bengals are smart enough to do that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betting on getting Lawrence would be insanely foolhardy if they brought back Dalton.

QB's emerge. Burrow wasn't anywhere to be found before this year. There will be more to choose from just Lawrence. I think Young is the best player but still iffy about Burrow. All that being said, I would just go ahead and take Burrow. I have seen enough from him even with his amazing WR's at LSU.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even Elway would trade for Dalton's $17.7M contract.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Youngs ceiling is IMO extremely high, but probably not too far above what Khalik Mack did last year for the Bears. He took a good to great defense and made them SB worthy.

But they still had Trubisky at QB....

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they will get much interest in Dalton. He may be a bit better than Brissett, so maybe the Colts should get him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever they take will be the next Ryan Leaf.