• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors - Sixers trade

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to call 6'9 a true center, sure.
Haha! So you think attaching “true” to the concept argues against my statement about positionless basketball? Yikes. Thanks for the unwitting assist, bro.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what they said in 2020-21. So that’s what he did in 21-22. But you’re right. If you want to be MVP, you can’t get Covid and miss games. Jokic was MVP because Embiid got Covid. Makes a ton of sense.

He played 10% fewer games than Jokic in 21-22.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 10% fewer games than Jokic in 21-22.
And you don’t know why. He contracted Covid. Outside of his Covid absence he missed only 3 or 4 games. He was told by media types in 2020-21 that he would have been MVP if he played more games. He did and this time he led the league in scoring, something that hasn’t been done since Shaq in 1999. He averaged over 30 a game, something a center hasn’t done since Mo Malone in the early 80s. But none of that has value in the new NBA pocket protector media comprised of try hard JV soccer players who lean on formulas and algorithms created by guys like Nate Silver where Chris Paul’s 15 assists doesn’t rank as highly as Jokic’s 8 assists because of the position they are listed at.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! So you think attaching “true” to the concept argues against my statement about positionless basketball? Yikes. Thanks for the unwitting assist, bro.

Did I say that? No. I agreed to your example, for some reason I thought he played more PF. Horford wasn't exclusively a center in college (Noah), but has been in the pros.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don’t know why. He contracted Covid. Outside of his Covid absence he missed only 3 or 4 games. He was told by media types in 2020-21 that he would have been MVP if he played more games. He did and this time he led the league in scoring, something that hasn’t been done since Shaq in 1999. He averaged over 30 a game, something a center hasn’t done since Mo Malone in the early 80s. But none of that has value in the new NBA pocket protector media comprised of try hard JV soccer players who lean on formulas and algorithms created by guys like Nate Silver where Chris Paul’s 15 assists doesn’t rank as highly as Jokic’s 8 assists because of the position they are listed at.

Your blinders are amazing.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say that? No. I agreed to your example, for some reason I thought he played more PF. Horford wasn't exclusively a center in college (Noah), but has been in the pros.

Horford played quite a bit of of early on before space ball made the nba product so much worse

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would the reason why matter?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the result?

He was beat up and worn down in the playoffs.

Maybe he shouldn’t try so hard to win MVP.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the result?

He was beat up and worn down in the playoffs.

Maybe he shouldn’t try so hard to win MVP.
Especially because they aren’t going to give him what he’s earned anyway. Point blank they don’t like the guy. It is what it is.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially because they aren’t going to give him what he’s earned anyway. Point blank they don’t like the guy. It is what it is.

I have no issue with Embiid personally.

I would have a hard time giving MVP to someone who missed as many games as he did, regardless of the reason.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what they said in 2020-21. So that’s what he did in 21-22. But you’re right. If you want to be MVP, you can’t get Covid and miss games. Jokic was MVP because Embiid got Covid. Makes a ton of sense.

Having the immune system of a toddler doesn't help. That's true.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chill out, bruh...not everyone is as "invincible" as you apparently are...not even top tier pro athletes.....lol

That has more to do with Embiid being sick multiple times before Covid. Not to derail this thread but covid is now in a state it should be handled more akin to the flu rather than mandating it on healthy people who don't want it.

Especially considering the most effective push we've had to decrease Covid spread was covid itself (omnicron)

And if you ever want to do some digging in the big covid thread you will see I said it would end up being the best thing that ever happened to us for covid. A highly contagious less lethal version.

But I am not anti vaccine. We've just allowed our covid hysteria to progress too far.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has more to do with Embiid being sick multiple times before Covid. Not to derail this thread but covid is now in a state it should be handled more akin to the flu rather than mandating it on healthy people who don't want it.

Especially considering the most effective push we've had to decrease Covid spread was covid itself (omnicron)

And if you ever want to do some digging in the big covid thread you will see I said it would end up being the best thing that ever happened to us for covid. A highly contagious less lethal version.

But I am not anti vaccine. We've just allowed our covid hysteria to progress too far.
There was a plethora of misinformation out there in the onset....and then conspiracy theories, lies and fear took over throughout and confused large segments of the population, as did the alternative meds self immunizing crowd...which then became detrimental to curtailing it's result...which in turn created even more hysteria.

Hundreds of thousands of otherwise healthy people around the world died needlessly during the peak.
Over a Million here in the USA.

The vaccinations, masking, social distancing, closures, curfews and subsequent booster regimens have worked exceedingly well.

Unfortunately, there are still far too many selfish and ignorant people walking among us in this country.
Hopefully we won't have to go through another ebb & flow like that again.....because there will be a more fatal variant and perhaps even a brand new lethal contagion altogether looming in the not too distant future.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Canada is full of fags. They still didn't let the Phillies play all these months after not letting the Sixers play. Dumb cunts.

Embiid should skip all the worthless games from november to march. Play 10 games and the playoffs and win 5 championships.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada is full of fags. They still didn't let the Phillies play all these months after not letting the Sixers play. Dumb cunts.

Embiid should skip all the worthless games from november to march. Play 10 games and the playoffs and win 5 championships.

200.gif