• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons-Joel Embiid Duo

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they can go over to re-sign their own players. But what big name free agent is going to sign on to playing with the Lakers unless the core of Ingram/Russell/Randle has developed into something good? The problem is that the better that Russell and Randle are, the less money Los Angeles will have to sign potential free agents.

Sure, they may be able to move Deng and Mozgov, but what will it cost to move them?

It should all sort itself out. If all the youngsters are worth re-signing to big deals, no big name free agent needed really. If one or two don't work out, they won't get the big deal, freeing up cap space.

Lakers don't really need that "big name free agent" as much as the media seems to think they do. I'm glad Westbrook isn't available, as acquiring him would've disrupted the growth from within.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not truly a 2. I see his future as more of a combo guard 6th man unless he drastically improves his play as a 2. He's been working hard on that shot this offseason, looking good so far.

No matter what position he is playing, he needs an outside shot.

I also don't think Ingram can play the 3 right now at his weight. Which means your front court is going to be thin.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers don't really need that "big name free agent" as much as the media seems to think they do. I'm glad Westbrook isn't available, as acquiring him would've disrupted the growth from within.

That is nutty. If the Lakers could have brought in Westbrook and resigned him to a 4 year deal, they do it. He's one of the best players in the game. Rolling the dice and hoping that ANY of the guys on the roster will be that good is crazy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is nutty. If the Lakers could have brought in Westbrook and resigned him to a 4 year deal, they do it. He's one of the best players in the game. Rolling the dice and hoping that ANY of the guys on the roster will be that good is crazy.

We'll see how good he is as "the man" this year. He's supremely talented and athletic, but can you really build around him?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how good he is as "the man" this year. He's supremely talented and athletic, but can you really build around him?

Well he's not Lebron but no one is.

Every other elite player needs at least another all star to be a playoff threat. You really need 2 other players.
If Oladipo can become a legit player or Sabonis kid surprises then maybe the Thunder can make some noise.

But I think that if Westbrook stays healthy he'll be in contention for MVP.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's not Lebron but no one is.

Every other elite player needs at least another all star to be a playoff threat. You really need 2 other players.
If Oladipo can become a legit player or Sabonis kid surprises then maybe the Thunder can make some noise.

But I think that if Westbrook stays healthy he'll be in contention for MVP.

He'll certainly put up huge numbers, but I'm a bit skeptical that it will result in as many wins.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll certainly put up huge numbers, but I'm a bit skeptical that it will result in as many wins.

They lost one of the 3 best players in the game and a pretty important player in Ibaka. If they get the same number of wins as they had last year, Westbrook should win MVP and Donovan should win coach of the year.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should all sort itself out. If all the youngsters are worth re-signing to big deals, no big name free agent needed really. If one or two don't work out, they won't get the big deal, freeing up cap space.

Rebuilding in LA isn't easy. People have a lot of things to choose from. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the Lakers to gel.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers will get it. I don't think the Lakers will suck enough to make it worth keeping.

All depends on the ping pong balls. Lakers will still be in the lottery, but the odds will be tougher than the past two years. If the Lakers keep it, that means it's top 3, which is ALWAYS worth keeping. Their draft position is only going to be later as this team develops.

Josh Jackson would fill out this young roster nicely.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised if the Lakers make the playoffs this season. 2017 is supposed to be a better draft class than 2016. We'll see.

They won't make the playoffs. But they also won't suck as much as the last few years. 30-35 wins would be a good start.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't make the playoffs. But they also won't suck as much as the last few years. 30-35 wins would be a good start.

I can see them winning 30. I think they'll make a big move next offseason. Not necessarily a free agent. I won't be surprised if Cousins becomes a Laker at some point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them winning 30. I think they'll make a big move next offseason. Not necessarily a free agent. I won't be surprised if Cousins becomes a Laker at some point.

No reason to waste valuable resources on a cancerous one-way player.