• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons-Joel Embiid Duo

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that these 2 will be Sixers' core in the next few years. They have still high hopes for Embiid, the next Hakeem, as they said, that's why we saw either Okafor or Noel has been in trade talks these past days.

Seems like both Simmons and Embiid will be playing together next season as Rookies. Now, what do you think of this duo? If Embiid gets healthy, do you think this duo can be potentially better than Wolves' duo of Wiggins-Towns? Post your thoughts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers and Boston could not get anything done trade wise really. Both rosters are so over crowded. Each is gonna have to take one on the chin in a trade to sort out their roster i think.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that these 2 will be Sixers' core in the next few years. They have still high hopes for Embiid, the next Hakeem, as they said, that's why we saw either Okafor or Noel has been in trade talks these past days.

Seems like both Simmons and Embiid will be playing together next season as Rookies. Now, what do you think of this duo? If Embiid gets healthy, do you think this duo can be potentially better than Wolves' duo of Wiggins-Towns? Post your thoughts.

The Sixers are on the right track. Dot forget about Saric, who could end up being their best big man when it is all said and done. Still though, none of this compares to what Minnesota has done.

Townes, Wiggins and Dunn give them a great young core. What I like best about this trio is that they have bigs and littles, and Townes is skilled enough to score from the perimeter. This team can be a future champion if they can add quality role players and develop this core together.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally have little to no faith in Embiid. He's been out of the game for so long, he's got a long next few years of readjusting. For him to even get as good as KAT was last year, I say 5 years at least, so I have to go with the Minnesota core. Dunn was a fantastic pickup.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Embiid can ever get on the court. I have a feeling he will have a very short career. Fott for big guys are not a good thing. Simmons is going to be a good one. Big guy the can do it all. He needs to work on his shooting.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid or Okafor guys, who would you rather keep?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better?

No.

Similar?

Sure.

Sweet shooting, silky smooth big. Elite athleticism, questionable motor, but great all around player, sans shooting, forward.

Wiggins can't pass like Simmons.

Embiid won't be durable like KAT.

Winner: Teen Wolves

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo Rolling the dice on Embiid > Okafor > Celtics #3 pick

I am torn here. I think Okafor is the second coming of Carlos Boozer, and that just is not all that valuable in today's NBA. He is a solid starter, but nothing special.

EmBiid could be a great player, but it is more likely that he never plays enough games to develop.

I am keeping Embiid though, simply because Okafor has a lot more trade value.

Reactions: DJ

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am torn here. I think Okafor is the second coming of Carlos Boozer, and that just is not all that valuable in today's NBA. He is a solid starter, but nothing special.

EmBiid could be a great player, but it is more likely that he never plays enough games to develop.

I am keeping Embiid though, simply because Okafor has a lot more trade value.
I think everyone is pretty much in agreement about Okafor and Embiid. Embiiid could still be something really special and probably has no trade value and has a good possibility of never panning out. This isn't Greg Oden vs Kevin Durant. This is Greg Oden vs 3rd best player on a playoff team. I still think you run that risk if you're a team with no shot at the playoffs.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid has been healthy for a a while, but unlike the first time around when the Sixers tried rushing him back ... they have taken "extra" precaution to make sure he's 100% before he takes the court. He has also taken this time off to reshape his body ... he is in phenomenal shape after completely changing his diet and workouts. I think he comes in and goes for 18-10-2 off the jump. If Saric comes over (looking very likely) then Simmons will probably be used as a Point 3 with Saric at the 4. Both Embiid and Saric can hit the outside shots which would bode well for Simmons' assist #'s. If Embiid is indeed ready to roll and Saric comes over ... I can see Simmons going for something like 15-8-6-1.5-1 (Pts-Rebs-assts-steals-blocks).

They need to use free agency to snag Guards ... two guys I think would fit nicely are Allan Crabbe at SG and Jeremy Linn at the Point.

Should be interesting to see what happens with Okafor and Noel ... I still think one gets dealt prior to the start of the season.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Celtics are still pursuing for Noel, and not Okafor.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid has been healthy for a a while, but unlike the first time around when the Sixers tried rushing him back ... they have taken "extra" precaution to make sure he's 100% before he takes the court. He has also taken this time off to reshape his body ... he is in phenomenal shape after completely changing his diet and workouts. I think he comes in and goes for 18-10-2 off the jump. If Saric comes over (looking very likely) then Simmons will probably be used as a Point 3 with Saric at the 4. Both Embiid and Saric can hit the outside shots which would bode well for Simmons' assist #'s. If Embiid is indeed ready to roll and Saric comes over ... I can see Simmons going for something like 15-8-6-1.5-1 (Pts-Rebs-assts-steals-blocks).

They need to use free agency to snag Guards ... two guys I think would fit nicely are Allan Crabbe at SG and Jeremy Linn at the Point.

Should be interesting to see what happens with Okafor and Noel ... I still think one gets dealt prior to the start of the season.
I don't care how good of shape you're in, when you've been away from the game for nearly 3 years, you can't expect a guy to come back and put up numbers like that. Besides, he wasn't even that good when he was healthy at Kansas.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fucking crazy how people think having 1 center is better than having three. It is hard as shit to play 81 games plus the playoffs. Much easier to do it with a whole gaggle of bigs. No one knows if any of these guys will develop. Better to take chances on three guys rather than one.

If the Sixers trade Okafor and then fall short in the playoffs every year because of a lack of inside scoring I'm going to be livid. What the hell is wrong with using next year's picks and the following year's picks to get some scoring guards? What the fuck is wrong with depth? Why follow some other asshole's blueprint? Just infuriating. I'm glad the Sixers didn't already fuck this up by trading away a big already. So I guess so far so good, but the talk is friggin aggravating.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fucking crazy how people think having 1 center is better than having three. It is hard as shit to play 81 games plus the playoffs. Much easier to do it with a whole gaggle of bigs. No one knows if any of these guys will develop. Better to take chances on three guys rather than one.

If the Sixers trade Okafor and then fall short in the playoffs every year because of a lack of inside scoring I'm going to be livid. What the hell is wrong with using next year's picks and the following year's picks to get some scoring guards? What the fuck is wrong with depth? Why follow some other asshole's blueprint? Just infuriating. I'm glad the Sixers didn't already fuck this up by trading away a big already. So I guess so far so good, but the talk is friggin aggravating.
The talk only exists in the first place because the Sixers have been a disgrace to pro sports the past couple of years.

The reality is that bigs take awhile to develop unless they're Shaq. Odds are the Sixers have one star, one bust and one starter.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has embiid even dribbled a ball since he left Kansas?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk only exists in the first place because the Sixers have been a disgrace to pro sports the past couple of years.

The reality is that bigs take awhile to develop unless they're Shaq. Odds are the Sixers have one star, one bust and one starter.

Blame the NBA for catering to superstars. All the Sixers did was smartly take a long-term view.

Good reason to keep all 3 then. The Sixers would be liars if they tried to tell you which is which.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that the Sixers don't control the rights to the guys forever. Noel is going to be an RFA next year. And then a UFA the year after.

It would be great to be able to keep Noel, Embiid, Okafor, Simmons and Saric. The problem is they have absolutely zero backcourt. In a point guard driven league, the Sixers may have the worst group of PGs in basketball.

For the Sixers to have a chance at being legitimate they need to start getting good. Next year's FA class is going to be loaded but the Sixers need to show that they are serious team if they are going to have any chance of drawing any of those FAs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame the NBA for catering to superstars. All the Sixers did was smartly take a long-term view.

Good reason to keep all 3 then. The Sixers would be liars if they tried to tell you which is which.
I think the idea is that they need to start gambling. Any one of us on a message board could hoard talent. A GM gets paid because he can figure out which ones are worth paying.