• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell Back In Pittsburgh

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt is a better team with Bell, if he does finish out the year it's good for Pitt's chances .... I"m sure Pitt fans are pretty disgusted by the guy though...

Yeah but I think that will disappear as soon as he starts playing for them again. It's not like they've been struggling at the position without him.

Then in the off-season they can hate on him again.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
˙6 ɹɐǝʎ ɹoɟ ʇıɐʍ uɐɥʇ ɹǝɥʇɐɹ ǝןɔʎɔ ʇɔɐɹʇuoɔ ǝɥʇ uı ɹǝıןɹɐǝ ʇnopןoɥ oʇ unɹ ƃuoן ǝɥʇ uı ɹǝdɐǝɥɔ s,ʇı ʇɐɥʇ uɹɐǝן osןɐ ʇɥƃıɯ sɹǝʎɐןԀ ˙sɯɹǝʇ ɹnoʎ uo ,ʇuɐʍ noʎ ʇɐɥʍ noʎ ʇǝƃ oʇ uodn pǝıןǝɹ ǝq uɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ uodɐǝʍ ןnɟɹǝʍod ןןɐ uɐ uɐɥʇ ɹǝɥʇɐɹ ʇɹosǝɹ ʇsɐן ɐ sɐ ɟo ʇɥƃnoɥʇ ǝq pןnoɥs sƃɐʇ ʇɐɥʇ sWƃ puɐ suɐɟ puıɯǝɹ oʇ pǝʌɹǝs sɐɥ ʇnopןoɥ s,ןןǝq ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇıƎ

˙ǝɔɐds dɐɔ puɐ ɥsɐɔ ʎq pǝʇıɯıן uǝǝq ǝʌɐɥ sɹǝןǝǝʇS ǝɥ⊥ ˙sʞɔıd pǝǝu suʍoɹq ǝɥʇ ǝʞıן sǝsıɥɔuɐɹɟ pɐq ʇnq 9102 uı sǝʌɐǝן ǝɥ uǝɥʍ ɐןnɯɹoɟ ʞɔıd ʎɹoʇɐsuǝdɯoɔ ǝɥʇ spɹɐʍoʇ ʇunoɔ pןnoʍ ןןǝq ɯıɥ dǝǝʞ ʎǝɥʇ ɟı ,ǝɹnS ˙8102 uı ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ǝןıʇnɟ ɐ ǝq ʎןqɐqoɹd pןnoʍ ʇɐɥʍ uo ǝɹnʇnɟ ǝɥʇ spɹɐʍoʇ ʇnd ǝq ɹǝʇʇǝq pןnoʍ ʇɐɥʇ ǝɔɐds dɐɔ puɐ ɥsɐɔ ǝsn ɹo uoıʇɐsuǝdɯoɔ ʇnoɥʇıʍ ɯıɥ ʇnɔ ɹǝɥʇıǝ oʇ sɹǝןǝǝʇS ǝɥʇ ǝɔɹoɟ pןnoʍ ʇI ˙ʞǝǝʍ ʇxǝu dn ʍoɥs sǝop ןןǝq ǝdoɥ I

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what we are all saying... Nobody wants him to come back at this point.

Could the Steelers even tell him "no thanks" if he persists on signing the tender?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the Steelers even tell him "no thanks" if he persists on signing the tender?
Yep, they still have the option to rescind the tag and let him walk.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes...as Face said they can rescind the tag.

If I'm not mistaken, PIT can rescind the tag and Bell would be a FA free to sign with any team...what's a little cloudy...do they get the comp pick if he signs with another team now...in 2019 or 2020? I know if he signs with another team this offseason the comp pick in 2020.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, they still have the option to rescind the tag and let him walk.

So, he'd be a free agent and could sign elsewhere to finish the season. Interesting.

I understand being frustrated by Bell. However, may I ask why there's so much anger? I get both sides. I understand Pittsburgh not wanting to pay a RB that kind of contract. I wouldn't do it. However, I also can't blame somebody who is merely trying to optimize their earning potential - which exists only in a very short window.

I know I want to optimize my earning potential in my career... and I have a lot more time than he does.

The "he's not happy with millions!" argument doesn't really hold up for me either. I make a decent living, nothing like Bell. However, if I was due for a promotion/raise... etc... telling me "hey, ya know... there's people working at McDonald's who make 8 bucks an hour!" wouldn't exactly make me settle for less than I feel I am worth.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic's Mark Kaboly reports there's a "real possibility" Le'Veon Bell won’t report by the franchise tag deadline.
Bell tweeted Monday he was leaving his training spot in Miami. There were rumblings he planned to sign his franchise tag this week, but there's a chance he sits out all season. Bell counts as a third-year franchise player in 2019 even if he doesn't sign, so his $25 million tag number will prevent the Steelers from franchising him again in the offseason. Bell will forfeit his remaining $6.84 million salary if he doesn't report before next week.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm not mistaken, PIT can rescind the tag and Bell would be a FA free to sign with any team...what's a little cloudy...do they get the comp pick if he signs with another team now...in 2019 or 2020? I know if he signs with another team this offseason the comp pick in 2020.
In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); [generally speaking,] he must sign during the UFA signing period

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he'd be a free agent and could sign elsewhere to finish the season. Interesting.

I understand being frustrated by Bell. However, may I ask why there's so much anger? I get both sides. I understand Pittsburgh not wanting to pay a RB that kind of contract. I wouldn't do it. However, I also can't blame somebody who is merely trying to optimize their earning potential - which exists only in a very short window.

I know I want to optimize my earning potential in my career... and I have a lot more time than he does.

The "he's not happy with millions!" argument doesn't really hold up for me either. I make a decent living, nothing like Bell. However, if I was due for a promotion/raise... etc... telling me "hey, ya know... there's people working at McDonald's who make 8 bucks an hour!" wouldn't exactly make me settle for less than I feel I am worth.
Nobody in the Steelers forum here has ever faulted him for wanting what he's earned. Nor do we fault the Steelers for not giving him his demands. Both sides are perfectly acceptable and nobody can be faulted for doing what's best for them. It's an unfortunate situation that occasionally comes about in the NFL. It's a business and both sides need to protect their interest. Bell, like any normal hard working human being, wants to capitalize his earnings for what he does deserve... And the Steelers know they have the team to succeed with or without him so no need to handicap themselves by forking over double what the next highest paid RB was making (before Gurley).

What brought on the anger was how Bell & his agent handled the entire situation. They would have been much better off keeping things behind closed doors and not creating a circus out of the entire situation. They routinely backed out of their own words just to suit their ever-changing arguments. It grew tiresome, and he made himself look like an asshole by allowing social media posts of himself at strip clubs (during the team's training camp no less), releasing new rap songs backhanding the fanbase & team, riding jet skis and hosting big parties while the team was losing. He was even poking fun at the team constantly (posted about tying Cleveland). He made no attempt at being respectable in this situation. He was antagonizing and stirring the pot. Everyone wanted nothing more to do with him, and now he is about to stroll into south side to collect his $6.8mil (remainder of tag) and create drama. Yes they are professionals and should be more than equipped to handle this situation, but its a distraction however big or small it may be. The team is on the upswing and they really don't need something like this to happen now. He has proved too many times that he does not care about the team, so why would he start now?

It is what it is... I personally don't feel any anger over it. Just wish he would stick to his words or go away. I want the Steelers to trade him and rid themselves of this problem before it hurts the team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); [generally speaking,] he must sign during the UFA signing period

Good find.

Is said is true..Bell would qualify, but the compensation would be 2020...the only way to advance that would be another tag and a trade.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1540 touches in just 62 career games. That's a brutal workload. His yards per rushing attempt was a career low last year. Given his career work, down trend in rushing effeciency, and knowing history of running backs having a short shelf life in the NFL, Pittsburgh would be wise tomove on.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Steelers rescind the tag they won't get a compensatory pick for Bell. If he signs before the Week 11 deadline, (Tuesday), and leaves in the 2019 offseason he would count towards the compensatory pick formula that would potentially gain the Steelers a pick in 2020. Whether the Steelers got a pick or not would depend on what they did in the 2019 FA window. It comes down to whether the Steelers think 6 games of Bell and a possible #97 pick in the future are worth the cash and cap cost.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good find.

Is said is true..Bell would qualify, but the compensation would be 2020...the only way to advance that would be another tag and a trade.
So how does the "year of eligibility" factor into this? Don't know if that would matter?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the Steelers forum here has ever faulted him for wanting what he's earned. Nor do we fault the Steelers for not giving him his demands. Both sides are perfectly acceptable and nobody can be faulted for doing what's best for them. It's an unfortunate situation that occasionally comes about in the NFL. It's a business and both sides need to protect their interest. Bell, like any normal hard working human being, wants to capitalize his earnings for what he does deserve... And the Steelers know they have the team to succeed with or without him so no need to handicap themselves by forking over double what the next highest paid RB was making (before Gurley).

What brought on the anger was how Bell & his agent handled the entire situation. They would have been much better off keeping things behind closed doors and not creating a circus out of the entire situation. They routinely backed out of their own words just to suit their ever-changing arguments. It grew tiresome, and he made himself look like an asshole by allowing social media posts of himself at strip clubs (during the team's training camp no less), releasing new rap songs backhanding the fanbase & team, riding jet skis and hosting big parties while the team was losing. He was even poking fun at the team constantly (posted about tying Cleveland). He made no attempt at being respectable in this situation. He was antagonizing and stirring the pot. Everyone wanted nothing more to do with him, and now he is about to stroll into south side to collect his $6.8mil (remainder of tag) and create drama. Yes they are professionals and should be more than equipped to handle this situation, but its a distraction however big or small it may be. The team is on the upswing and they really don't need something like this to happen now. He has proved too many times that he does not care about the team, so why would he start now?

It is what it is... I personally don't feel any anger over it. Just wish he would stick to his words or go away. I want the Steelers to trade him and rid themselves of this problem before it hurts the team.

Okay, that's why I asked. I'm glad that I learned more details. I didn't realize his antagonizing of the organization had gotten to that extent.

He is, indeed, coming off like a total dip shit and I probably wouldn't want him back there.

Next week should be interesting.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that's why I asked. I'm glad that I learned more details. I didn't realize his antagonizing of the organization had gotten to that extent.

He is, indeed, coming off like a total dip shit and I probably wouldn't want him back there.

Next week should be interesting.
Exactly. Everyone just wants to move on. We are way past holding him accountable since he has burned everyone too many times. There's no reprieve in this situation. Even in the event that he signs with the team and becomes useful, he'll always be viewed as a red-headed step-child. He has tarnished his legacy here. Aside from running for 300yds and single-handedly winning the Super Bowl for the Steelers, I just don't see how he can ever be viewed in the same limelight ever again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a player driven league, I understand it's a short window to make this monopoly kind of money so I have no issue with Bell wanting to max out his earning opportunity. He knows this is likely his last NFL contract, certainly one of this value.

Where the frustration comes in for me as a fan.

• Team offered to make you the highest paid player at the position...it wasn't enough. Trying to make a precedent setting contract when you haven't done anything that hadn't already been done by a RB...run for lot of yards and catch passing for a lot of yards. I watched Marshall Faulk play...every bit the receiver and RB that Bell is. As a fan I get it but that rubbed me the wrong way.

• Moving target...this might be unfair to Bell because we really don't know the details of the negotiation, but based on the reports from people that were close to the negotiations...Bell was the one making the demands and the Steelers were more or less responding and his last contract demand that he put out there was he wanted $15 mil per...the Steelers offered that and were not able to get a contract signed because the target moved for the 3rd time to more guaranteed money and PIT was not going to jump thru anymore hoops.

• Baffling...okay, you couldn't get a long term deal done so the Tag stays in place...14.6 mil. Bell already had determined that he wasn't coming the camp and based on his actions LY the team respected that. He decides to tell some of his OL teammates that he was going to report on X date...responding to reporter questions some of these OL tell the media he's coming back on whatever date he told them...he reneges on that word.
At that point as a fan this is the baffling part...a player is willing to lose $8 or $9 mil to preserve his body to maybe make $5 mil more than what PIT was going to guarantee him...:scratch:...I've tossed these numbers around with different people and the math just does not work for anyone that understands what Bell is trying to do. ...I hate to lose Bell because of the contract, but they were investing way too much into the position so I think it was a blessing in disguise that he didn't sign it.

I'm tired of hearing about the Bell situation, but not angry with him.